Author Topic: Doctor Who Discussion  (Read 21377 times)

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
Doctor Who Discussion
« on: November 22, 2012, 05:49:18 am »
Without spoiler tags we need these spoiler filled zones. Spoilers meaning things that have aired.

Offline Anndgrim

• Local Moderators
  • Abnormal
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 05:51:13 am »
Dat new companion.  8)

Would that qualify as spoiler?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 05:52:53 am by Anndgrim »
Sig by dioz

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 05:52:48 am »
Dat new companion.  8)

Oh yeah. Has everyone seen the prequel to the Christmas special yet?

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 05:54:11 am »
Doctor Who: The Great Detective (Christmas Special Prequel) - Children in Need 2012 - BBC One

Offline Anndgrim

• Local Moderators
  • Abnormal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 05:56:51 am »
Dat new companion.  8)

I have. XD
The Doctor playing the 90s Anti-Hero. The one the "doesn't do this anymore". That's kind out of his range of personalities usually. I just hope they'll surprise us on this, which they usually don't fail to do, because him really being a 90s anti-hero would suck. That type of anti-hero is just a personification of bad writting most of the time, and it doesn't fit him at all anyway.
Sig by dioz

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 05:58:02 am »
Dat new companion.  8)

I have. XD
The Doctor playing the 90s Anti-Hero. The one the "doesn't do this anymore". That's kind out of his range of personalities usually. I just hope they'll surprise us on this, which they usually don't fail to do, because him really being a 90s anti-hero would suck. That type of anti-hero is just a personification of bad writting most of the time, and it doesn't fit him at all anyway.

He'll be back once Jenna joins. I mean Clara. He was smiling in the promo images with her and the 90s anti hero doesn't do that.

Offline Unlikely Story

• Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 07:16:36 am »
Love this show!

Marathon'd through it some time ago and I haven't been able to get enough since then. One thing that consistently disappoints me is when they go BACK in time. I love it so much more when they go into the future, there the possibilities are endless.

Vashta Nerada were so awesome!

Offline balis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 07:24:44 am »
Something I was wondering, the new companion, I know she is the actress from I don't remember what episode, but she will play as the personage from this episode or someone totally different?

because it is this personage, it would be awesome (as she is a genius *o*).

Other thing, about that theory:

So, as I said, the weeping angels turns to stone when the viewers see them, not the actor. That would explain why the statue of liberty was able to move through New York city unnoticed at night. And it would explain why Amy was sent back to the past in the cemetery, even though the Doctor and River should have been able to see it.

That means that we, as viewer, were somehow responsible for Amy going back to the past (since she blocked our view when she turned back..).

what do you think?

made by dioz/kami

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 08:19:17 am »
Something I was wondering, the new companion, I know she is the actress from I don't remember what episode, but she will play as the personage from this episode or someone totally different?

because it is this personage, it would be awesome (as she is a genius *o*).

Other thing, about that theory:

So, as I said, the weeping angels turns to stone when the viewers see them, not the actor. That would explain why the statue of liberty was able to move through New York city unnoticed at night. And it would explain why Amy was sent back to the past in the cemetery, even though the Doctor and River should have been able to see it.

That means that we, as viewer, were somehow responsible for Amy going back to the past (since she blocked our view when she turned back..).

what do you think?

New York thing. It's probably because New York then was dark enough? I really can't defend that whole Statue of Liberty thing. It was fun, but silly. Fun fact, the statue was closed for maintenance the year the episode took place.

As for the other. Well if Amy turning around also blocked the view for the Doctor and River, than it would have not been seen and thus able to touch her. So I don't think the theory is needed for that one.

Offline balis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 08:45:40 am »
As for the other. Well if Amy turning around also blocked the view for the Doctor and River, than it would have not been seen and thus able to touch her. So I don't think the theory is needed for that one.

for me they were too far away from Amy for her to block the view..

made by dioz/kami

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 04:46:07 pm »

You're assuming that they can't move any body part that nobody can see. Like a hand that was blocked from view.

Offline balis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 06:43:27 pm »

You're assuming that they can't move any body part that nobody can see. Like a hand that was blocked from view.

fair point~~

and about the new companion? she will impersonate the genius we saw in episode 1 or 2 ?

made by dioz/kami

Offline Unlikely Story

• Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 06:49:31 pm »

fair point~~

and about the new companion? she will impersonate the genius we saw in episode 1 or 2 ?

I think we may have a situation like between River and the Doctor.

When he meets his companion she wont have met him yet. He'll know about her future and she'll have no idea who he is.

At least that's a possibility.

Offline Anndgrim

• Local Moderators
  • Abnormal
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 07:01:21 pm »

fair point~~

I think we may have a situation like between River and the Doctor.

When he meets his companion she wont have met him yet. He'll know about her future and she'll have no idea who he is.

At least that's a possibility.

That or the wibbly wobbly timey wimey ball.
Sig by dioz

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 11:34:10 pm »
Clara is a new character, not Oswin.

anything