Author Topic: GAME OF THRONES  (Read 19030 times)

Offline BlackSteel

• View Profile
Re: GAME OF THRONES
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2014, 07:44:02 pm »
guys i think Litter finger is psychic or he mite have planned out every event that happened in that episode

Offline Lucifer

• Philosophiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2014, 01:35:15 am »
I'm gonna be honest, this season they ruined a lot of book things. I'm okay with show changes and in fact loved a lot of them in the last three seasons, but the changes here took away character motivations and nuance whereas changes in previous seasons further developed side characters and relationships. Also they left out an important thing which is why this episode was overhyped. It just didn't live up to the best book in the series. I honestly think I could have adapted this season better.
Protip to adapting things (proven time and time again): Stay faithful to the source material.

MyAnimeList | Trakt | Avy n Sig by Dioz

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2014, 03:07:34 am »
I'm gonna be honest, this season they ruined a lot of book things. I'm okay with show changes and in fact loved a lot of them in the last three seasons, but the changes here took away character motivations and nuance whereas changes in previous seasons further developed side characters and relationships. Also they left out an important thing which is why this episode was overhyped. It just didn't live up to the best book in the series. I honestly think I could have adapted this season better.
Protip to adapting things (proven time and time again): Stay faithful to the source material.
I wouldn't always agree to that. I preferred Kick-Ass the movie to the comic because Matthew Vaughn is better than Mark Millar. But with strong source material it is almost always the case.

Offline BlackSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2014, 10:48:39 am »
after reading a spoiler/ not spoiler (after the show was done) about what really went down with Tyrion Lanister, i can see why some of the book readers would be pissed. like that was really a defining moment for him and to completely ignore some of those parts was kind of a bad move on the writers. plus it would have made everything much more sweeter in that context then what they decided to go with.

anyways as a watcher and not a reader im happy with out this season went, and it seems like the next season will be an interesting one.

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2014, 07:04:52 pm »
after reading a spoiler/ not spoiler (after the show was done) about what really went down with Tyrion Lanister, i can see why some of the book readers would be pissed. like that was really a defining moment for him and to completely ignore some of those parts was kind of a bad move on the writers. plus it would have made everything much more sweeter in that context then what they decided to go with.

anyways as a watcher and not a reader im happy with out this season went, and it seems like the next season will be an interesting one.

I mean that detail was the whole motivation for even going in that room and not go on the ship immediately. So I really don't like that decision to omit at all. Ruined the scene for me because Shae is a terrible character and it wasn't enough motivation.