Author Topic: These Bloody Streets--A Decisive Battle! --IC--  (Read 14545 times)

Offline Link

• Unlike the cake, this account is not a lie
    • View Profile
Re: These Bloody Streets--A Decisive Battle! --IC--
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2013, 09:30:02 am »
Calamity glared at Matthew for a moment. She took another swig of wine. “I don't remember learning about a 'Matthew' from my grandmother. Or anything about a Guardian of Perdeux or whatnot. Though, I do come from the Hunter family, which is a considerably smaller family of magic.” She shrugged. “I guess we'll be fighting together, so I'll see if you really are what you are.”

She listened as Zane explained his enhancements and his weaponry summoning system. It was all very interesting or something. She took occasional pulls on her bottle until it was empty. She did enjoy his ability to bring weapons into his hands. It could be extremely useful in combat. She felt a twist of magic in the crystals, but she couldn't be totally sure.

Then Ellie introduced herself. A fire witch? Not bad at all. An interesting focus, though not at all surprising if she she studied under Salamander. That was a name she had heard of.

“So then, what about you? I can tell you are some kind of Witch based on the magical energies surrounding you, but I can’t say I’ve seen you before.” Ellie said.

“What an acute observation.” Calamity said. “As you've probably figured, I'm Calamity. Granddaughter of the Arch-Witch of the Hunter House, Misery. As you called yourself, I am too a jack of all trades. Though, my training is less specificity in any one area of magic, but instead a strategical deconstruction and computation of a foe's fighting style, and being able to quickly adapt a suitable counter attack.” She paused a moment. “And I have this.”

She tossed her empty wine bottle into the air. For a split second it flew towards the center of the room, and the instant later, Calamity was standing, with her sword unsheathed and the bottle on the ground, split cleanly in half.

Calamity swiftly re-sheathed her blade and sat back down. “This sword was my mother's. She was a Siren. The blade is specially constructed with strands of silver to make it easier to kill werewolves and lycans and other beasts of that nature. The handle is also constructed of gold and oak, so it's also capable of being used as a wand, if need be.”

She leaned back and glanced at all her new team mates. “It's a pleasure to be teamed up with all of you,” and then gave a large and maniacal grin.

-------------------------------------------

This lost Time Magic stuff was all very interesting to Reason. She hadn't run into any lost magic from what she could remember. Talk of time and affects and houses outside of time itself. Reason's current incarnation was tempted to prod further, but the memories of her last two forms kept the questions at bay for now.

Reason listened to Micheal’s explanation to his area of magical expertise.

“I see.” Reason said. “I've heard much about you, True Salamander. An interesting title, if I do say so myself. You'll be an interesting one to fight beside.”

Reason laughed. “I'm liking this whole 'kill the Ice Queen' thing more and more by the second. Let's hope I don't die again.” She said, letting out another laugh.

She looked up at Arafel. “And since we're getting all show-y off-y with our magic.” Sh hopped up from her beanbag chair. She put her fingers onto her temples opened a channel in her mind to the Spring Stone around her neck.

One by one she began to harness a trait from her diverse ancestry. She started off with a light show. An orb of blue colored lightning magic appeared. It hovered in the air, at chest level with Reason, twisting and crackling. The next moment, it began to orbit Reason. Next, Reason brought in some of her Demon magic. A dark black orb appeared, and joined the Spring magic. This one seemed to absorb light, like a miniature black hole. Next, Reason pulled on some of her Angel magic. A brilliant white and golden glowing orb took shape along with the two other orbs of magic. The three orbs rotated around Reason for a few seconds when Reason started to pull at her inner vampire. She could feel her fangs slowly begin to protrude, and then a nearly tangible red aura began to flicker around her body. Finally, as the orbs began to orbit just a hair faster, Reason tapped into her Time Lord. Golden lights began to glimmer around her, and entangle with the vampiracle aura. An aurora of color danced around her momentarily, and when she felt that she had sufficiently shown her power, she all at one cut every spell.

She flipped her hair back out of her face and then plopped back down onto her chair. “Yup.” She said. “That's me.”
"It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool"

Offline Yajuu_Kikuishi

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2013, 05:46:23 am »
Michael watched with interest as the girl called Reason demonstrated her impressive mix of ancestry. As each power generated a small orb, Michael sensed a subtle change in the magical atmosphere in the room. He was even able to sense the vampire aura she gave off to a small degree, relying more on how it interrupted the magical flow. What surprised him though, was the fact that the final golden energy she released didn’t seem to affect anything of a magical or physical nature. It probed around with his senses but couldn’t find it or even find where it could have been blocking the normal magic. It was the same thing that happened when someone used Lost Magic around him.

Before he could speak up about it though, as Reason turned her powers off and flopped back into her bean bag, Arafel spoke up first. “Amazing…” he said as he leant forward so his elbows rested on his knees. “Not your vast array of abilities, as impressive as that is, but that golden energy at the end…it warped the Time Waves around your body; it was quite spectacular.” Reason had a confused look on her face, while Michael watched the two of them closely.

“Sorry, but would you be able to activate that again?” he asked, a somewhat pleading look in his eye.

“Sure…” Reason said hesitantly and after a second or two the golden energy appeared around her body again.

Arafel raised both his hands and the black smoke of his own Time Energy started to appear. This time it didn’t form into cogs, instead it formed into small hooks like ones used for fishing. The hooks, connected by a smoky chain to Arafel’s fingers, floated across the room and latched into the golden energy around Reason. Instantly, the muscles in Arafel’s arms grew taught and a look of wonder appeared on his face.

“Truly fascinating…it is Time Energy but nothing I have ever come across before. I wonder…” he started and moved his hands slightly, drawing his hooks back to him.

Where the hooks had attached themselves to the golden energy, it dragged it with them so that a trail of gold and black connected Arafel and Reason. Michael watched with great interest as Arafel experimented, keeping a close eye on both of them for any sign of a negative reaction. He hardly noticed Misa sitting on her bean bag, seemingly as interested as he was.

===================================================================

Zane nodded approvingly as Calamity showed off her skill with the sword. He wasn’t so much impressed with her speed but rather he had noticed the quality of the sword she had used. The subtle strands of silver, and the uniquely constructed handle were impressive work, and Zane knew it. Ellie was more perplexed then impressed, with a frown of thought on her face.

“If you frown like that, your face will be stuck like that.” Zane whispered into her ear and Ellie nearly jumped out of her seat.

“I’ve never heard of the Hunter family but I can tell you are well trained in both magic and swordsmanship. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Ellie said, nodding politely in Calamity’s direction. “But it is getting late now and I suspect we’ll all be needing our sleep for the coming battle. Although, it’s down to you Matthew.” She said and looked towards Matthew.

Jensen nodded in agreement at Cern’s assessment of their teams capabilities. “I would think you are correct Cern, I picked up on it when Ryuzaki told us our teams. In fact, I have even devised a plan complementing our destructive power.” He smiled and shuffled in his chair again. “Well, I say plan, but I’m not really much of a leader; in battle or without. I don’t know if any of you noticed, but our location of entry is quite close to the main gate of the Palace. As such, in order to gain as much attention away from everyone else to start with, I suggest we cause as much havoc as possible.”

“Being so close to the main gate, I can only hope that Ezralda’s forces believe someone is trying a frontal attack. As long as the other teams aren’t as noisy, though I suspect it would be quite difficult to be as noisy as us by the looks of it, we should gain the most attention at the outset. This of course means we’ll be in the highest danger at the beginning of the battle because we might just get the top brass closing down on our location.”

“I ain’t f***ing complaining.” Jin said with his trademark sneer still in place. “There’s no f***ing point wasting precious f***ing seconds messing around with small shits.”

“Quite so.” Jensen said before continuing. “So as I was saying, we’ll enter through the Gateway and as soon as it is closed feel free to go crazy. Working as a team will be difficult because we’ve only just met, so I suggest we all do things separately but stay close together. The only thing  I will say is that should I call out to you, do try to listen what I’m saying; it might be rather important.” He smiled and looked at Jin.

“But, alas, the night draws close and it wouldn’t do very well for all of us to be too tired to fight tomorrow. So I’d suggest you go and find some rooms to bunk down in for the night and I’ll meet you in the War Room in the morning.” Jensen then stood up, adjusting his cloak around his shoulders, and moved across the room to open the door, gesturing for his team mates to leave.

“Sounds like Elijah has shaped up to be quite a fine fellow.” Jinkama said, his hands still linked behind his resting head. “His Gates will be well useful in the fight and I’m sure his combat capabilities are of a similar standard. But speaking of the great Elijah, is he ever going to appear? I mean, here we are becoming best-est of buddies and he’s off chatting with the big cheese himself; no fun at all that.” Jinkama suddenly rolled backwards and athletically flipped off the reclining, landing with a pose on the carpet.

“Man, I don’t do the whole standing around thing very well. The battle’s tomorrow at mid-day, right? Mid-day is ages into the day; I’m going to be bored out of my wits!” he started to pace up and down while hopping from foot to foot occasionally. “Standing around is a pain in the bum!”

Ryuzaki’s grin was wide and feral, his fangs prominently displayed. “I’m glad that is the case. There is a small room about half way up the central tower structure, if you could deposit Sookie and I there when we attack, things would be fantastic. That’s all I wanted from you Elijah, go find your team and introduce yourself. Being the leader of a group of powerful supernaturals isn’t an easy task, and being a stranger to them is even harder; not that you’re really a stranger to them I suppose.” Ryuzaki laughed and ushered Elijah away, and watched him walk down the corridor and out of sight.

Ryuzaki then moved across to one of the comfy sofas and deposited himself on it, twisting so that one of his legs was perched on the arm rest. “Go on then Sookie, you might be all happy clappy…well, your version of happy clappy…around Elijah and the group. But I can tell there’s something up with you so you might as well spit it out.”
You May Call Me...

Offline AnimeFreak

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2013, 02:17:45 am »
Misa was hardly intrigued by Arafel and Reasons conversation—she watched them closely with a false sense of interest on her face. Moments before, when Reason experimented her powers, she had learned everything she needed to about the group she was fighting in.

For starters, Michael was the strongest, no contest. His flames could burn down anyone of the other three before they even thought twice. Secondly, Reason was probably operating on the same power level as Misa; Misa was probably faster and better at combat, but with all of Reason’s different powers she’d definitely be a challenging opponent to fight. Thirdly, Arafel could either be very useful or very hindering, depending on how well he can handle his magic, how well he’s been trained in combat, and how taxing his powers are on his body. Finally, Reason and Michael were very loud and flashy fighters, their powers would cause for a lot of turbulence in the area they were fighting in, especially Michael.

Misa spoke to Michael while Arafel and Reason were engaged together, “I’m assuming that we will be rescuing the old Monarchs of Winter, seeing’s how we Arafel is on our team, and he’s the one transporting them to another dimension?”

Michael nodded his head while keeping his attention on Reason and Arafel, “That would be a safe assumption.”

Misa nodded and smiled, “Well then I have a suggestion about how we should go about organizing that strike.” She paused and organized her thoughts for a brief moment, “Arafel and myself will infiltrate the prison complex alone, while you and Reason stand outside and draw their attention away—when it comes to sneaking around I think I have a slight advantage, and, no offense Michael, but I don’t really want to be indoors with you when you start throwing your flames around.”

She gave him a smile and he laughed. She then continued and said, “However that’s assuming that you can keep out of my way Arafel?” She was now slightly more serious, her playful smile was still on her face though.

-----------------------------

Elijah nodded to Ryuzaki and said, “Alright then, just be careful you two.” He smiled as he waved his hand and made a gate appear in the wall to his left. He gave a half-hearted wave as he exited through the gateway and entered the room him and Elizabeth shared together, “Damn, she didn’t bring them here.” Elijah said as he whipped up another gate, going out to the courtyard. It was in the midst of a gentle snowfull and he glanced around, “Alright, so not here either.” He created a third gate and, as they the third time’s the charm, and stepped into the dimly lit study.

He heard Jinkama talking about how anxious he was to get on with the fight. Elijah created a another gate in front of him that led to his bedroom and he tossed his sword and chainmail glove through it, “No sense in having these on me at the moment I guess.” He muttered as he through them through the portal. He approached the group with a steady gate and gave Jinkama a firm smack on the shoulder, “How’s it going buddy?” His voice was filled with joy and nostalgia, he hadn’t seen Jinkama in quite some time.

As Jinkama spoke Elijah meandered over the couch and took a seat between Elizabeth and Ariel, putting his hand around Elizabeth’s shoulder. He said, “I would just like to let you guys know where our insertion point is,” He made sure that he had everyone’s attention then said, “we’ll be entering into Ezralda’s ball room.” A smile crossed Elijah’s face, “Which is where all those uppity fairy bastards live, we’re supposed to kill them all and send whatever lineage Ezralada’s put into place into Shambles. But I’m sure we’re going to encounter a lot of security and resistance in there.”

------------------------

Matthew clapped his hands and smiled, “I suppose you’re right Ellie, I still have some preparations to make for my absence.” He gave her a powerful hug and smacked Zane on the back, sending him rocking forward, “Get night you two love birds.” Then he turned and gave Calamity a firm smack on the shoulder, “I must say that I’m rather annoyed that you’ve heard of Michael and not myself,” He smiled and then added, “but after tomorrow the Hunter family shall never forget the name of Prideux!”

He turned and left, waving as he did. When he got into the old stone hallway he sighed a sigh of relief, he had been holding his aggression this whole time, so as to not upset all his guests. The muscles in his arms flexed impressively as he pictured Ezralda’s throat between them.

“She’s lucky that Ryuzaki has already claimed her head.” He said as he stalked away, “Well actually I guess she isn’t.”

-------------------

Sookie plopped down and sat on the floor, cross-legged. “I never did tell you how those f***ers got me so good in that last fight.”

Ryuzaki nodded and said, “Yes, I was preoccupied with matters of my  own so I couldn’t quite tell.” He stopped speaking, awaiting Sookie’s response.

“That amulet she gave me, they said it plays on your worst fear and once activated it makes you live through it. Well it did and it distracted me.”

Ryuzaki nodded his head and waited for Sookie to continue. They were quite for a few minutes until Ryuzaki said, “And?”
“And what?” She had a nasty scowl on her face.
“And what exactly happened?”
 “It made me fight against Ryuk, and the whole time he was basically saying how I’ve grown stronger but haven’t really grown up.” She clenched her first tightly and punched the floor, “I’m still a little shook up about that is all.”
A lesson without pain is meaningless. That’s because you can not gain something without sacrificing something else in return. But, once you’ve over come the pain you will gain a heart that is stronger than anything else.

Offline Link

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2013, 07:16:06 am »
Reason complied with Arafel's request, only because she was equally as interested in his magic. She reinitialized the connection between her stone and her mind. She focused on bringing out her Time Lord ancestry.

The golden glow began to emanate from around her again.

She watched as Arafel conjured up some of his Time Magic and black smokey tendrils tracked their way out towards Reason. They hooked onto some wisps of golden energy from around Reason. He connected with the energy surrounding Reason and she could feel his magic.

It wasn't something she had ever felt before. The magic had a different tone tone it. She could feel the tangible age of the magic, as if had been around longer than the world. Possibly even longer than the universe.

Then she felt something wrong. Like the tendrils of Arafel's magic was pulling on her Time Lord energy. She immediately cut both her access to the Time Lord energy and her connection to her stone. The aura of golden energy around her dissipated.

“Sorry,” She said to Arafel. “I kind of need that.”

She sat back down on her bean bag chair, and rested a hand on the key around her neck. She glanced back at Arafel, “Sorry. I am very interested in your Time magic as well, but that energy... That energy is deeply tied to my physical well being.” She said.

Then she realized that Misa and Michael were conversing. “However that’s assuming that you can keep out of my way Arafel?” She heard Misa say.

-----------------------

Hiro grinned. “Cause a scene as soon as we get there? All I have to do is break stuff?” Hiro nodded. “I can see that Ryuzaki did a good job putting me on this team.”

----------------------

Calamity gave Ellie a smile of appreciation and a nod in return.

Matthew gave her a smack on the shoulder. She quickly glared at him, and then he said “I must say that I’m rather annoyed that you’ve heard of Michael and not myself,” He smiled and then added, “but after tomorrow the Hunter family shall never forget the name of Prideux!”

“Salamander is a much easier name to remember.” She retorted. “Perhaps your great and powerful family shall remember the Hunters as well.” She smiled, and Matthew left the room.

Offline Yajuu_Kikuishi

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2013, 03:04:21 pm »
As soon as Reason cut of her energy, Arafel instantly did the same with his own, letting the hooks dissipate into the air. Reason started to apologise but Arafel shook his head. “There is no need to say sorry, Reason. It is I who needs to apologise. It was a silly idea to play around with things I don’t fully understand. Sorry about that.” He smiled and fiddled with the hat on his head. He sat back again, letting his body sink into the bean bag, when Misa spoke to him.

“You’re free to go around and do your…thing, however you want. I’m not really trained for the whole ‘battle’ thing but I’m pretty handy at disabling anyone who gets in the way.” He shrugged “I’ve got some useful tricks up my sleeves though.”

“Well, we’ll be going after the captured nobles, so you’re main role is going to be transferring them into your mansion; I take it that isn’t too much of an effort to do.” Michael said, turning his attention to Arafel.

“Not too much, no. Seeing as the Mansion isn’t held in the same Time Area as anything else, it sort of follows me about…” he said. “It’s a bit confusing but  I can access it whenever I want with a simple application of Time Magic.”

“Good. In case you missed it, Reason and I will remain outside of the prison, taking care of anyone around and causing general havoc. Arafel and Misa, you will be entering the prison alone, Misa will be there to take care of any guards who happen to be around and Arafel will take care of the Nobles. Try not to get yourself killed before then Arafel.” Michael explained and chuckled.

“Well, unless there are any more questions, I’d suggest going to your own quarters and getting some sleep. I’ll meet you in the morning.”

“Aha, Elijah chooses to join us at last.” Jinkama said as the aforementioned took a seat next to Elizabeth and explained where they were going to appear and what their job was at the palace. “Booyah!” Jinkama and punched the air. “That’s what I’m talking about, right into the belly of the beast!” he threw a few boxing punches and hopped around. “There’s nothing quite as exciting as dropping in on a bunch of big knobs  where they live and scaring the pants off of them.”

He smiled and flipped back into the recliner. “The more security the better Elijah, the more security the better.”

Ryuzaki frowned as Sookie explained what had happened back by the mountain. “Interesting…” he mused. “It seems that Ezralda did some research into how to take each of us down. I hadn’t expected her to be so thorough.” He swivelled further on the sofa and swung his other leg up to cross his ankles. “To be honest, I hadn’t really expected her to actually go after you and me. I don’t like not knowing what she’s up to.” He jumped up suddenly and one of his gateways opened on a snow covered cliff. He walked up to the edge of the gateway, not actually stepping through, and gestured Sookie over to him.

“Is that…?” she started and Ryuzaki nodded.

“Yep, that’s the palace we’re going to invade tomorrow.” Further down the cliff was the structure that Ezralda used as her base. “I’ve been doing this regularly since we heard that Ezralda was finally going to attack us.” He closed the gateway and turned to Sookie. “Ezralda is powerful Sookie, probably nearly equal to myself, when we attack her be careful, I don’t know how powerful she has become since our last encounter.”
You May Call Me...

Offline AnimeFreak

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2013, 06:06:15 pm »
Before Misa left she commented to Arafel, “Alright then seeings how I don’t have a choice to drag you with me, keep up or I will physically drag you with me.” Misa didn’t have much of a sense of humor , and in this case she was clearly not kidding. “I’ll work at a pace of about twenty feet ahead of you and take out any resistance, so all you’ll have to do is just follow up from behind.”

She then stood up and gathered her things, she put her black cloak back on and fastened her sword to her hip. She walked to the door and said, “I look forward to fighting alongside you all.” Then she exited the room into the dimly lit stone hallways. She had earned a room of her own in the estate, and it was all the one down in one of the subterranean levels of the castle. Matthew also allowed her to store bags of blood down in here room—she intended to spend her night drinking and sleeping.

-----------

Ariel maintained her dull persona as she spoke to Jinkama, “You are quite the rambunctious one.” Jinkama smiled back at her and she continued, “I would love to stay and chat with you all, however I intend on reading into the deep hours of the night and then sleeping until we depart.” She spoke a few mumbled words and the dust of the book that she used to display her powers previously reformed back into a book. She grabbed it and returned it to its proper place amongst the book shelves. “If you’ll excuse me.” She said as she left the group and meandered deeper into the massive library.

Elijah smiled and nudged Elizabeth on the shoulder, “How’d you know she’d like this place so much?”

Elizabeth smiled back and didn’t say anything to him, instead she said to Jinkama, “I hope you remember where your room is Jinkama? If you don’t one of us could escort you there. We’re going to need our rest for tomorrow.”

Elijah nodded and added his own bit into the conversation, “This is true, I’ve been getting butterflies in my stomach thinking about this. It will certainly not be an easy battle.

Jinkama’s smile never left his face, he wasn’t the least bit discouraged or worried.

-----------------------
Sookie nodded and said, “I’ve been thinking that myself as of late. She possess the power of both fairy kingdoms. I mean she can’t use the Summer magic, but she still has the combined power level of a Winter Fairy Queen and a Summer Fairy Queen.”

Ryuzaki was quiet for a minute and said, “I remember some time ago when we killed that Fairy Princess Lishanna alongside her. She may have been a only a princess but she possessed an extraordinary amount of power. It took Jace, Ryuk, Misa, you, myself, and a few other odds and ends that we gathered together just to take her down.”

They were both quiet for a minute, deep in thought, before Sookie broke the tension, “Ahh who f***ing cares. Worst case scenario, we have to call over Matthew or Michael for some help, I doubt she could take all of us.” Sookie had a fierce grin on her face, but she was hiding the fact that she was truly considering whether or not Ezralda could take them all on at once….
A lesson without pain is meaningless. That’s because you can not gain something without sacrificing something else in return. But, once you’ve over come the pain you will gain a heart that is stronger than anything else.

Offline Yajuu_Kikuishi

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2013, 09:24:46 pm »
“Well, I’ll be certain to stick with you then.” Arafel replied to Misa as she exited the room. He rolled himself off the bean bag and pulled himself to his feet, inclining his head to Michael and Reason in turns. “Well, it’s been nice meeting you all. I’ll see you in the morning and I can only hope things are going to go well for us in the morning.” He moved across to the door but just before stepping through it he turned back to Michael. “Seeing as I’m one of the newbies around here, did that Elizabeth character say there is a room on the same floor as the War Room for us?”

“Correct. I don’t believe they are set up for anyone in particular so feel free to pick any of them. Just try not to walk in on anyone who wasn’t intelligent enough to lock their door.” Michael said and nodded as Arafel left the room in search of a place to bunk down for the night. He turned to Reason as he spoke next. “It’s been a genuine pleasure meeting you here Reason. The fact that you can live with so many different genes is astounding and I hope that after the battle, we can have a chat about that.”

Jinkama waved at Ariel as she left the room and then turned his head to Elizabeth and Elijah. “Is rambunctious even a word? Sounds like bull to me but then again, I didn’t really pay attention in school!” he rolled off his recliner as Elizabeth spoke to him and jumped to his feet. “Yeah, it’s not too far off from here actually. Although I don’t know how I’m going to get to sleep knowing what’s coming up tomorrow.” He said and started to walk towards the way they had entered.

As he walked away he heard Elijah speak and stopped by one of the bookcases. “Easy, Elijah? No, easy is boring. I want this to be one of the most difficult battles I have ever fought. I hope we meet some really strong characters in that ball room…” he said as he disappeared around the bookcases, his voice carrying across the room. “Just remember, difficult equals fun!” was his last words before he shut the door behind him.

“Man, I cannot wait until tomorrow comes!” he muttered and wandered off in the direction of the room he had in the mansion.

“You worry too much Sookie. I might say that Ezralda has grown in power and I don’t know what her current power level is, but I am still strong enough to take her down. Not to mention I have a few things still up my sleeves.” Ryuzaki said as Sookie finished speaking. “We’re both a lot stronger then when we fought Lisanna in any case. You better get some rest, and I’ll see you in the morning. I’ve got a few things to sort out before I turn in for the night.”
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 10:26:45 pm by Yajuu_Kikuishi »
You May Call Me...

Offline Link

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2013, 01:36:53 pm »
“Messing with what we don't understand is how we gain knowledge, though.” Reason replied to Arafel, and nodded to him. She watched as other members of her team began to dissipate. She stood up and left the room.

She went to a room that she decided was hers, locked the door, and flopped onto her bed. She looked up at the ceiling and began to wounder what she had gotten herself into, and it was like this that she eventually fell asleep.

--------------------------

Hiro jumped up from his seat on the floor. “It's been fun,” he said, before walking out of the room, waving as he went.

He walked down the halls, found an unlocked door and entered.

He through his duster coat onto a chair along the side of the room, grabbed his sunglasses and hopped onto his bed. He stretched out and braced himself for a night of sleep.

-------------------------

Calamity thought it was time for her to turn in too. She found a room for herself, and made herself at home. Taking her shoulder armor and her trench coat, and placing them on the ground next to her bed. She put her sword down, leaning it against the wall next the headboard of her bed.

She stretched out, laying down on top of her sheets. Her thoughts wandered. She did it. Just like she had promised her Grandmother. The House Prideux. This was what the Hunter House of magic needed. To fight beside someone this powerful. She can bring the light to her little family. Show them that they are worth a strong lineage.

It was in this state of deep thought that she eventually fell asleep.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 07:03:57 am by Link »

Offline AnimeFreak

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2013, 12:25:32 am »
Misa had hardly slept at all, her body was old enough that she didn’t need much sleep, however throughout the night she drank and digested nearly ten times as much as a normal vampire would in one night. Her veins pumped viciously and her genetically dark skin gave off a golden sheen. Her brown eyes had a faint red circle around the iris; a sign that she was full to bursting with energy, ready to pounce and let it out.

She had on her fur-lined black cloak, however she didn’t have her arms completely through it as it was just resting on her shoulders. Her hood was down and the cloak was unfastened, as she walked through the dingy basement hallways of the Prideux castle it waved behind her. She was nearly concealed in the shadows of the hallway, her clothing was what made her such. Underneath the black cloak she wore tight black pants and then a tight black shirt that cut off at her arms—revealing her well sculpted muscles. Her nails were long and appeared manicured and fragile—however as anyone whose previously fought her will tell you, they are harder than the steel blades she carries.

One her left hip dangled her long scimitar. Fashioned high up and on the back of her left calf was a curved blade known as a shafrah. At the small of her elegant and seemingly frail back she wore had a strange looking sheath. It wasn’t very long, however at each end there was a different handle. The sheath had two curves in it, one going up and one going down, it was clearly custom made for her use, and it stored two curved, elegant daggers. All of her weapons on her person corresponded perfectly with the curve and flow of her body, so that you couldn’t pick out their location underneath her long cloak. In her left hand she carried a bundle of white cloths, they were wrapped together and tied off, as if they were containing something.

As she neared the staircase to ascend to the main level of the castle, she smiled. I’ve spent thirteen years in Hell, training for the inevitable battle against Ezralda, Her fangs popped out with a noticeable click, she couldn’t contain her excitement. She will finally get what’s coming to her.

Elizabeth was standing atop the massive spiraling pillar that stood in the far corner of the Prideux castle. The entire day was gloomy and rainy, which is sometimes normal for the current season in France, however seeing’s as Ezralda eliminated all other seasons anything but snow was strange. Grey storm clouds swirled about and lightning crackled from them. There was no sun or moon on this early morning, nothing but the bleak gray filled the sky. Purple, white, red, green, and blue lightning littered the sky and cackled as it struck the ground nearby.

The storm extended for miles upon miles and, finally, at least that part saw an end to all the snow. The green grass finally had the chance to see light again as the powerful rainwater melted the snow. Large puddles formed and then drained away—the castle was built on very high ground. Several times the lightning struck Elizabeth from her position on top the castle; her arms were outstretched accepting the shocks as a blessing.

Although rain fell on her, she was not wet, not a single part of her was.  She wore a purple bandanna tied around her head and she let her brown, curly hair fall loose and untamed. When it came to body armor, Elizabeth didn’t need any; it would do nothing but get in her way and be uncomfortable. Instead she dressed out of comfort and practicality. She had on a pair of tight black jeans, and a low cut purple tank-top. She had on a pair of white tennis shoes.

The clothes she was wearing before didn’t show all the tattoos that covered her arms and her chest. At the center of her chest was a large, grey storm cloud. From all directions of the cloud were streaks of purple lightning that ran across her chest, down her arms, and onto parts of her hands. They even went part way up her neck. Dangling from her neck was her ornate and simple necklace. A brilliant and bright silver chain held two birds that, in their talons, held a purple stone of amethyst—the birds looked to be raptors or birds of prey. 

Every time the lightning struck her it lit up her tattoos, the amethyst on her necklace, and her eyes with a brilliant purple sheen. Another bolt of lightning hit her and she exclaimed with glee, “Thank you Elders!”

Matthew was on a different part of the roof, a good distance away, and in an instant he crossed it with a mighty jump that landed him right next to Elizabeth. He wasn’t wearing anything except for a pair of grey sweatpants. He hadn’t even the chance to get ready before he noticed what happened. “The bitch will be pissed when she sees this!”

Elizabeth had a smile that spread across her face, she couldn’t contain how happy she was, “I forgot what the rain felt like and what it felt like to feel the natural lightning pierce your body! It’s so invigorating!”

“Indeed it is, Elizabeth.” Matthew smiled and clapped her on the shoulder, “The spirits in our castle have tripped our wards and triggered a mighty storm to blow away her damn snow.”

Elizabeth smiled, “She’s probably sending some prick her to see what the f*** is up. The spirits will slaughter his pixie-ass.”

Matthew smiled and said, “And it won’t even matter, in a few hours Ryuzaki will have his hand around Ezralda’s throat.” He turned to go down the doorway and back into the castle, “I best get ready now, you know what with the big day ahead of us.”

Elizabeth didn’t say anything, another few bolts of lightning struck her in succession and she closed her eyes in ecstasy. She rolled onto her back and let the rain patter against her body. It still wasn’t causing her to get wet, the Elders wouldn’t allow for their magic to cause her any inconvenience, but she still felt the comforting splash of cool rainwater against her body for the first time in nearly a decade.
------------------

Ariel had now changed clothing to wear something for suitable for battle. Around her body was a vest that was sewn together with shards of iron, so that any fairy that touched it would be caused a serious amount of pain. She had on a pair of baggy grey pants with the same material woven through them. Over all that she wore her trademark red coat with a baggy hood. The hood was up over her head as she exited the study.

Her mind was overwhelmed with information, she had spent the entire night reading and only slept for about an hour. Her silver eyes were shining from the sudden intake of knowledge and words. Saying she spent the entire night reading was wrong, she had done some other things too, making arrangments  and such. All across her arms were iron chains that wrapped around her entire torso, down her arms, and around some of her fingers.

To see a girl who appears the age of seven carrying these things, most likely, looked to the innocent bystander to be quite disturbing. The chains didn’t jingle or move whatsoever as she walked, they remained in the same exact position despite the appearance of inertia. It has been a long time since I used these chains. She continued to leave the study, the iron chains still not making a sound.

She walked into the hallway and turned down a corridor that would lead her to the courtyard. She could hear the pitter patter of rain against the windows in the study and she wanted to see what was going on. These chains are older than Ryuzaki, passed down from generation to generation along with the art of Naming Things. Just like that art, they come with one, soul, purpose, She walked out into the courtyard, a large patio was what you stepped out onto first. Out past that was grass and a large maze of bushes and shrubbery. To defend against Fairies such as Ezralda.

She spoke the name of her chains out loud and they finally jingled, no matter what name you called them or in what language they still responded, they were one of the few objects in the entire world that didn’t need a special name, “Iron.”

Cern stepped out of his room wearing almost the same thing as he was before. He had on a black bandanna tied in a band around his head, holding back his already short hair. His loose black t-shirt was still over his grey long-sleeve shirt that clung tightly to his body and cut off a few inches past his elbow. Over his hands he had fingerless boxing gloves. He had on a pair of grey shorts that cut off at his knees and his shoes were simple, ragged tennis shoes. 

His brown eyes scanned the hallways in sign of someone else and found no one, a frown came to his face, as he hoped to see an excited Jinkama to speak to. He hadn’t had the chance to catch up with him yet, and the two of them tended to share the same enthusiasm in battle. He flexed his fingers and closed them into tight fists then opened them again, in a quick instant two long blades appeared and then vanished. As they did several different tattoos of varying designs wrapped around the visible parts of his arms and legs, then as soon as the weapons disappeared so did they.

He decided to continue walking through the hallways and meander around for a bit. Hmm, I wonder who else is up, we’ll be leaving in about four hours and I imagine the others are probably all ready—I tend to be the latest.
---------------------

Elijah was dressed in green cargo pants and a green combat vest. The vest was heavy duty and consisted of many pockets. Undeneath that he wore a simple grey shirt that stuck out around the vest. He was wearing a chain-link glove that clinked as he walked, it was fit very loosely. Holstered across his back was a massive European broadsword. His brown scraggly hair blew wildly in the storm that encompassed the Prideux estate. It was wet and matted down to his face.

His green eyed gaze was intensely focused on the grave stone in front of him. There was nothing enscirbed on it but he secretly knew who it was for—Jace, his father. He discovered his father’s old sword buried there, along with the glove that was apparently his mothers. Regret filled his eyes with tears, he never knew his father, and he wish he had. Everyone speaks of what a good man he was, what a powerful sorcerer he was, and how he died doing the world a huge favor.

I just wish he could have actually f***ing talked to me.

Elijah was angry but understood why his father never once saw his son, because if he had The Order would have hunted him down and taken his son to be their tool, and Jace wasn’t the type of man to allow that to happen to his own flesh and blood. Instead he sacrificed himself, flesh and blood and all, to allow his son to grow up in a world where he wouldn’t be kidnapped for his power.

Elijah smiled, knowing his father did well. He turned to walk back to the castle. The tombstone was hidden in the family graveyard, so no one would probably be around him. As he got closer to the castle he was glad he almost didn’t want to go indoors—this was the first time in years he could stand outside comfortably without a coat. So instead he stood, outside in the rain, for about another half hour letting it hit his face and wash away any sense of regret he had or any anger he had for his father.

He turned and walked into the castle, ready for what they all were about to embark on.

Sookie stretched and rolled out of her bed. Her blonde hair was a mess of frizz all around her and she straightened it out with her hands. She lazily made her way to a pair of sweatpants that were laying on her floor, they were the same grey ones she stole from Ellie, and then she grabbed the same sports-bra she stole from her as well. After that she found a green t-shirt in the closet that she could wear as well.

Might as well appease the f***ers by getting dressed. She thought to herself, bitterly, Bastards.

The room the Prideux family gave her was spacious and ornately decorated, much like the rest of their home. The furniture was old and practically antiques, the bed was size king, the private bathroom was easily large enough for six people to share. As much as Sookie appreciated it, it wasn’t anything she actually would want, and the Prideux knew that, but they had to do it for sake of their customs. What Sookie would really want is a small cabin, somewhere in the deepest parts of the Prideux’s properties, in the parts of their wilderness that’s slightly dense and forested over.

After she was completely dressed she wondered out into the hallway. “I wonder what they made for breakfast.” She said to herself, “Bacon. I hope they have bacon.”

Offline Link

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2013, 08:42:35 am »
It was raining. “This is wonderful!” Reason said to no one in particular. She hopped off her bed and threw open the window, letting the rain fall inside and wash over her face. It was a good day for a fight. She heard lightning crash somewhere on the roof of the estate. Reason closed her eyes and felt the cold water hit her face. It was the first time in a long time she had felt real rain.

She held out her hand, and watched as the rain drops slowly fell down and gathered up and dripped down the length of her fore arm.

It was a few minutes later that Reason decided to get dressed. She put on a white tank top and black pull-over hoodie. She tied her blonde hair back into a pony tail. She put on a pair of cargo shorts then rested a hand on her Spring Stone.

Today's the day.

She turned around, jumped over her bed and exited her room. It was somewhat early, but she knew that others had to be awake already. She stood in the hallway and stretched out.

----------------------------------

Hiro sat up in bed. He took off his sunglasses and folded them up and tossed them onto the chair his coat was hanging on. He yawned and stretched out, throwing his legs over the side of the bed. He rubbed his face for a second, letting the morning settle down in his head.

He looked over at the window. The rain was plinking off of the glass. It was sight for sore eyes. Hiro grinned.

He hopped up off of his bed, grabbed his coat, and put his sunglasses in his pocket. He through on his coat and walked out of the door.  “Does this place have anything to eat?” He said out loud, though no one was there to hear him.

He felt the presence of many of the others around him beginning to stir. He paused a second and put his hands into his pockets. He started walking, whistling a random tune as he went. As he rounded one corner of the hallway, he saw Misa walking towards him. She was deep in thought and her face was stoic.

“Heeeey Slice-n-Dice!!” Hiro said, smiling like mad. “So. How're you doing?”

Misa ignored him and continued walking down the hallway. Hiro turned around slowly and followed Misa, with his hands still in his pockets.

“Are you gonna ignore me all day?” Hiro asked. “Awww. Come on. Miiiiissssaaaaa.” He chuckled. “Okay, I mean, If you really don't want to have a conversation with me, I guess we could walk in silence.” He continued behind Misa, still smiling and his hands still in his pockets.

------------------------------------

Calamity pulled herself out of bed slowly. She reequipped herself with her armor-shoulder-pad, her trench coat, her sword, and her gloves. She put on her combat boots, and was completely ready for the impending battle.

It had been a while since she had fought beside Ryuzaki, not that she was going to be beside him this time, but it did make her wounder why he would ask her for help. Everyone else here seemed way more powerful than she would have assumed... except maybe for that annoying half-vampire.

But then again, she was the strongest Witch in her lineage. And this winter needs to end.

She opened her window, momentarily letting the rainwater pour in. She quickly whispered a spell to herself. A large glowing blue rune appeared in the window for a second, then faded. The cold air continued to blow into the room, but the rain water could no longer pass the window.

Calamity let the cold air lick her face. It was refreshing. She took a deep breath and the waterlogged air soaked through her lungs.

She closed the window, and quickly exited her room. She quickly glanced up and down the hall, before turning and tracing her way down the hall, into the war room.

Offline Yajuu_Kikuishi

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2013, 05:19:52 pm »
Jinkama was up already, or to be more accurate he hadn’t really gone to sleep at any point in the night. In the early hours of the morning he had dozed fitfully leaning against the wall but for the rest of the night he had kept himself busy with the gym equipment that was scattered around his room. He was currently using a heavy punching bag that hung from the ceiling, using it to waste some of his excess energy he had built up in the night.

He was currently wearing only a pair of black boxer shorts, thin, fingerless boxing gloves, and knee high kickboxing pads on his legs. Jinkama had his hands brought up in a boxing guard commonly referred to as the peek-a-boo style and was delivering a quick series of left hand jabs before throwing powerful right straights that swung the bag back. He hopped back suddenly, dropping his guard, and sprang forward again, flipping forward to land on his hands and landing a devastating straight kick to the centre of the bag; capoeira style.

The kick was powerful and sent the heavy bag swinging high and tapping the ceiling. Jinkama continued his momentum forward and flipped back to his feet, ready to receive the bag as it swung back towards him. He didn’t resume his boxing guard, instead he raised his right hand to eye level and crossed his left so that it was by his elbow. As the bag reached him, he stepped forward and his hands switched positions, removing all motion from the bag as if it had never been hit in the first place. It was an Aikido trick that he had learn recently.

That was what he had been doing for the last couple of years, travelling the world and learning as many martial arts as possible. Jinkama couldn’t claim to be a master in any of the style but he was a competent level in all of them; his main skill came from being able to mix and match the styles as he saw fit in combat. It was useful against enemies who worked on rhythm, and since practically all battles worked on such theories, it gave him a handy edge in any fight. It also meant he could show off a little bit more than normal.

He glanced across at the clock that hung from his wall and figured it was about time to get dressed and head out. He quickly stripped off his gloves and shin guards and threw them into a corner before reaching into a set of drawers by his bed and pulling out identical clothes to the ones he had been wearing earlier. Despite his work out all night, Jinkama didn’t have the slightest notion of sweat on his body so he quickly dressed and moved across to the window. It had begun raining at some point, Jinkama hadn’t noticed when, and the water was lashing against the window.

Well, that’ll piss Ezralda off. he thought with a laugh as he attached the metal plates to his boots by leather straps and stood up to adjust his denim jacket. Jinkama then exited his room, locking the door behind him, and headed down the corridor towards wherever. As he turned a corner, he saw Cern walking down the corridor towards him.

“Cern!” Jinkama exclaimed with a clap of his hands. “Didn’t get a chance to talk to yesterday; you as excited about this as I am?”

Michael had spent the night meditating; it wasn’t quite as good as sleep but it was pretty close, so he was suitably refreshed for the day to come. It also meant his magical power, both natural and learnt, was brimmed and ready for use. He had stripped off his jacket and vest earlier in the night and was sat on the floor with only his heavy black trousers and workers boots on; the leather loops that hung around his legs hung towards the floor. He had also removed his mirrored welders goggles and as he opened his eyes, he revealed that his eyes were like living flame.

He picked himself up off the floor and quickly slipped into his vest, tucking the excess fabric into his trousers, and replaced the goggles over his eyes. As he lowered his hands, flame swirled around his upper body and formed into his black and red leather jacket, the only flames remaining at the end being the ones at the collar and cuffs.

As he walked across the room to leave the room, the door opened automatically and closed behind him. Michael ran his hand along the wood and a clicking sound told him the door had suitably locked. With that sorted he strode down the corridor, heading towards the War Room.

Jensen was stood outside in the courtyard, the rain drenching him. He had chosen to stick with his t-shirt and jeans combo, the brown cloak hung around his shoulders with the hood up over his mohican. He had woken up about an hour ago and he had been stood outside ever since.  He wasn’t stood on the path, instead he had chosen a muddy patch in the grass. Jensen then opened his arms wide and the ground beneath him stirred and formed into a flat whirlpool.

He clenched his hands and suddenly the wet mud parted and dry earth snaked up onto his legs, before feeding up his body. It took seconds and Jensen was then covered from head to toe in solid earth. Jensen opened his hands and the earth smoothed over and recreated his looks, giving him a thin layer of earthen protection when he started fighting. He quickly walked back into the estate and made his way through the hallways to the War Room.

Ellie was already dressed in the clothes she had been wearing, opting to remain with her white tank-top, jeans, and trainers. She was stood beside the bed with the lump that consisted of Zane huddled up beneath the covers. Ellie picked up her flame carved staff and prodded him with it but the only reaction was Zane pulling himself deeper into the duvet. She frowned and tapped her staff against the bed, sending Zane into the air with a burst of magic.

Zane flipped gracefully in the air and landed in a crouch. “Now, that is no way to wake someone up in the morning.” He said as he stood up.

“Well, if you didn’t sleep like the dead, there would be no need. At least your reflexes are still up to scratch.” Ellie said, prodding Zane in the shoulder so that he fell back onto his backside. “Now sort yourself out”

Zane smirked and pulled himself to his feet. Several minutes later he was dressed as he had been the day before; loose white top, brown trousers, and high laced boots. As he finished up with the laces on his boots, Ellie turned to him and threw a package wrapped in brown towards him. Zane caught it with one hand and unwrapped it slowly, revealing a pair of iron vambraces.

“A gift from Michael.” She said. “As he put it ‘for kicking those fairies upside the head with.’”

“Makes sense.” Zane said and quickly strapped the armour around his forearms. They were forged out of iron and had been left their natural colour with the exception of a flame emblazoned in gold at the top. “Let’s go and meet the others then.”

Arafel had picked an unoccupied room the night before and pretty much instantly fallen asleep in the comfy bed. He woke up in the morning as the sun had risen over the horizon, shining through his window. Now he was looking out of the window at the lightning filled sky that rose above them. He was currently dressed in his long sleeved black t-shirt that had orange stripes along the length of the arms, black jeans with a golden buckled belt, and black pointed shows. His beanie hat was currently sat on the bed, leaving his wavy blonde hair to lie on his head.

He raised his hand and let some black smoky Time Magic leak into the air, before shutting it off and grabbing his hat from his bed, pulling it onto his head. He left his furred jacket on its stand and exited the room, pulling it shut behind him and making his way down the hall in the direction he had come the night before.

Jin hadn’t even tried to sleep during the night, instead opting to simply sit on his bed for the duration. He had disconnected his mechanical arm for the night at it lay next to him on the bed, allowing him to scratch at the place where an arm should have been. He looked out of his window at the rain that was lashing against it and smirked. Standing up, he reached for his metal arm and quickly attached it with the metal hooks that dug into his shoulder; it was painful but it allowed him to move the arm as if it were his own.

He flexed the metal fingers and when he was satisfied they moved as he wanted, he picked up his jacket and threw it on. He flicked his long, plaited hair out and let in run down his back before picking up his sword and connected it to his belt by its short chains. Jin then exited his room and made his way through the estate in the direction of the War Room.

Ryuzaki’s room was less of a sleeping area and more of a temporary stopping place for him. It was only a single room and there was no bed or wardrobe, or anything like that. Instead there was a single throne-like chair against the far wall that he used to sit and think. That’s what he was doing at the moment, slouched in the chair with his head resting on his raised hand. He didn’t leave his room yet, he wanted to be the last one to appear, and he was monitoring the War Room by the use of his crystal.

By opening up a tiny gateway in the area he wanted to watch, he could summon a bubble that showed him what was through the gateway. The bubble in question floated in front of him with a yellow glow of energy that lit up the dark room.

“The time comes Ezralda…” he muttered.
You May Call Me...

Offline AnimeFreak

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2013, 08:18:17 pm »
Cern smiled broadly and grabbed Jinkama’s hand with a firm shake. “Excited? Of course! When was that last time that this many people, each having this much power were all assembled, and orchestrated towards one common goal?”

Jinkama smiled and said, “Probably never!”

“Damn straight never! Or not for a long time! But still, it’s f***ing awesome!” Cern turned in the direction of the war room and said, “Where heading to the war room to meet up with everybody? It’s just about time, I suppose.”

----------------------

Misa exhaled deep, steady breaths. Hiro was quite annoying, in her opinion; in the opinion of others he was probably quite hilarious. “I am so happy we are not on the same team, Hiro, then I would feel more obligated to not beat you to death with the reverse side of my sword—that way you feel it more.”

---------------------

Matthew you was one of many to arrive in the war room. His hands were wrapped in white bandages up to the elbows and they all seamlessly flowed around his fingers. He had on a tight black shirt that clung to his torso and arms. Around his belly was a purple sash that was tied in a not at his waist, the two loose ends fell and flopped to the sides as he walked. He was wearing a pair of long purple pants with black stripes going down his side. Wrapped around his head was a purple bandanna, it covered nearly all of his short black hair.

As he entered the room he smiled at Sookie, “My my, you tend to be one of the last ones here, usually.”

Sookie didn’t smile back, instead she scowled, “Ahh shut it, Matt, I just wanna give that bitch what’s coming to her.”

Matthew rested his elbows on the table. He folded his hands together and rested his mouth on them, “I think we all do Sookie, I think we all do.”

Ariel a few seats down from Matthew, the iron chains she wore wrapped tightly around her body. She looked towards them. Her red coat was one, it was long and went down past her knees, the sleeves were long as well and were about eight inches to long. “Hopefully more arrive soon, I am beginning to grow quite anxious.”

Offline Link

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2013, 09:40:21 am »
Hiro chuckled. “Is that so sweetheart?” He said, smiling and revealing his fangs. “You still think of me as that darling little weakling I was before. You still don't believe I could hold my own against you, do you?”

He could tell he was pissing off Misa, and that was totally fine with him. Being an annoyance was one of his many past times.

He took his hands out of his pockets and gave an over exaggerated shrug. “I would challenge you to a dual, but I expect Ryuzaki would want you to be able fight later against the Ice Queen. So that rules out that possibility.”

Hiro put his hands back in his pockets and grinned. Despite the presentation of it, Hiro was rather firm in his belief that he was at least on equal footing with that of Misa. But then again, Misa did have more than a few years experience in this field, so it  would be a long shot, but Hiro still thought he could.

Hiro was so wrapped up in harassing Misa that he hadn't realized that they had entered the war room. He took a deep breath, and out of the kindness of his own heart did not take a seat next to Misa.

He sat down, put his sunglasses on and a giant grin spread across his face.

Reason and Calamity entered the room at roughly the same time. They gave each other subtle nods, but did not engage in conversation, and took seats apart from each other.

Reason took her seat and found herself wildly excited for the coming battle.

Calamity took her seat, with her face nearly stoic. She propped her feet up on the table and crossed her ankles, and placing her hands behind her head. This was the time for her family to shine.

“What do you say we start this whole battle thing?” Calamity said, her face still holding no visible emotions.

Offline Yajuu_Kikuishi

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2013, 02:34:36 am »
Jinkama and Cern continued their conversation on their levels of excitement until they came to the door of the War Room. Jinkama pushed it open and he and Cern parted ways with a bump on the fist. Cern moved across the room as Jinkama glanced around, nodding at anyone that caught his eye. He saw Ariel sitting at the table down from Matthew and headed in her direction. As he passed Matthew he lightly punched him in the shoulder with a smile before spinning around Ariel and taking a seat on the far side of her.

“Looking ready for the battle there, little one.” He said with a chuckle, gesturing at the chains wrapped around her child-like body. “You also look far too nervous; this is going to be so much damn fun!”

Michael had met up with Jensen as he had wandered the halls, so the two of them entered the War Room side by side. They nodded to each other as Jensen moved across to join Cern and Michael took a spot by the wall, slipping his hands into his jacket pockets. He surveyed the room through his goggles, picking out his team mates who had arrived, Misa and Reason, and nodded to each one in turn. He then turned his attention to Matthew, who nodded his greeting at him, and Sookie.

He was ready for the battle ahead, and he was ready to finally show the Winter Fae that they were not the most powerful force in the world.

Arafel had wandered his floor tentatively, wondering if he was about to walk into a section of the house that would zap him, until deciding it was about time to meet the rest of the team in the War Room. He wasn’t entirely convinced that they liked him, but he wasn’t concerned about that either. His future-self had told him that he was meant to join in this battle on Ryuzaki’s side and so he knew that he had to do it. He also knew that should he try to change his own future by not joining in with this battle, Time would not take kindly to it.

With that thought, Arafel shrugged to himself and slipped into the War Room by moving the door as little as possible and taking up position not far from it. He saw Michael further across the room watching him and waved a hand in greeting before slipping both of them into his pockets and leaning back against the wall.

Jin swept through the corridors without as much as a thought towards anyone he might collide with when turning a corner. Luckily for him, as well as anyone he might have met, no one got in his way as he walked and he was at the War Room in no time at all. He practically smashed the door open with his hand, causing most of the people already in the room to look over at him in alarm before realising who it was, and entered the room at full stride. He didn’t offer any greetings to the occupants of the room and dropped heavily into the first free seat he came across.

Jin leant back into the chair and adjusted his sword so it ran down the side of his leg comfortably. He crossed his ankles and then crossed his arms in front of his chest. Jensen waved at him from across the table but Jin didn’t make any movement of acknowledgement. With a smile, Jensen lowered his hand and continued to look at him with amusement. Jin didn’t care; he just locked his gaze on the table and waited for Ryuzaki to make his appearance.

Zane and Ellie walked happily through the hallways without any kind of urgency. They had left early enough that they knew they would arrive at the War Room in time. They also knew that Ryuzaki would hardly start anything until everyone was present, so they took their time as they walked side by side. Soon enough, the door to the War Room came into view at the end of the hall and they lengthened their stride in time with each other. Zane reached the doorway a fraction of a second before Ellie and like the gentleman he probably wasn’t he opened the door and stood to the side to let her in.

She smiled as she passed him and he let the door close behind them before turning to the room. As he did Ellie punched him in the arm and gestured at the room. “I told you if we walked that slowly we’d be the last here!” she said, keeping her voice low.

“Well, we’re not exactly in any kind of rush so I don’t care.” Zane replied with a shrug. “Think of it like this; if we’re the last here, we don’t have to wait as long until Ryuzaki shows up.”

Ellie scowled playfully, the hint of a smile at the corners of her mouth gave it away. “Fine, you win this one.” She said and the two of them took seats next to Matthew, Ellie greeting him with a smile. She quickly scanned the room and found Michael before giving a small wave that he replied with a smile.

Ryuzaki watched through his Viewgate at the gathering forces. He was quite impressed with the power that the people in the room had, ranging from simple vampirism to users of the Lost Magics. He watched as Zane and Ellie entered the room and with a quick head count he realised that finally everyone was gathered. He stood up quickly from his throne-like chair and closed his Viewgate as he stepped down into the centre of the now near pitch black room. The Crystal Cross on his chest lit up again and the familiar rotating bar of light appeared in front of him.

At the same time, the rotating bar of light appeared just of centre of the table and everyone’s attention quickly switched to it. It spun open to reveal Ryuzaki, who stepped out of his dark room and onto the table, his armoured boot crushing the earth palace beneath him. Coincidently or not, his first step had come down exactly on the replica palace’s ball room, crushing it completely. His second step came down on the tallest tower, reducing it to nothing but rocky dust. Ryuzaki let the gate close behind him as he turned to look at everyone in turn.

“The time comes.” He said simply. Ryuzaki didn’t have any kind of speech planned; he knew that those gathered knew why they were doing what they were doing. “Before we leave for the palace, I’m going to confirm your roles in the attack in case you haven’t figured it out yet. Jensen’s team, you guys are the closest to the main gate, so you’ve got the simple goal of causing as much noise as loud as possible as soon as you can. Elijah’s team, you guys are being dropped into the Ball Room, right into the current generation of Noble’s laps. Your goal is to kill them all and ruin any line of succession Ezralda has put in place. Michael’s team, you’ve on rescue duty. You’ll drop in not far from where Ezralda is probably keeping the old generation Nobles. You’ll bust in there, kill any resistance and then Arafel will transport the rescued to his mansion out of Time. Matthew’s team, you’re inserting at a point where Ezralda keeps her generic forces. Your job is to wipe them out, so Ezralda can’t send them anywhere to cause trouble while we work.”

Ryuzaki jumped off the table and landed gently before looking around again. “It’s quite simple; today, Ezralda dies.” He caught Elijah’s eye and the Gate Mage moved across to him. “Elijah and I will send you through simultaneously, so that you can all attack at once. Michael, I suggest you wait until the last possible moment before stepping through.”

Michael nodded. “I was about to suggest the same thing. As soon as I step through, every fairy with a winter or summer orientation will sense me. It will be a bit of a giveaway.”
You May Call Me...

Offline AnimeFreak

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2013, 06:45:29 pm »
Misa kept walking and didn’t say anything to Hiro, she didn’t feel she needed too, until he said something about challenging her to a dual. She stopped in her tracks and so did he. “Hold your own? Purhaps, for a short while, but sooner or later I’d wear you down.” She was speaking without looking at him, as he was slightly behind her, she turned around to face him for an added effect to her next statement, “I can tell by your gait that you have spent a lot of time training, honing your skills, and by your recent reaction—“she gestured to his fangs”—I can tell that you’ve finally accepted what you are.” She turned around to keep walking towards the war room, they were getting closer, “But do not, even for a brief moment, think that I haven’t been doing the exact same thing. The only difference is I started when my loyalty pledged to a Sultan.” Her last statement was to show an example of her age, however she could tell that all she said had made Hiro more antagonizing and playful. Fortunately they were nearing the war room.

You have gotten much stronger, She thought to herself and smiled, and apparently your ego has grown with it.

The frozen city of Winter—as Ezralda name it--was the size of a metropolis—capable of housing millions of people, which it did, only they were all soldiers in Ezralda’s mighty army. It was all surrounded by a giant wall, fifty-meters high, and it was built atop a massive mountain that Ezralda literally cleaved in half and put her fortress on, so as to give her the ultimate advantage of a high-ground in the event of an invasion. 

The mountain was large enough that even though there was a metropolis sitting atop it, there was still plenty of space around it for defenses to be placed outside the city. Currently though, there were none, as there was literally no threat at the moment to pose enough of a threat for Ezralda to even bat an eye at.

Over the fifty meter walls, you could see only one building, it was a palace forged of frozen stone and had several massive spiraling towers, one on each corner and then one in the very center that exceeded those in the corner by nearly forty-meters in height. This tower was the one were Ezralda spent most of her time at, it was significantly taller than the wall, so she would have no issue looking out in all directions, able to perceive everything.

Around her fortress was several other buildings, all smaller and less magnificent. The most noticeable was a barracks which was significantly larger in terms of size than Ezralda’s palace, but not nearly as tall. The distance was spread out over the frozen landscape. A large dome-like building was adjacent to the palace, this was referred to as the Ball Room, and it was where the new Winter Royalty lived and spent the vast majority of their time.

Also next to Ezralda’s palace, but on the opposite side, was a dark complex with absolutely no windows. The complex itself dug deep down into the rocky mountain. It was Ezralda’s prison and it held any who opposed her and she despised enough not to kill, but to torture to the brink of death and then heal. Just to do it all again. There wasn’t a door or any window covers. The prison was built and picked for its acoustics within the rock. Screams echoed down from deep below and were amplified until they reached the top; so that anyone who walked near the prison would hear the moans of those underneath, the cries of anyone who dared to defy Ezralda.

The entire complex was integrated with roads of ice and was bustling community of sorts. There were numerous buildings, an armory, a blacksmith, a temple for Ezralda’s division of magical sorcerers, and even a market place. The most interesting area was Ezralda’s stable, where she didn’t keep any horses, but instead lived her assortment of strange and diabolical creatures of the fairy world. 

Ezralda’s fortress was in itself a wonder to behold.
-------------------------------

Elijah didn’t smile as he stood up when Ryuzaki was done speaking. He had a serious scowl on his face, not entirely wanting to do the job they had to do, but completely aware that he had to. His chainmail glove clinked against his hand as he walked, it looked to be far too big for his hand, but suddenly he released a small burst of energy the links tightened together to hold snug up against his hand. More green energy flowed from his body and around his sword, which he took out from his sheath and held in his right hand.

The only time I’ll have to lay down my sword in this battle, He thought to himself, anxious about leaving behind his sheath, is if it’s stuck in Nahadoth’s chest or if I’m dead.  “There is a strong possibility of either happening…” he said under his breath as he stood next to Ryuzaki and took a deep, calming breath. He was going to create all the gates, and make them invisible except for on one side, the side in which him and his allies will be entering; that in and of itself took a lot of work. As he focused he said, “I took a late night trip to Winter last night,” He said and some of the people in the room glared, while others looked pissed that he didn’t invite them, “So that way I wouldn’t have to rack my brain as hard to make these gates. When you guys enter through, no one will see or sense you coming, it’s one of the beauties of the Lost Magics, no one, not even Queen Ass-Wipe herself, will know that we’re there until we make ourselves known.”

Several gates appeared in a circle aroud the room. Each door was as tall as the wall and as wide as seven doors, so that every group could enter in any formation they desire. When they were done Elijah took a few more breaths and said, “I’ll let you handle things from here, Ryuzaki.”

Ryuzaki grinned and said, “Gladly.” Then he turned to Jensen and to Misa, “Jensen you and your group are about thirty meters from the wall.” Jensen stood up and his group followed, all of them looked ecstatic for what was to come, “We’ll give you about fifteen minutes to get things started and give you a head-start. I obviously don’t need to emphases how important it is that you get as much attention away from the rest of us as possible.”

Cern walked by and bumped Ryuzaki with his elbow, “Fifteen? Shit, Ryuzaki that’s a damn insult. Give us seven and we’ll have every mother f***er in that place rushing towards the gate to help out their fallen comrades.” Jin, Jensen, and Hiro all nodded, agreeing that fifteen minutes was far too much time. Cern then turned to his group and said, “Alright, let me get things started first since we’re so far away, I think I have the most distance oriented powers out of most of us.”
----------------------------------------

Cern rushed through the gate before anyone could argue with what he said, he was more than okay with being selfish and being the first to fire, so to say. He summoned his bow and a quill of arrows on his back. The bow was designed with an odd curvature to it, so that it could be pulled back and create the maximum about of pressure and force to be exerted on the arrow when it recoils with as minimal amount of force as possible. It was of ancient Mongolian origin.

As he stepped through everything was quiet. His tattoos had covered his body again and were strange looping tribal symbols that covered his body. The others weren’t far behind him as he began his assault. Reaching back, he pulled out about fifteen arrows and held them in his right hand. This was the traditional and ancient way to fire arrows quickly on the battlefield. Most people don’t realize that if you fired one at a time, you’d have to be unnaturally quick and powerful—which Cern was—to fire them off quickly enough for about forty thousand Mongolian horse archers to blanket the sky and block out the sun with arrows. Instead you would hold about ten arrows in your hand, then you would position them so you could fire them off quickly, one after the other, then grab another ten and repeat. The average Mongolian horse archer could, some scholars say, fire about ten arrows in two and a half seconds, if they weren’t aiming and just shooting to shoot.

In that amount of time, Cern was fast enough to fire thirty, precision aimed shots, with one hundred percent accuracy.

Cern readied his side stance and let loose with his arrows, walking forward the hole time at a steady pace. The arrows whizzed through the air with enough speed and force behind them that they were effectively bullets. As they spun, they reached their targets and spiraled into their necks. They had enough force behind them that they literally decapitated the fairy archers standing guard on the walls of Ezralda’s city.

There was several hundred archers standing guard on top of the tower and in less than a minute all but ten stood standing. Those ten rushed to the edges of the tower to sound the alarm. Some reached to their sides and grabbed horns, which they blew into with all their might until their faces went red and they couldn’t breathe anymore.

As the horns sounded Cern turned and smiled, “This is where it gets REALLY fun!”

In front of them, near the wall, were ragged tents and poorly constructed housing. Out of the massive tents and house Ezralda’s outer defenses stirred and came out to confront their enemy. They were massive, standing at a height of nearly ten meters, their bodies were black and blue from living the cold. Some had long, black hair, while others had no hair except on their backs. The muslces on some were defined and rough, while others were fat and slow, but more powerful. They all wore hardly any clothing except for brown cloths around their legs. Their fingernails were grey and cracking. Their teeth were razor sharp and rotting from constant decay. The frost giants bellowed out roars of protest and charged forward, weapons in hand. They moved at ridiculously fast speeds as they had massive legs to propel them vast distances quickly.

From the sides of the walled city, emerged hordes of Centaur. They had the bodies of full grown, massive work horses, and the torsos of humans proportionate to the horse bodies. They all were wearing armor with fur coats underneath them—as they were by no means used to the sheer old of the winter weather. They were easily ten times as fast as the massive giants, however the giants reached Cern and his group first.

Once the giants began their charge, Cern began his next defense. He let his bow and arrows vanish and in his two hands appeared a long ball and chain. The tattoos on his bodie changed to be long chains that wrapped around his arms and legs. They glowed a brilliant white and began to shift and change across his body. He began to swing the long chain with a heavy metal ball at the end in a circle, to build up momentum and speed. It whizzed and hissed as it went through the air. A massive amount of energy accumulated into the ball and chain. Cern’s tattoos served a greater purpose than making him look bad ass, they allowed him to channel his magic into his weapons that he creates.

He swung the chain around his body, then held out his leg and it wrapped around that. With a might grunt of effort he swung the chain opposite and it recoiled off his body. The amount of force it created was tremendous and propelled it further with his own added muscle.

“Wrecking Ball!” He exclaimed as the heavy metal ball with a seemingly infinite chain smacked into the chest of a frost giant that was only a few meters from Cern. The ball flew and a white energy glowed all around it and surrounded the enter chain. As it neared the frost giant, it went through his chest and left a gigantic hole. It didn’t lose any of its momentum and the ball and chain kept flying into more giants, making massive holes in various parts of their bodies. He pulled on the chain and whipped it back to him, sending it flying through more giants and doing more damage.

Blood, intestines, and bones littered the white snow in front of Ezralda’s city.

By now the Centaurs were upon the group and Cern changed tactics. He rushed to the side as a Centaur came towards him, he held out his hand and large claymore appeared in it. He spun and cleaved the Centaur in half, right at the dividing point between horse and man. Blood shot up and the body rolled passed him.

Another Centaur came towards him and he didn’t have much time to respond. His sword was covered in blood, he spun and whipped the blade with enough force it sent the blood flinging into the eyes of the approaching centaur causing him to drop his attack stance and struggle to get the blood out of his face, then Cern held out his sword in a point and the Centaur impaled itself on the blade. The beast had enough force that he went straight through the blade and all that stopped him from crushing cern was the hilt of his mighty claymore.

Cern concentrated and his body became surrounded in a spiraling force of power. The fabric on his loose black shirt flapped madly in all directions as he summoned his energy. His tattoos now was intricate Celtic artwork that moved like snakes across his arms as the energy flowed into them. He screamed and released it, his blade ignited in a blaze of white. Laterally, from the blade of the sword, a long blade of white energy appeared to severe the Centaur in half.

Cern jumped back and watched as the Centaurs entrails rushed to replace the empty space and he collapsed, bloody and split into two pieces. He exhaled a deep breath and pointed his sword at the oncoming soldiers, then smiled and rushed at them.
------------------------

Misa walked over to her gate a few seconds after Jensen’s group, she made sure that Arafel was by her side. Per her request, Elijah had made two gates for Michael’s team, one for Michael and Reason and another for her and Arafel. The gate opened for her and Arafel goes down into one of the more subterranean levels of the prison, Elijah had explained how back when Ezralda was still allied with everybody he had gated a dangerous wizard their directly as a trap.

Elijah said as she moved, “I’m almost ninety percent sure that Ezralda put the Royal faries about one floor lower than the one I’ll send you on. I helped her get them there, after all, and security in the bottom floors is lax, because all of its up above and everyone in her prison is devasted to the point that they can hardly breathe, let alone walk or try to escape.”

Misa nodded and said back, “Alright that’s good.” She turned to Arafel, “Remember I move fast, faster than you can probably see or follow for the most part, and in this situation I will not be concerned with slowing down.” She emphasized her next words very carefully, “You wait exactly five seconds after I walk through, then you go in. If you go any sooner I can’t guarantee that all of her guards will be dead. If you go any later I’ll be too far gone for you to keep up with me or possibly find me again.” She then turned to Reason, “Do not worry about me setting off any alarms or wards,” her face was stoic as she spoke, showing no emotion, just doing what she’s always done and what she’ best at, “I will be fast enough that they’ll hardly feel my blade across their throats. You just have to keep them so preoccupied up top, that they won’t be able to go underground and continue doing normal operations.”

She was still holding the white clothes. She handed them to Ryuzaki and said, “I think you’ll remember these, they’re from the first time we fought alongside one another.” As soon as Ryuzaki grabbed them, she was sure he felt their power. Wrapped in the cloths were some of the most rare artifacts in the world—and in Ryuzaki’s hands the deadliest. Their was three daggers, each dagger has a magical casting on it, not just any magical casting, a casting of Blood Magic. With the smallest drop of vampire blood, a simple puncture wound less than a quarter of inch becomes fatal—and with Ryuzaki’s blood they would be deadly beyond comparison.

Misa took a deep steady breath and walked through the portal, into the dark dungeon of Ezralda’s city.
Misa stepped into the dark, dingy dungeon. It was small hallway with cells all around her. Most of the things in them were all either unconscious or dead. A few were awake and moaning. Two guards stood a few meters in front of her, but she saw them through the gate and was ready. She knew she had to take them out first in order for Arafel to get through and not have to worry about being stabbed in the back.

Her movements were quick and it left her cloak flailing behind her. With four powerful, bounding steps she was on the two guards. She didn’t pull out her scimitar until the last second. As she did, she was so close to the guard that as she pulled it out the butt of the handle hit him under the jaw and sent his head flinging backwards—snapping his neck. The other guard didn’t even have a brief second to attack or notice what was going on, she spun into a quick slash and her scimitar slashed across his throat—it hit deeply enough to where he couldn’t scream or cry out, only gurgle quiet curses and cries for help.

Misa whipped her blade against her cloak to get the blood off while she ran down the hallway further. She sheathed it and reached behind her. In her hands were now two long and curved daggers. As she ran she encountered more guards and they all went down with ease. She was disguised and blended in perfectly with the blackness of the dungeon, her hood was up and she moved quickly enough to where she simply looked like a blur to most of the guards. She didn't use any of the added muscle she gets from being a vampire, really. She could and she had a lot of it, but she was seasoned and experienced. She never wasted any energy, every move had a purpose and none of it was wasted.

----------------------------
Matthew counted off to himself in his head, the seven minutes allotted to them was almost up. He stepped to his gate and looked at his team, “I’m not being pretentious when I say this, but I’m stronger than you guys. I may even be stronger than the three of you put together.” He was complete serious and didn’t care if he come off as a jerk, he was a guardian by nature and they were his team, thus his duty was to ensure that they all came back safe. “If you’re in trouble call to me and I’ll come to your aid. I’m being serious, if one you guys die I’ll rusticate you just so that I can kick your arrogant ass.” He stepped through the portal and into the barracks, the others behind him.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 06:57:09 pm by AnimeFreak »