Author Topic: These Bloody Streets--A Decisive Battle! --IC--  (Read 14543 times)

Offline Yajuu_Kikuishi

• View Profile
Re: These Bloody Streets--A Decisive Battle! --IC--
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 12:09:57 am »
Michael, with Jerome in tow, quickly ascended the tower and entered through the large doors that led to his study. The room was as it had been before, with the book shelves surrounding the perimeter and the circular tiled area that held a seemingly infinite number of runes, and Michael gestured for Jerome to stand by the door while he walked over to the tiled area and started touching different runes with his feet. As soon as his foot touched a specific rune, it lit up like a live flame and flickered constantly while Michael moved around the circle, activated a number of different runes until he stepped into the middle of the circle.

“Jerome, I’m going to be sending the tower into my father’s realm. In the coming fight I will need all of my strength so I will need to lower the shield surrounding this place, and I don’t want to leave it so unprotected.” Michael said, sketching a new rune directly into the centre of the circle. “Humans cannot survive in his realm normally but as long as you stay within the tower, you will be alright.”

“Of course Master.” Jerome replied with a bow.

“My father has a prickly personality Jerome, but he will adhere to my wishes and he will protect this tower from the unsightly members of his realm. I will return once this business is concluded, watch the tower until then Jerome.”

“As my Master commands, I obey.” Jerome replied formally and moved to the centre of the circle as Michael gestured him to do.

“It will take a couple of minutes to completely transverse to his realm, during that time you are not to leave the Rune Tiles. If you do, you will die. I will see you on my return.”

“I wish you luck Master.” Jerome said and took up a seated meditative position in the centre of the tiled circle.

Michael’s mouth twitched with a smile but he only nodded before leaving Jerome in the circle. He exited his study and quickly descended the stairs, finding the three others stood by the door, ready to leave. Zane had chosen to remain dressed as he was and Ellie’s only difference in attire was that her ankle length cloak was now fur lined. Michael was glad to see that Sookie had managed to find herself some clothes to wear as well.

Ellie opened her mouth as he approached but Michael waved her into silence. Sookie seemed to by sulking with him so he ignored her as he strode through the door to the outside. “Quickly now, we have a small walk before we leave for the Prideux Estate.” He said and led the three of them down the gravel path.

A couple of minutes later he pulled them to a stop and turned around to face the tower before crouching down and touching a groove that had been dug into the ground somehow. As soon as his fingers touched it, the groove caught alight with a small flame which shot out in either direction and a couple of seconds later a small wall of flame circled the tower completely. Michael then summoned a small fireball in his hand and dropped it onto the wall. Immediately, the flame wall grew in size until a dome was completely covering the tower. The tower inside started to shimmer and became mostly transparent before disappearing completely.

“Now we go to the Estate.” Michael said and harried the three of them into a close huddle. “Don’t move now, I don’t usually take people along with me this way.” He said as he raised his hands and his body caught alight with a bright flame. The flame suddenly jumped across to Ellie, who was captivated by the magic, and consumed her before jumping to Zane and finally Sookie. The four of them suddenly merged into one single flame and shot into the sky.

When the flame landed, directly in front of the entrance to the Prideux Estate, it split into four again and formed into Michael and his group. Ellie clapped her hands in delight while Zane clamped a hand to his stomach.

“I vote I’m never doing that again.” He said queasily while Ellie laughed.

“I second that motion.” Sookie said, looking green in the face.

“That was brilliant, Master has never travelled with me that way before. I didn’t even know you could take other people Master.” Ellie said excitedly.

“Indeed. But now would be the time to get inside before we miss everything.” Michael said.

===================================================================

After Ryuzaki had given the various people their jobs in gathering allies to fight against Ezralda, he summoned his magical gateway and stepped through it into a staircase leading down into darkness. Some of that darkness was swept away by the light shining through his gateway but he quickly closed it and he was consumed by the darkness once again. However, it was not a problem for his enhanced vision, so he strode down the stairs without any trouble, he turned a corner and came to a heavy metal door set into the wall. It was locked with an electrical keypad and Ryuzaki quickly entered the code before pushing it open and stepping inside.

The room he entered was about the size of a tennis court and was completely enclosed on all four sides with concrete and metal. Ryuzaki closed the door behind him and hit a series of light switched on the wall by the door. Immediately, the room was lit up and it revealed itself to be some kind of armoury and storage room. One side of the room was taken up by suits of armour and weapons of all shapes and sizes, while one of the remaining corners was full of clothes on railings and folded into boxes, and the last corner held a writing desk with nothing on it.

He reached into his pocket and withdrew the piece of armour with the crystal cross in it and a golden pocket watch, and placed both the items on to the desk. Then he stripped of his trousers and threw them against the wall, leaving him completely naked. Ryuzaki then walked across to the clothing corner and selected a black pair of boxers to put on before quickly shuffling through some hangers until he pulled out a top and bottom combo that seemed to be made of tiny metal discs joined together but moved in his hand like silk. He slung these over his shoulder and reached into another pile to pull out a pair of black trousers which he also slung over his shoulder.

Then he moved across the room to the armoury side and selected a set or armour on a stand. He quickly dressed in the silvery disc top and bottom, that covered him from neck to ankle with the stuff, before sliding the black trousers over the bottoms and tightening them at the waist with a black leather belt.

The armour he had chosen was made out of some kind of black metal that refused to reflect any light and was carved to look like dragon scales. It consisted of a main chest piece style like a vest with a high neck, two forearm guards and a pair of fully armoured knee high boots. Ryuzaki started with the boots, slipping his feet into the me and tucking the ends of the trousers in before tightening the clasps so that they conformed to the shape of his legs. They had joints at the ankle that allowed him full articulate movement without hindrance.

Then he picked up the chest piece and slid it over his head until it rested on his shoulders, before tightening invisible clasps on the shoulders and sides until the armour fit snugly to his body. He quickly attached the two forearm guards, tightening clasps on the underside of his arms. He finished the fitting by doing a quick set of stretches to make sure he could still move fully without any trouble; which he could. So he walked back over to the writing desk and picked up the golden pocket watch, slipping it into his pocket and attaching the chain to the leather belt. Then he picked up the crystal cross and carefully extracted one of the four crystals that made the cross and inserted them into carved slots in his new armour.

Finally, he walked back over to the entrance and picked up a large leather sack that was resting against the wall. With that in hand, he exited through the door and shut it tight until he heard the heavy locks slide into place. Then he quickly ascended the stairs again until he came to the dead end at the top and activated the crystal cross in his chest. The familiar column of light appeared and rotated to reveal a blank, snowy hilltop. Ryuzaki stepped out into the snow and let the door rotate shut behind him. He bent down and quickly filled the sack before swinging it open and opening a doorway to the entrance of the Prideux Estate.

He hoped that everyone was gathered now; it was time to plan their attack on Ezralda’s palace.
You May Call Me...

Offline AnimeFreak

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 03:19:22 am »
Michael, Sookie, Ellie, and Zane all entered the large room in the Prideux estate. The room was filled with small chatter, but as they crossed the threshold it suddenly went silent. Matthew broke the tension and said, “Drink, my friends!” and offered them goblets filled with an archaic red wine. Sookie’s limp was almost gone, she grabbed the wine from Matthew and made her way over to an empty chair.

After sitting down, she said, “I want you all to remember one thing—“A wolfish smile crossed her face “—only me or Ryuzaki get the privilege of snapping her neck when the time comes.”

The casual atmosphere returned to the room after that and Michael, Zane, and Ellie all found seats next to each other. Sookie had taken a seat next to Misa, who smiled and said with her prominent Arabian accent, “My Sookie, it has been some time since I last saw you. You’ve grown.”

Sookie said back to her, “Well, you basically look the same Misa, seeing’s how you’re a vampire and all immortal and such.”

Misa changed the subject very quickly after Sookie’s retort, apparently she did not want to catch up, “You will be very surprised at who will be joining us, she’s getting closer I believe.” Misa was twirling a broken coin in her hand the whole time she talked to Sookie.

Sookie responded with, “I guess we’ll wait and see, huh?” She was collected on the outside, but in her mind she was going through hundreds of possiblties. Who else could it be? Damnit Misa, you always manage to piss me off somehow. Sookie’s question was answered as a small figure walked through the door. Sookie stood up in shock. “Tessa…it has…been a very long time.”

The upper half of Tessa’s body was wrapped in strange cloth of sorts, sort of like a shroud, while on the bottom half she wore black gauchos that cut off at her ankles. The shroud wrapped all the way up her torso and slightly onto her upper arm.  Around her waist was an extravagant belt with several different rare gems embroidered into it.  She had on brown sandles that made a clicking sound with every step across the hard stone floor of the war room.

Tessa’s skin was a pale white and her hair was a deep black, her eyes were two different colors, the left one was a bright blue and the right one was a blood red. Her hair was completely straight and fell in layers a few inches past her shoulders and then slightly more down her back. In the center of her forehead was a prominent, circular, scar.

Her voice came out in a soft, gentle, purr, “Sookie, I have missed you, dearly.” Her smile was warming.

Memories flooded Sookies mind; the last time she saw Tessa was years ago when her and Ryuk rescued her from the underground slave trade in Nirvana. It was under the command of a top official in The Order, they had needed her to go to a safe place to be trained. Apparently Tessa has some type of special magic. A Lost Magic.

“Shit,” Sookie said, “You look f***ing good. That eyes still as creepy as it was when you were younger, though.”

Tessa smiled and took her seat, “You are still as sarcastic as you were when you were twelve, Sookie.”

Before Tessa sat down Sookie gave her a hug, they weren’t that close but that had spent about two years together while they traveled to a safe location. They had become very good friends in that amount of time. The hug only lasted for a brief second until Sookie took her seat again.

The rest of the room carried on with their conversations, not surprised that another powerful ally showed up. A few went to talk to Sookie however most of them chose to wait for Ryuzaki to enter to fill them in on everything. Sookie sipped more wine and demanded a refill from Matthew.

Her mind was still preoccupied with Tessa though, after those two years together she didn’t show any signs of being special, or having any type of crazy magic. She was a Fallen Angel—a species whose origins are completely unknown and random. However the fallen ones are somehow—most likely magically—have their ages reversed to very young, and their wings are ripped from their body, then they are branded in the forehead; something that is supposed to seal their magic away. Tessa’s however did not for some reason and since then her life has been complicated with Angels hunting her down to kill her.
A lesson without pain is meaningless. That’s because you can not gain something without sacrificing something else in return. But, once you’ve over come the pain you will gain a heart that is stronger than anything else.

Offline Link

• Unlike the cake, this account is not a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 04:56:20 pm »
He had found it strange, being summoned the way he had been. He hadn't seen any of the people he had fought beside in years. He had parted ways with Kain shortly before he reunited with his master (the Vampire hunter who impeded his transformation process) to learn about his past.

Hiro had found himself as the weakest member of those who had fought in the Battle of Nirvana, and he had decided that it was time to finally kick ass.

Previously he had relied on the use of plasma weaponry, and though he still enjoyed blasting energy weapons and his enemies he had taken up training.

He hated it, having to rely on someone else . It's not the way he worked. He worked alone, but it was time for him to get over himself.

His master had taught him a lot. He learned that he isn't half-vampire half-human, but he is completely vampire and completely human. 100% both, which gives him access to unique powers.
Training his body and his mind hadn't removed any of his personality, and everyone still found him obnoxious and he still hunted bounties for a living, and it was actually how he found himself being summoned, and if it meant a fight, he couldn't resist.

-------------------------------

There was just a dull sound of conversation. The whole room was wrapped up in it. Hiro took a step into the room, taking a moment to stand in the doorway.

“Yonda?” He said.

He continued into the room, taking each step carefully. He glanced around the room for someone he recognized until  his eyes fell onto Sookie and Misa.

He pulled his sun glasses off and put them in the pocket of his duster coat and traced his way through the room and to the spot were Sookie was sitting.

He passed Misa on his way there. He made the same mistake as he had when he first met her. He patted her on the shoulder and said “Hey there, Slice-n-dice.” before making his way to Sookie.

“Hey Wolfy.” He said. “You're looking as canine as ever.” He grinned, revealing his fangs. “Where's the Old Man?” He asked, in reference to Ryuzaki.

One Week Ago:
Jack was in England (or what used to be England, before the Eternal Winter). There was a particularly powerful amulet which had been lost there, and it was Jack's job to find powerful things which others have misplaced. His swords were strung on his back and he trudged through the thigh high piles of snow. He took his time, as his coat had been torn to shreds by a rather persistent demon spawn.

Any normal human would have developed hypothermia and withered away a long time ago, having to travel across an destroyed country in a never ending snow storm, but Jack was far from a normal human at this point. He placed each footstep in front of the other as he trudged along.

It was at this point that Jack lost his footing.

He fell down a chute that led deep underground. He hit the ground and used the momentum to roll back on his feet. The room was dark and Jack was unsure of where he was.
The problem with secret caves is that they are a secret, thus not on any maps. He pulled out his dual swords Fo̱tiá and Págos. Fo̱tiá, a blade entwined with the power of fire glowed slightly and a small flame danced along the blade. Págos, a sword forged with the power of ice, glowed a brilliant blue color, and was surrounded by a cloud of steam due to the blade's naturally low temperature.

Jack slowly walked around the small concrete room and found a large breaker switch. He threw it into the up position. Florescent lights came on, and lit up the room. On one side was a desk with a single piece of paper on it, which was to old and yellowed to read, but on the other side of the room was a large metal door. Jack cautiously sheathed Págos and grabbed the door handle and swung it open.

He was greeted by a large monster that was similar to bipedal rat.

It swung at him. Jack easily side-stepped the attack and brought Fo̱tiá down onto the creature's arm. It fell off and the creature screamed. In one fluid motion, Jack unsheathed Págos and brought it down onto the creatures back.

Needless to say it died.

Jack stepped over the body and walked into the next room. This room was dark as well, but from the sound of his foot steps, it was huge. The only light in the entire place was a sliver cast in from the open door behind him. Jack felt the wall and found another large switch. Upon throwing this one, the lights flickered on one by one down the giant room. It was at least the size of two or three football fields and the ceiling was made up of two giant metal slates. Occupying 90% of the space in this room was a zeppelin.

“Holy...” Jack began. Then he smiled. He found his transportation.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 04:57:54 pm by Link »
"It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool"

Offline Yajuu_Kikuishi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 06:32:28 pm »
Ryuzaki was about to step through the doorway when he heard the sound of someone pushing in the snow behind him. He turned around to see a figure struggling through the knee deep snow and frowned. Ryuzaki knew there shouldn’t be anyone here, he had chosen this place specifically because he knew there wasn’t a chance someone might be there, so he shut his gate and waited for the person to get closer. It was a couple of minutes as the figure forced his way forward, his intent clearly the rise that Ryuzaki was currently stood on. Ryuzaki studied the man as he approached.

The man didn’t seem particularly tall, and his build was that of a skinny teenager. He was wearing a beanie cap pulled low on his head, a black t-shirt under a brown fur-lined jacket, black jeans held up by a brown belt with a golden buckle, and pointed black shoes on his feet. His hands were stuffed into his pocket and his head was held low against the falling snow.

It took a couple of minutes and finally the man was stood directly in front of Ryuzaki, standing only to his shoulder, and the Vampire saw that he had wavy dirty blonde hair hanging out of the back of his cap, and a set of interconnected Cog tattoo’s running up the right side of his neck. He also had a chain loop hanging down from the right side of his belt that had three cog shaped pendants hanging from it. His eyes were dull and grey and he looked up at Ryuzaki with a mixture of fear, awe, and the feeling of being impressed.

They both stood there for a minute, neither one speaking, before the man cleared his throat and stuck out his hand, revealing that his t-shirt was probably long sleeved as it poked out of the end of his jacket. “Nice to meet you, I’m Arafel.” He said, his voice confident and strong. Ryuzaki didn’t return the gesture and just raised an eyebrow. Arafel smiled and dropped his hand back into his pocket. “You probably have no idea who I am, but I know who you are Ryuzaki. I was told I could find you here.”

“Who told you that?” Ryuzaki asked, breaking his silence. He hadn’t completely ruled the man out as unthreatening but even his senses couldn’t pick anything up.

“I did.” Arafel said, keeping his smile. When Ryuzaki didn’t answer he continued. “But that’s not really important. No, what is important is that you’re going to attack the Queen of the Fae, Ezralda, and I need to be there.”

“Well, now that is interesting.” Ryuzaki said “I’d like you to explain how you know this. Seeing as only my closest allies are informed of my plans, and I don’t know who the hell you are.”

Arafel held his hands in the air unthreatening manner. “Nothing too exciting, like  I said before, I told myself.”

“Now you’re starting to annoy me…” Ryuzaki said, flexing his free hand.

“No, really. In the future I’ve built a machine that allows me to talk to the past and future versions of me.” He said and Ryuzaki let a growl escape his throat. “It’s confusing I know but even I don’t understand it yet. When I do, I’ll build it and be able to tell myself the things I’ve already told myself.” Arafel took a step back, his hands still raised. “What I’m trying to say is that I’m a Time Mage.”

Ryuzaki actually widened his eyes slightly in shock. “A Time Mage? I didn’t know there was anyone in the world that could still use that. There’s a reason it’s called a Lost Magic.”

Arafel dropped his hands and then spread them wide. “The last one stands before you.” He said with his smile still in place.

“Show me.” Ryuzaki said.

“As you wish.” Arafel said

He brought his hands together until it looked like he was holding an invisible football. Black, misty smoke started to leak from his hands and gathered in the centre of his hands before forming into a translucent cog. Arafel then pulled his hands apart and the cog grew in size until it was the size of the doorway Ryuzaki had removed earlier. The cog then split in half along its width and one half moved to pass over Ryuzaki, the other half passed over Arafel himself. The cogs then dissolved back into black mist before disappearing completely.

“Interesting, you’ve aged my body by about 5 years. But that’s not all, you’ve also reduced your own body by about 5 years as well I’d guess. An interesting correlation.” Ryuzaki said.

Arafel had shrunken in height by an inch or so and his body had lost some of its substance. “I’m glad you noticed. But then again, I doubt much escapes your attention.” He said before raising a hand and letting more of the black smoke mist escape and dissolve into the air. Immediately, Arafel gained back the years he had lost and although it was unnoticeable, so did  Ryuzaki.

“I’ll admit I’m surprised. But how do I know you aren’t one of Ezralda’s friends.” He said and suddenly flicked his free hand forward and snatched Arafel around the throat. He lifted him into the air and held him dangling with his feet touching the top of the snow. “Why should I not kill you now?”

Arafel choked around Ryuzaki’s hand but didn’t struggle. “Because…If you did, I wouldn’t have been able to contact myself from the future…” he managed to say.

Ryuzaki held him for a couple of seconds and then released him, allowing him to drop into the snow and massage his neck. “Interesting. I’ll take you with me for now, but any sign of anything untoward and I’m sure any of my friends will happily put you down.” He smiled, showing a hint of a fang, and Arafel bowed his head.

“I only wish to aide you against Ezralda.” He said.

Ryuzaki laughed out loud and then opened another doorway to the Prideux Estate. He stepped through and let Arafel follow before shutting his magic off. “Don’t cause any trouble now.” He said, before hefting the bag on his shoulder and moving forward to enter the building.
You May Call Me...

Offline AnimeFreak

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 05:13:08 am »
When Misa saw Hiro walk through the room she nearly hissed. Of course, of course he’s here… Her thoughts reflected the malice that was on her face, Hiro was one person that tended to get under her skin. As he made his usual comment to her, he’d given her the nickname “Slice ‘n Dice” some time ago, she responded with something of her own.

“If you become wounded, Hiro, I will not hesitate to leave you for dead.” While it may have sounded like a simple taunt, Misa was completely serious, “Perhaps I may even be the one to wound you.” She sent her demonic smile Hiro’s way and realized something. “You are much stronger now than you used to be, how useful, it seems you’ve finally come to terms with your other half--before you were so winey about it.”

Sookie snickered and cut Misa off before she tear Hiro down anymore, then she said to Hiro, “He’ll get here when he gets here; he’s a busy vampire nowadays.” She paused for a minute, thinking, then said, “We’ll probably have a few stragglers wonder in still and, knowing Ryuzaki, he’ll wait until the very last person has arrived to come in and get shit started.”

Hiro nodded his head and seemed completely okay with Misa’s agitation towards him. Sookie smiled and remembered why, when she was younger, she liked being around HIro—he just made everything so damn fun.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:30:17 am by AnimeFreak »
A lesson without pain is meaningless. That’s because you can not gain something without sacrificing something else in return. But, once you’ve over come the pain you will gain a heart that is stronger than anything else.

Offline Link

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 07:42:35 am »
Hiro's grin grew by the second as Misa berated him. Just like I remember her, Hiro thought. This is gonna be fun.

“He’ll get here when he gets here; he’s a busy vampire nowadays. We’ll probably have a few stragglers wonder in still and, knowing Ryuzaki, he’ll wait until the very last person has arrived to come in and get shit started.” Sookie said.

Hiro nodded. He grinned with half his mouth, “Sounds like him to me.” He said to Sookie, “I smell alcohol, and the only problem with that is that I don't have any.” He said, before beginning to wander the room. He found a table with an open bottle of what seemed to be a rather old wine.

His eyes lit up at the discovery. He found a glass, not originally intended for wine but instead for whiskey, and poured himself a liberal amount. He put the bottle back and let his senses invade the room. He felt every form of energy in the room, magic and demon and vampire and wolf.

This hodge podge group of supernatural creatures... Just right for breaking shit.

Speaking of “hodge podge,” Hiro felt one particular presence enter the room, the one he will soon learn, belongs to Reason Mercedes Radke. Her supernatural presence was off the chart. He felt an unusual amount of Spring Fairy, something Hiro had thought was completely gone. Whipped out by that asshole Jayden.

Hiro made his way to the doorway, completely oblivious to the powerful witch that entered behind Reason and sat at the back wall and observed. He found Reason.

“Hello there,” Hiro said, with a faux-gentlemanly manner, “My name is Hiro, but most people call me annoying. How can I help you, sweetheart?” He gave her a little fake salute

Is this guy for real? Reason thought. “No thanks halfa.” She said.

Hiro's demeanor shimmered slightly at the insult. “You're one to talk.” He retorted sarcastically, “What are you, like thirty-seven different things?

She smiled. “You catch on fast Hiro.” She said. “The name's Reason.”

“That's a funny name.” Hiro said “I'll call you Mix for now.” He said, feeling good about this new nickname.

Reason rolled her eyes and walked past Hiro, into the crowded room. She used to hate crowded rooms. She hated them two regenerations ago. She had died a few times since then, and her hair was now dirty blonde and pulled into a pony-tail and she wore a biker jacket and sleek blue pants.

Around her neck was a key. To anyone that didn't know it, it looked simply like a key, but it was a key forged with the Spring Stone which Reason had come into possession of years before hand.

----------------------

Tara Hunter moved into the war room, right behind a fairy creature that was a mix of what seemed to be an infinite number of creatures, some of which she didn't recognize. She saw a half vampire with a whiskey glass full of wine begin to interact with the mixed creature.

Tara slid past them and began to watch the rest of the room. She had been summoned to help end this damned winter, and she was all for it.

She glanced back at the half-vampire and his wine, and decided she could go for some vodka right now, but all she could smell was wine, so she conceded and grabbed the bottle of the table and continued to watch the room of, what she assumed, were to be her allies.

Taking occasional pulls on the bottle she watched, waiting for the one who had summoned her to appear, the vampire Ryuzaki. She wasn't surprised she had been called, she was a powerful witch. She goes by the name of Calamity, and was the granddaughter of the Arch-Witch Misery, and she was excited to have a hand in ending the Winter Fairy.

Offline Yajuu_Kikuishi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 08:47:43 pm »
As Ryuzaki passed through Eli’s Gateway, Arafel not far behind him, everyone in the room looked in his direction; his aura was unmistakable. However, before any of the eyes could settle on his figure, he flickered forward to appear standing in the centre of the round table; leaving everyone looking at Arafel. The Time Mage raised a hand and smiled with a polite greeting before Ryuzaki cleared his throat loudly and gathered everyone’s attention on himself.

“Now then, isn’t this exciting!? First of all, I’ll start off by saying for those of you who don’t know me…ah, who am I kidding? You all know me!” he smiled and there was an appreciative laugh from the crowd. “But more important than that is the reason I called you here. Some of you may have guessed, some of you would have deduced, some of you might have even been told. The reason I have gathered you here today…” he paused for dramatic effect and swung his gaze around the room. “I am going to kill the Queen of the Fae, Ezralda.” For those in his crowd who had not known his reasons, a suitable shocked expression was on their face.

“As you may, or may not, know, I have been content with letting Ezralda play around for a while now. She was an old ally who I thought I could let free of any leash. However, not long ago, she decided the declare war on the most powerful force on the planet…me.” Serious expressions were now on the faces of his audience. “It is well known that I do not take kindly to those who threaten me in any form. Ezralda went as far as to try and kill me; so, I need to respond to her wishes.”

“As of this moment, she believes me to be dead. A friend…” he gestured towards Matthew who nodded his head in response. “…suggested I keep it that way, and so I plan to. Ezralda will not know I survive until my fingers are closed firmly around her neck, squeezing the remains of her worthless life free of her body.”

“Now, you may be wondering why I need a group such as yourselves in order to kill her. The reason I need you is that I’m not only going to kill her, but I’m going to kill her after razing her palace to the ground; around her and her allies. Even I, with my great power, cannot do that while being attacked by Ezralda and her goons. So, I ask for your help in this matter, to rid the world of this power crazy bitch.” He paused and looked around; everyone was paying close attention now.

“I know all of you personally, whether that be as a close ally, or just in passing. Except him!” he pointed suddenly at Arafel and everyone turned to face him again. “But he’s not important, so eyes back on me now.” He grinned as Arafel blushed at the attention, but everyone was looking at Ryuzaki again. “I know of your power, and I know that you are the best group possible to aid me in my goal. As such, I have come up with a plan in order to complete it.”

Ryuzaki flipped the bag over his shoulder and dropped it to the table before upturning it and pouring out what seemed to be a pile of soil. He threw the bag aside and lightly jumped off the table, landing gently at the side. “Jensen.” He said and the aging wizard moved forward to place his hand on the table. When he did, the soil started to move, swirling in a vortex before building up in smaller mounds and filling the hole table. When it stopped moving, Jensen removing his hand, a replica of a palace now stood on the table; only made out of soil.

“This is Ezralda’s palace; where she rules the Eternal Winter and meets with her more powerful allies. This is what we are going to destroy.” Ryuzaki slowly walked around the table, people moving out of the way to allow him to do it until there was a clear circle all the way around to allow Ryuzaki free movement. “First rule of this assault; Ezralda is mine.” His eyes drew dark with anger for a second but he recovered quickly. “And by extension, also Sookie’s.” he nodded at the werewolf and for once she remained quite; intent upon her revenge in her mind.

“For this assault we will be splitting our forces down into five separate groups. Each group will be given a section of palace that they must destroy at all costs. Each group will also be tasked with killing any of Ezralda’s allies that try to stop them. I want no quarter given, no-one spared out of pity, and no-one to come back later.” Ryuzaki looked around with a stare, telling the crowd that he expected this to happen.

“Group One’s task is simple, they are going to sneak in, find Ezralda, and kill her. Naturally, that team will consist of Sookie and I alone. Group two, led by Matthew Prideux, will attack here…” he pointed to a section of the soil palace. “Group three, led by Michael Sanderford, will attack here…” he moved his long finger to a different section. “Group four, led by Elijah, will attack here…” his finger moved again. “Group five, led by Jensen Iskin, will attack here…” his finger settled for a moment on another section of the palace before he withdrew his hand completely.

“Elijah and I will create doorways to a separate starting location for each group; here, here, here, here, and here.” With each ‘here’ her pointed at a location in the area surrounding the palace. “No-one is to use any magic until they are forced to; do not use it too early as if it is sensed by our enemies, the element of surprise will be lost. Another thing, I mentioned earlier that I want Ezralda to think I am dead, so I want her to think that these is a revenge attack. This means, if you get chatty with an opponent you are facing, don’t reveal the fact I am alive, if you don’t mind.”

“I will split you down into your groups before we leave for the palace, ensuring that your powers are equally spread out. Remember the goal is simple; kill everyone, raze the palace to the ground, and then I’ll snap Ezralda’s puny neck…any questions?” he grinned, showing his fangs, and looked around the room at his guests.
You May Call Me...

Offline AnimeFreak

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 03:37:43 am »
Sookie was pleased to hear that Ryuzaki was intending on letting her assist in Ezralda’s death. She was still sad though, deep down she really like Ezralda—they’d fought alongside her for almost a decade before she went completely crazy.

She was about to speak about who was going to be in the other groups when Ariel said, “I think before we go through with this we must discuss something else,” She was standing in a back corner, not so much caring about Ryuzaki’s battle plan, “if we kill Ezralda who is to take her place?” The room got very silent, apparenatly it was a contingency that no one really planned for or was intending to. “That power has to pass on to someone else or—“Her thoughts went bleak and her voice traveled off for a moment—“I wonder what would happen, actually. I mean the Fae Realm is the reason why our seasons act as they do and they are divided as such—which is why we have no summer right now, because the summer faries have no monarch.”

Misa spoke from a position that was right next to the table, carefully studying the detailed map created by the Earth Mage, “How does the saying go?” All eyes in the room went her way as she spoke, “The Devil you know is better than the Devil you don’t? If Ezralda dies, I don’t quite give a shit about the climate of this planet; I mostly care about whether or not her replacement will be even more demented.”

Tessa walked forward and by the curious expressions in the room, she was someone that no one knew very well. “I’ve spent a lot of time in Fairy as of late, and I can say with certainty that Ezralda isn’t well liked.”

Sookie snorted and said, “Shit, I can only imagine what she’s doing to some of the old nobility. For those of you here that don’t know, she was exiled from that realm a very long time ago, she was a princess who didn’t behave, and mommy gave her the boot. She was let back in when Ryuk, myself, Halfy over there, Misa, Ryuzaki, and a few other odds and ends killed a powerful fairy of Summer.”

Sookie began telling the story of the battle, and Tessa spoke again, not wanting to hear a story she’s already heard twenty times from other people and also not wanting to lose time, which was of the essence, “Before I was interrupted I was going to say that I know exactly what she’s doing to some of the old nobility. They are all being slowly, brutally, tortured. Every day they are pushed to the brink of death and then at night Ezralda heals them just to torture them again—apparently she’s gotten very creative because rumor has it that she doesn’t repeat the same procedure twice.” Tessa watched most people in the room shiver at the thought of being consistently tortured, “Which actually is a good thing for us, because once Ezralda is dead the title and all its power will revert to its original owner, and if that owner is no longer living it will go to their heir—assuming we are able to kill all of Ezralda’s court, I’m sure she’s declared one of them an heir at this point.”

Ryuzaki then cut her off and said, “So then we will have to modify our plans slightly, kill everyone, get those people out so they don’t die, then raze the palace. Easy fix!”

Tessa tilted her head to her side and said, “Yes that should work, so long as we can get those people somewhere safe—perhaps this castle would suffice, I could feel the ancient and powerful wards as soon as I stepped onto its property—then we should haven other issues—“

Matthew cut her off, his voice was stern and almost angry, “That is not acceptable.” Tessa looked shocked and some others in the room looked mildly irritated at Matthew’s refusal to cooperate, Elizabeth seemed desperate for a moment, hoping that Matthew would explain the position or she would be forced too, “My family was granted this land and built this castle all the way back in the dark ages of Europe, we were a decisive and powerful force during the battle of Tours, Charles Martell saw that for our services we were given suitable money, land, and promised us that we’d be left alone from the church during their annoying and pestering witch hunts. My ancestors literally put their lives into this estate and spent countless years building up the wards, enchantments, and spells that defend it. I wish I could explain it further to you all, but unfortunately I do not know all of you so I cannot trust you with any more information than that. ”

No one in the room seemed to be satisfied by his explanation and he wasn’t intending to go any further. Some in the room seemed to make the connection, however anyone who didn’t think deeply enough wouldn’t get where Matthew was coming from. He wouldn’t be able to explain it any further, though, because to do so would be giving away a large secret about the power of the Prideux family.

Elizabeth gave Matthew an angry stare and said, “What he means is that we get a vast majority of our power from those elders who are long since dead, but their spirits still live within this place. Since they themselves would approve of Ryuzaki, they are aware he’s saved my life and Matthew’s several times and thus they allow him permission to access the vast majority of our home.”

Ryuzaki smiled at this and she continued, “However we were forced to only grant all of you access to just this one room, because some of you are vampires, demons, and God only knows what else. If their eternal spirits caught you wondering around our home then they’d force us to kill you or they’d set off the wards and kill you themselves—despite if you were invited or whatever your intentions were. There was a time when different species didn’t cohort or interact beyond killing one another, and unfortunately the people who aid us the most in protecting this place are from that time, and simply would not understand or allow it.” Matthew gave Elizabeth a very long, angry, and cold stare. He was not at all happy with the fact that she disclosed that information, however he was apparently fine with letting it slide, or else he would have physically caused her to stop talking. She cursed at him and said, “Well someone needed to f***ing explain that, it sounded so damn rude!”

Matthew spoke calmly and said, “It is as she said, I however would have left out the part about being killed if you wandered around our home. But I can say this, they are not all happy to see this many creatures of the night on our land and in our home, I guess you could say things are rather tense at the moment.”

Ariel nodded her head and said, “Then we will just establish a new safe house for them, it shouldn’t be an issue. Does anyone else here have a suggestion on anywhere we could leave them unguarded for a long length of time and where they could also go unmolested? We have to be absolutely sure that they’ll be completely safe. ” Ariel changed the subject and said, “While you all think about that, I would also like to point out that we, under no circumstance, can fail. Gathered here now are probably 80% of the most powerful things currently alive in this realm. If we fail we will all be killed, most likely, and then there really will be no one left who can hold a candle to Ezralda and her fairies.”

Offline Yajuu_Kikuishi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 03:29:15 am »
“Fail, Ariel?” Ryuzaki said “You do like your little jokes.” The menace of his words was as clear as day. “Rest assured, if everyone in this room was to die in the assault; Ezralda’s head would still roll off her shoulders.” He looked around the room and nodded, ensuring the gathered forces understood that he would stop at nothing until the Winter Fae were wiped from the planet.

“As for where we can stash the nobility after we rescue them; if this place is unavailable, what about yours Michael?” he looked across to the fire mage, who was looking uninterested in a comfy chair.

“I’m afraid that won’t be possible.” He said firmly and Ryuzaki nodded.

“I thought as much, but I also thought I’d better ask. Unfortunately, I myself don’t have anywhere to put them.” He frowned and scratched his chin, trying to think of a place where the nobles could be safe.

“I own a mansion, one that is completely safe from attack or assault.” Arafel said from where he was stood by the door. Everyone turned to look at him and his cheeks began to burn again. “If you’re looking for a big enough place that is safe enough, I can offer it for your use.”

“Who the f*** are you anyway?” Jin said from where he was leaning on the wall. “Even Ryuzaki said he didn’t know you and that bastard’s been around forever; or as near as. Do you f***ing expect us to trust your scrawny ass just for the f***ing hell of it?”

Arafel looked shocked at the string of insults but didn’t retreat. “My name is Arafel, and all I’m doing is just throwing it out there, it’s down to Mr Ryuzaki if he wants to take it.”

“How is it safe from attack or assault?” Zane said, his arms crossed in front of his chest.

“It’s a bit complicated, but to put it in its most basic form; it is held outside of Time.” Arafel replied with a shrug.

“That’s why…” Michael said from his chair, and eyes swivelled to him. He stood up and slowly walked across to Arafel until he was stood directly in front of him. “That’s why I cannot sense anything from you. You use one of the Lost Magics; you’re a Time Mage.”

Looks of disbelief were shared around the room and Arafel smiled politely. “Got me in one Mr Salamander. Although I should say it wasn’t me who moved the Mansion out of Time; that was my Master. I’m nowhere near powerful enough to do something of that magnitude.”

“Interesting…” Michael mused and then wandered back over to his chair.

Ryuzaki had been watching the conversation with amusement, a sly smile on his lips and he cleared his throat to get everyone’s attention again. “Well, if there are no objections…” he started and Jin opened his mouth but Ryuzaki stopped him with a raised hand. “Other than those related to trustworthiness, the mansion out of time sounds like a good place to put these nobility figures.” Some of the looks still said they had objections but no one said anything. “Good. The assault will commence tomorrow at midday whether you are ready or not, so prepare yourselves. The teams, by the way, are as follows…”

“Team Two, led by Matthew, will consist of Tessa, Zane, Ellie, and Calamity.” He nodded to each person as he said their names and got a nod in return. “Team Three, led by Michael, will consist of Arafel, Misa, and Reason.” Again, he nodded to each person. “Team Four, led by Elijah, will consist of Elizabeth, Jinkama, and Ariel.” More nods. “Finally Team Five, led by Jensen, will consist of Cern, Hiro, and Jin. Gather in your teams, get to know each other and then your time is your own; just don’t forget about Matthew’s Elizabeth’s warnings about wandering into places you’re not allowed.”

He laughed to himself and then turned to exit. “On that happy not, Sookie and Elijah, if you can come with me, we have things to discuss.”
You May Call Me...

Offline AnimeFreak

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2013, 04:53:35 am »
After Ryuzaki was done Matthew said, “Yes please do heed my warnings.” He smiled and continued, “There is three of you who I’m one hundred percent positive I couldn’t kill—Michael, Ryuzaki, and Jensen—the rest of you wouldn’t really stand a—“

“Matt! They are our guests not our enemies! Threatning them is barbaric!” Elizabeth’s voice was filled with anger at the rudeness of her cousin. “Please forgive him, he takes his job as guardian very seriously.”

She squinted at Matthew and he started talking again. “Now I do hope you guys brought tents, you can set them up out front and—“

Elizabeth shook her head and said, “You will each be sleeping in your own personal guest bedrooms which will all be located on this floor.” Her glare at Matthew was intense and he stared back with a look of feigned ignorance on his face, “Simply pick one and no one should bother you. In about four hours, I—not Matthew—will send around one of our family members to bring you dinner and drinks.” She smiled and then turned to Elijah, “Please, Eli, could you please dispel that gate?”

“But what of the ward and spirits and what not?” Eli said, curious as to how Elizabeth planned on getting around that, “When I was a young child I wondered into the wrong part of this castle and got about four thousand volts of electricity shoved up my ass, and I was under the protection of the family.  I’m pretty sure if they were to catch vampires, fallen angels, demons, and other mages wandering around, they wouldn’t be happy.”

“I took the liberty of negating every ward on this floor and countering every enchantment with enchantments of my own.” Her voice was firm and confident, as if she knew she did the right thing, “This way we always have a place to put guests of a different variety.”

Matthew was so shocked he couldn’t speak and Elijah could feel the tension in the room. He quickly followed Ryuzaki as he dispelled the gateway he created. As they left Sookie whistled and punched Elizabeth in the shoulder, “Lizzie, you are braver than I am. Ha!” She laughed for a moment as her, Ryuzaki, and Elijah exited the room, “I don’t even think I have the balls to f*** with Matthew like that.”

Matthew then said, “Not many do.” He turned to Elizabeth and said, “Seeings how you couldn’t have done that overnight I assume it’s something that you’ve planned for a while, it’s no secret you disagree with the policy of our elders.” Elizabeth started to speak but Matthew cut her off, “I can’t say in this instance I disagree with you. However, “He turned to the guests in the room and said, “Many of you the spirits in this house would approve of. I can tell the lot of you have exceptional character and I admire that, so they’d probably let you wonder beyond this floor unmolested, especially since you’re all invited guests, however don’t chance it and don’t leave the floor; otherwise you will answer to my electric fist pounded a whole in your chest.”

Matthew laughed to show he was kidding then said, “Tessa, Zane, Ellie, Calamity,” His voice changed to show the dominance required of a leader, this was clearly not his first time being in charge of a powerful group of beings, “follow me. We will be venturing to Zane and Ellie’s private room in our estate to get to know each other—coincidentally it is on this floor.” Ellie and Zane looked at him with confused looks, wondering how he could remember where every room everybody had in the entire estate was, “What? Don’t look at me like that; it’s part of the job as Guardian! Now, please lead the way love birds, hopefully you still remember. ” He gestured to Zane and Ellie who walked in front of him.

Just as he was leaving he called out, “Oh, Michael, Jensen, you two obviously have your own rooms still, seeing’s how we’ve come here to recover after battle several thousand times, so feel free to journey to those. I’m pretty sure the spirits here prefer your presence to mine so you obviously won’t be bothered.”

Tessa was right behind Matthew, Ellie, and Zane as they exited the room. She was quite happy with her group. She closed her eyes for a few seconds then opened them again, she now saw the ancient magic within the castle through the magical spectrum. Each piece of stone contained some different form of magic hidden within it, untold power that could be drawn to defend this place from attack. My god. Her eyes were overwhelmed at what she saw, This place is frighteningly powerful.

----------------------------------
Cern had been sitting next to Jensen, a man he previously knew, and said, “Jensen I think you’ve got your own room here if I’m not mistaken, you earned it after that business in Chicago and when we came here to recover. I live here so I have my own.” He shrugged his shoulders, “We can use yours for a meeting?” He turned around and said loudly, “Jin, Hiro, let’s get outta’ this place and meet somewhere. We should probably discuss how each of us fights and what type of powers we each possess.” He didn’t personally know either of the two, and he didn’t pay attention to any introductions, he didn’t much care either. “You guys can pick the room on this floor we meet in, we can take you with us to our room as they are somewhere else in the castle.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Misa walked over to Michael and spoke, “I have fought alongside you before, Firemage, against Erevis.” She spoke properly, her heavy accent making her words sound sluggish, “and I am pleased to be led by someone as powerful as yourself.” She looked around at Arafel and Reason, “Shall we leave and go find a room?” 

-----------------------
Elizabeth said to Jinkama and Ariel, “Well fortunately for us we are team who all have our own rooms so we can meet wherever we want! Come, we can meet in the study! The study is wonderful!”

Ariel looked rather excited for once, “I would love to see the library of somewhere this old…”

Jinkama didn’t seem to be excited about the study, but he did seem ready for the battle. He followed Elizabeth as they walked out of the war room and towards the study.

On every floor there are secret gates laid out that, if you know them well enough, can take you anywhere in a matter of minutes. Most hallways were lit by candles that burned eternally so the whole Prideux estate carried with it an essence of creepy. As they walked through the dimly lit hallways and into several gates they suddenly entered a large, dark room. Elizabeth snapped her fingers and bright candles shimmered to life.

Every corner of the room became lit up in an impossibly bright candle light. The room they were was covered in floor to ceiling book shelves—the ceilings were twelve feet high. Laid out in the room were more bookshelves that created a massive maze of sorts. There was a dull, plush, maroon carpet that they walked across as they made their way to an area of the room were there was a large couch. Unlike everything else in the room the couch was oddly modern. It was a large, gray sectional. There was a matching recliner chair next to it.

Jinkama took a seat in the recliner and leaned back while Ariel went about exploring all the book cases. Elizabeth said from her comfortable position, “I’m sure that Elijah will know where to find us when he needs too.” Then she turned to Jinkama and spoke loudly enough to where Ariel could still hear her, she wasn’t that far away and Elizabeth’s voice nearly echoed, “It’s been quite a while, hasn’t it, since you practically saved my life in Chicago. Have your powers developed since then?”

-----------------------------

Offline Yajuu_Kikuishi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2013, 11:51:56 am »
Jinkama linked his hands behind his head and smiled at Elizabeth’s question. “Practically saved your life? I’m pretty sure that without me turning up, those dude people would have killed you off sharpish!” He laughed and Elizabeth smiled. “But seriously, I’ve been training my ass off since that day; that armoured boozer was a hard hitter but he ran away before anything actually got interesting; I hardly got to show off at all, and everyone knows that showing off is half the battle!” He grinned and leant back even more, throwing his feet into the air and wiggling them around.

“But being the only Aura mage I know about, it’s been quite a tough-y trying to figure out how to upgrade. Nothing I can’t handle, you understand. But there is something I must say; I’m not into studies, studying or anything to do with the word ‘study’, but this here is really quite spectacular.” He waved his hands about at the massive walls of books. “Even I’m impressed, and between you and me, I hate books. But enough about me, it’s a given I’m better than I was; what’s more importance is what I’ve been hearing on the grape vine about you, about becoming a proper Prideux Mage. Anything interesting to say about that?” he swivelled in the chair until he was lying sideways across it, facing Elizabeth, with his head resting on his hand.

Michael nodded at Misa as he stood up. “The name’s Michael, so feel free to call me that, and I remember you Misa. You were pretty handy back then, as I’m no doubt you will be this time around.” He smiled at her and turned to the two others, Arafel and Reason. “You two, I’ve not met before. Reason, was it? From what I can tell you seem to be quite the impressive mix of races and beings; the sheer amount is something I haven’t come across before, and it is quite extravagant.” He turned his gaze and Arafel and frowned slightly. “You, I am most interested in, I have not met a Time Mage before and have not even come across the magic before. But, we will continue this conversation in my quarters; follow me.”

He took the three members of his team and exited out of the War Room, leading them through a complicated set of corridors and junctions until they came to a larger-than-normal wooden door with a salamander carved into the door. He placed his hand on the wooden animal and it lit up with faux flames before swinging out to allow him access. Michael stepped into the room and ushered the others in before it closed behind him.

The room they had entered was fairly large, equivalent to a sitting room perhaps, and was furnished with plush red carpets. There were no chairs or sofa’s, instead there seemed to be beanie bags of varying sizes scattered around the room. Pictures on the walls showed famous fire mages, and one particularly large picture above the fire place seemed to show some kind of flaming entity of vaguely human shape. The fireplace itself was carved from marble, and the floor had been carved with varying symbols relating to fire magic.

“Grab a bag and get comfy; I’d like to hear more about you guys before going off to fight.” Michael said before following his own advice and grabbing a largish beanie bag and flopping back into it, allowing his jacket to disperse into flames and disappear. “Come on now, I won’t bite.” He said and gestured at the others to grab a seat.

Jensen grabbed Cern’s hand in firm handshake and smiled. “Cern, my old friend, I haven’t seen you in a while; you say you’ve been hiding out here? Ah, never mind, it’s good to see you again.” He released Cern’s hand and let his own brush the soil palace on the table, converting the loose soil into hard stone so that he could release his power on the dirt. “Right then you two, Hiro and Jin I presume?” he said as the two of them walked across to him. “Nice to meet you, I’m Jensen, I’m the handsome one, and this here is Cern, he’s the grumpy one.”

“You look pretty old for ‘handsome’, old man.” Jin said with a sneer.

“Old is handsome, thank you very much.” Jensen said with a grin of his own. “Nothing like a bit of age to flesh out the important things. But, alas, let’s continue this conversation elsewhere. I say we go ahead to my room, so follow on friends.” Jensen turned on his heel and strode quickly to the door, glancing behind him to see the three of them following on.

He led them down the corridor and a curving set of stairs before stopping at a dull looking door directly at the base of the stairs. A key formed in his hand out of something hidden up his sleeve and he unlocked the door to push it inwards. The room beyond was nothing to rave and shout about, it consisted of a smallish anteroom that led into another room further on. The anteroom had a three seat sofa on one side and a large cushy armchair on the other. A lit fireplace stood in the middle of this and flickered light onto the blue carpet.

“The chair’s mine, I’m afraid, so it looks like you guys have got the sofa; or you can perch on the floor, it’s certainly soft enough!” he laughed and dropped himself onto the arm chair, fiddling with his cloak to get comfortable.

Ellie lodged herself onto Zane’s arm and pulled him out of the room, the others only just behind them. “Why are you pulling me along? I know where I’m going!” Zane said but he made no effort to pull himself free of Ellie’s grip.

“Hardly Zane, I’ve been here twice as much as you have, so naturally I’m the one who should lead the way.” Ellie replied, not even looking at Zane.

“Twice as much as me? So this is where you run off to when I can’t find hide or hair of you. I’ll remember that next time you decide to go gallivanting off without me.” He smiled as they arrived at a door at the furthest end of the corridor and Ellie unlocked it with a key around her neck. She pushed it open and pulled Zane aside to allow the others access to the room first.

“Make yourself comfortable, just please don’t go any further than the anteroom.” Ellie said with a smile as the others entered Zane and her room.

The room was larger than most ground floor houses, and was furnished with stylised furniture. A low central table of glass sat upon a plush beige carpet, with two three seat sofa’s running both sides and a two seat one at the far end. A large fire was roaring in a man sized fireplace it seemed some cakes had been left on the table.

“How is it there are always cakes in here?” Zane asked as he closed the door behind him.

“Making friends with the cook is the first rule of large households Zane; you should know that by now!” Ellie said with a laugh and the two of them quickly walked up the room and took a seat on the two seat sofa at the far end as the others took seats on the three seat ones.   
You May Call Me...

Offline Link

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2013, 02:03:54 pm »
Reason plopped down into one of the bean bag chairs. Michael asked them to share about their powers. He had noted Reason's rather wide range of heritages.

“Yeah,” Reason said. “As you said, I am quite a few things. I am part Spring Fairy, Vampire, Demon, Angel, Human and Time Lord. I am also one of the stone holders. I am in possession of one of the Fairy Stones... The Stone of Spring.” Reason put her hands into her pockets.

She began to observe  the other members of her group. Misa, who was prominently a vampire but Reason felt a dark energy inside of her. Michael, who held the air of a leader, Reason managed to tell he was a Fire Mage, from all the subtle hints scattered around the room. Then there was Arafel. Michael had referred to him as a Time Mage. That was interesting. Reason's mother had told her that she was part Time Lord... there might be a relation between her ancestry and this lost magic, though it seemed like a stretch.

“I don't know much about you though,” Reason said, looking at Michael. “I think it appropriate if you were to tell us about you, seeing as you're leading us.”

Hiro sat down on the floor, allowing the cranky giant man Jin to take as much of the couch he needed.

“You want to talk about battle strategy, eh?” Hiro said. “I'm a vampire. Well, sort of. But that's not important. I consider myself a physical fighter. And I don't do subtle.”

Hiro grinned, and put his hands behind his head, he looked at Cern. “What the hell do you do?” Hiro asked. He couldn't read him. He sensed something old and powerful about old man.

Calamity walked into the room behind Zane and Ellie. She took a seat on one of the triple-length couches running the side of the room.

She took another swig from the bottle of wine.

She looked around and watched as the rest of the people assigned to her team entered the room. There was such a range of powers in this house, not even including the house itself. It was
a little bit of a surprise to her.

She looked at Matthew.

“So,” Calamity said. “Who are you?”

Offline AnimeFreak

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2013, 08:36:35 pm »
Elizabeth smiled and said to Jinkama, “Well it basically just says that I’ve developed my own niche with the Prideux magic. And that I can access the vast reservoir of power left behind by our ancestors. I’ve earned my amulet.” She held up the silver necklace she was wearing, “This little trinket I’ve been working on for a long, long, time. It’s tradition and mandatory within our family to enchant objects and keep them on your person, however they don’t give them to you until you’ve proven yourself—and I finally got mine.”

Her eyes were filled with pride as she spoke, she was so wrapped in her own story that she didn’t even notice Ariel sitting down next to her. “Jinkama, it’s pleasure to meet you, my name is Ariel, as you already know.” Her grey eyes were dull as she spoke. They scanned over Jinkama’s comfortable and powerful body. “I use an old magic.” Ariel suddenly closed her eyes and began speaking in a strange language. The syllables coming out of her mouth sounded almost unnatural.  Suddenly a book flew from the shelf and and appeared to fly to Jinkama. It was flapping it’s covers as if it were a bird and then, oddly enough, it slowly changed form to become a stone raven that still flew as it were a real raven. As it neared Jinkama it disintegrated into dust. “I prefer to show you my power than to actually describe it—much easier.”

--------------------------------------------

Misa spoke before Michael could. She said, “Fascinating, I’ve never meant something quite so interesting in my entire life. We have a lot in common, Reason. Like you I am a single being that is composed from two different things.” Misa stopped speaking for a moment and walked over to a bean bag chair. She took off her long black cloak, too her sword from her hip, and laid them both on the ground next to her chair. She sat cross-legged in the chair and continued. “I am a vampire, as you all can tell, however when I was a very young vampire, I was possessed by a powerful demon—it gives me a whole host of extra power, strength, and speed, however it comes with a price. I have to feed about six times as much as a regular vampire does, and on top of that it’s hard to always keep my inner demon from taking complete control of my body.” She smiled and then said, “At least it was, when I was younger.”

She grabbed her sword and with precision and grace unsheathed it. The razor sharp blade whistled through the air. “I do not fight the way you three probably do; as such I feel that makes me a powerful asset to this team. If I were to cut you Michael,” Misa held her sword out straight, holding the firemage in her field or vision, “Or you Reason,” She did the same to Reason, “either one of you would come at me with your all in an attempt to kill me, not wasting any time and showing off your power—striking me down with ease.” She sheathed her sword and then continued, “However, if one of you came at me, I wouldn’t fight you in open combat, where you clearly have the advantage,” a malicious smile curved across her face as she spoke her next line, “I would simply wait til you’re sleeping, or you’re alone in a dark alley unaware of the silent stalker behind you. That’s how I fight, and that’s how I win. My powers make me very formidable in open combat, don’t get me wrong, but I’ve made a name for myself as an assassin, not a warrior.” She put her sword back down at her side, pleased with how what she said went, “What I’m trying to say is that while you three gather their attention, I can come up behind them and deliver shattering blows from a foe they didn’t know they were up against.”

--------------------------

Cern had a broad smile about his young face. He hadn’t yet taken a seat and he didn’t bother to, “I am a weaponsmage.” He said as he extended both his hands, palms outwards. Suddenly with an explosion of energy in them two different weapons appeared—in his left was a small battleaxe and in his right was a curved dagger. With an exertion of energy, they vanished and in their place stood a large warhammer that Cern held with both his hands. Cern let go of the hammer and it vanished like the last swords. “Any weapons I have previously touched I can replicate with exact precision, straight down to the alloy of metal that was used.”

Cern walked over to a small table and sitting on it was a small, round snowglobe. He held it in the palm of his hand and closed his eyes, “I also use a lost magic”—All the muscles in his arm suddenly tensed and the energy in the room enhanced greatly. His body was surrounded with white energy that swirled up from his feet, caused his hair to flap around, and then it coalesced around the snowglobe in his hand. With a powerful woof of energy, the snowglobe vanished, no trace of it left behind, “the magic known as destruction.

-------------------

Matthew was almost shocked for a moment, not many people, especially witches, don’t recognize him, “My name is Matthew Prideux, Guardian of this House.” He was standing with his arms folded, and he checked the old silver pocket watch that was dangling from his pocket, then he continued, “I use lightning in nearly all my attacks and I’m strictly physical with them. The lightning augments my speed, and I use that to my advantage. To put it bluntly, I charge at you at a speed you can’t track and punch a whole through your chest with a fist that so hot it instantly cauterizes the wound.”

He paused for a moment before saying, “Just ask Ellie or Zane, I actually did that once!” He laughed then and flopped onto the couch next to Calamity.

Offline Yajuu_Kikuishi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2013, 10:55:45 am »
“I think I remember that.” Zane said as he slouched back in his chair, watching Matthew sit by Calamity. “Although I will say I’m surprised a Witch doesn’t know who Matthew is, it’s not exactly like he’s a shy person or anything.” He laughed. “But I suppose I better explain my abilities. The first one is simple, I’ve had bionic enhancements built into my body; it allows me to achieve greater strength, speed, agility and the like. It’s useful and all but it was really only a side note to the other technology that resides in my body.” He raised his hands up and let his sleeves fall back to reveal the red diamonds embedded on the bottom of his wrists.

“These babies are part of an adaptive technology called VoltTech. It doesn’t affect my body physically but what it does allow is for me to store an object in a vault that exists in a separate dimension. Each diamond accounts for one object.” He twitched his right hand and his black bladed sword appeared near-instantly in his waiting hand. If one could see high speed objects, they would have noticed it seemed to form out of pixel-like blocks. “The VoltTech is directly linked into my nerves and forms a path to my brain to allow instant summoning of the object. No fancy movement, nothing to warn an opponent of what I might be doing. So, four diamonds, four different objects; or in my case, weapons.”

Zane let his sword disappear just as fast and dropped his hand to his chest to pull his shirt open to reveal a bit of the larger diamond embedded in his chest. “This one’s special, but I’m afraid that’s all I can tell you about it.” He said before hiding it behind his shirt again. “I’m an assault type, so I don’t do the sneaky.” He said and glanced at Ellie. “Well, that’s me done, your turn.”

Ellie smiled at him and then turned back to Matthew and Calamity. “My abilities are not quite as complicated as Zane’s. To put it simply, I’m a witch; a jack of all trades, but a master of one if you will. I generally work with invisible forces, whether in defence or offense, but I can work with pretty much anything. The only things I have difficulty with is elemental magic with one exception. I’m quite adept as a Fire Mage, having apprenticed under Michael Sanderford for a number of years now, and so I can weave and control fire at a fairly high level.”

She crossed her legs and perched forward slightly, putting her attention to Calamity. “So then, what about you? I can tell you are some kind of Witch based on the magical energies surrounding you, but I can’t say I’ve seen you before.”

“That means, by the way, that that snow globe no longer exists.” Jensen said as Cern demonstrated his ability with Destruction Magic. “Usually, when we say we destroy an object, we really mean that we’ve converted it into a different state of matter. For example, even though I could crush a stone into the tiniest of particles, that stone still exists through the particles. According to the laws of physics, that’s how the world works. Of course, we can’t really say that the laws of physics were written with our kind in mind; but, it does apply. Now, Cern’s Destruction Magic, completely ignores this rule, it removes rather than converts. Trust me, that’s as simple an explanation as you’re ever going to get.” He smiled and laughed before turning to Jin.

“So then, we’ve got a mostly Vampire, a Destructor;  what is it that you can do. From what I hear, you have Giant blood running through your veins.” He said, resting his head on his raised hand.

Jin rolled his eyes and crossed his ankles. “I don’t just have Giant blood, old man, I am an actual f***ing Giant; full blood and f***ing everything. Before you ask, I’ve got a genetic abnormality that somehow means I haven’t got the size of a Giant. However, I do still have everything else a Giant has, it’s just packed into a smaller container; which is useful. Other than that, this arm is a fake; it’s a mechanical one created by O.S.S.U.M before they were decimated and disbanded.” He tapped his left arm. “Also, I have one of the Fairy Stones in my possession.”

“Oh, really now…” Jensen said with interest.

“I suppose you’ll want to f***ing see it.” Jin said before reaching down with his mechanical arm and pulling up his black vest to reveal an orange crystalline stone about the size of two golf balls. It was embedded just under his ribs on his right side and a series of vein-like protrusions ran into his body and pulsed with the amber energy. “A useful thing this. You won’t have to worry about the f***ing bitch-whore and her f*** heads controlling it; that’s not how the stones work. They’ve tried before. As for what the stone does? That’s none of your f*** damn business.” Jin put on a fake smile and then returned to scowling.

“You…are not a happy person, did you know that?” Jensen said but laughed loudly as Jin began to answer. “Nothing to worry about though. I suppose I better explain that I’m an Earth Mage. I use an ancient form of Earth Magic  called ‘Earthern Break’. Other than that, we all know each other’s abilities now and I can already tell we’re going to be good friends. Even you, Jin.” Jensen said, earning him a scowl from the Giant.

“Well, I don’t know about the others but putting ‘fighting’ near my name is probably something of an overstatement.” Arafel put in as Misa explained her fighting habits. “Not to say I can’t handle myself in a fight, just that I’m probably the same as you Miss Misa, sneaking is way more up my alley.” He smiled his shy smile again and adjusted himself in the bean bag he had chosen.

“As Mr Sanderford said, I am a Time Mage; meaning I can access and manipulate time somewhat.” He raised his hand and something like black smoke escaped from it and formed into a translucent cog shape above his outstretched finger. “I don’t have to form it into shapes, but it takes a lot less magic to perform. It means I can lock a time effect into the cog and then release it when I’m ready.” He raised his other hand and touched his finger to the smoky cog, before pulling it away and creating a second one from the first. “In order to maximise my magical output, I tend to create two opposite affects and use them both. For example, one of these adds age to an object or person, the other removes age. If I do it like this, I can last far longer than if I just created an effect and used it.”

He folded his fingers away and the cogs dissolved into the air. “It’s a complicated magic that is as hard to explain as it is to use, so I’m afraid I’ll have to leave it at that for now.”

“Fascinating.” Michael said quietly. “But anyway, to answer your question Reason; I am a fire mage. I am known throughout the magical world as the True Salamander for my rather impressive skills in the area of fire magic. As a side note, there are two reasons why my natural affinity to fire is so advanced; the first reason is that my father was a fire elemental, so I have fire running through my veins quite literally. The second reason is that my heart is not one of flesh and blood, it is a magically altered Pyphorus stone that acts as my heart. That’s all there is too it, nothing more, nothing less."

Jinkama nodded with the impressiveness of Elizabeth’s ranking as a Prideux Mage. He knew it was quite an accomplishment in the family to acquire their amulet. “Well, colour me impressed, dear Liz. I dare say you could give your cousin a run for his money.” He said with a wink just as Ariel introduced herself and demonstrated her ability.

Jinkama reached out his hand just as the stone raven dissolved and let the rocky dust float around his hand. “Well, this is a surprise, colour me impressed all over again. Not only that, lovely Ariel, but you’ve also managed to show off quite successfully and as I was explaining to Liz; showing off is half the battle.” He laughed and rolled over onto his back. “If only my magic was as showy out of battle. Unfortunately you’ll have to wait and see to look upon the majestic Aura Magic I use.” He smiled, and for an instant a golden hue covered his entire body from head to toe, before disappearing without a trace.

“So what about little Elijah, I take it those Gates were all his doing?” he asked Elizabeth, looking up at the roof.

Ryuzaki led Elijah and Sookie away from the War Room until they came across a kind of waiting area furnished with chairs and sofas. Stone pillars hid the area from obvious view and Ryuzaki led the pair into it before turning the face them. “Nothing too exciting, I just wanted to let the teams get to know each other.” He said with a grin. “All I wanted from you Elijah is to know whether you can gate Sookie and I into any area of the palace. Although I have been to the palace, I have not been into any of the areas I’d prefer to be dropped off in, so I cannot use my Crystal Cross.”

“You see, while the teams cause havoc with Ezralda’s forces, Sookie and I are going to go covert until we find Ezralda herself. As I said in the meeting, I don’t want her to know I am alive until it is too late to prepare. I’ll admit I don’t know much about Gate Mage magic, so is it possible? Can you Gate to anywhere in the palace?” 
You May Call Me...

Offline AnimeFreak

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2013, 12:34:03 am »
Cern was overwhelmed with joy. “So, basically, we’re probably the most destructive team there is? I mean, a giant, an earth mage, a vampire, and then a mage who specializes in destroying things…we’re going to be making a lot of noise when we start fighting!” He looked around the room and smiled—he was very happy about his team.

-----------------------

Elizabeth smiled as she started talking about Elijah, “He’s advanced significantly.” Ariel turned her head now, very interested in the conversation, she’d never personally fought with Elijah before, “His gates are flawless and he can make them with ease, and he’s develop his own way of enhancing the magical energy about him—much like his father did.” Elizabeth thought for a moment what else to add before saying, “Really though it’s more of a wait and see type of thing with him, it’d be difficult to explain all of what he can do—especially considering that a lot of it I don’t even know yet!”

Ariel smiled and said, “I knew Jace, he was a powerful warrior and brilliant gatemage. If Elijah is half the man he was, then we’ve got ourselves nothing to worry about.”

Elizabeth smiled, “No, we’ve got nothing to worry about at all in that case.”

--------------------

Elijah responded to Ryuzaki, “From what I know about your amulet is that it’s a good attempt to simulate Gate magic, however nothing really can. Like you said the drawback is that you have to be there, all I really have to do is think of a place and my gate can be there. All I have to have is a rough idea of where it is that I’m going, and I should be fine.”

Sookie nodded and chimed in her opinion, “And from what Lizzie was telling me was that you two have spent a lot of time in Ezralda’s palace lately—trying to get her to calm the f*** down.”

“Percisely.” Elijah smiled a large grin, “So I know the general layout of her palace almost perfectly, we practically flew over the whole place the last time we were there.”

A large malicious grin spread across Ryuzaki’s face, showing his fangs.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:36:31 am by AnimeFreak »

anything