Author Topic: Sukitte Ii na yo. - 07  (Read 2335 times)

Offline diozknight

• Global Moderator
  • totally not dioz
    • View Profile
Sukitte Ii na yo. - 07
« on: November 19, 2012, 07:11:40 pm »
[HorribleSubs] Sukitte Ii na yo. - 07 [1080p].mkv
http://www.nyaa.eu/...tinfo&tid=374996

[HorribleSubs] Sukitte Ii na yo. - 07 [720p].mkv
http://www.nyaa.eu/...tinfo&tid=374994

[HorribleSubs] Sukitte Ii na yo. - 07 [480p].mkv
http://www.nyaa.eu/...tinfo&tid=374992

Offline thas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sukitte Ii na yo. - 07
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 07:21:06 pm »
Really liking this anime. Been waiting for something like this for a few seasons now. I started reading the manga just for the hell of it & was surprised to see how different it was. In the manga, Mei is a bit more outgoing which leads to more slap stick moment & there is actually partial nudity/suggested sex scenes. While saying that, I still really like the anime's somewhat innocent interpretation of it too. Definitely not dropping this anytime soon.

Offline Kuro Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 02:03:46 am »
I'm kind of eh on this anime so far, can't really say I like it but I don't hate it either, it's more on the lines of slice of life and I can't really say that's my thing but it does have it's moments where it gets me into the story

"There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world, there is only the inevitable"
-Yuuko, xxxHolic

Offline thas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 02:11:44 am »
I'm kind of eh on this anime so far, can't really say I like it but I don't hate it either, it's more on the lines of slice of life and I can't really say that's my thing but it does have it's moments where it gets me into the story

I think the key is to not have unrealistic expectations. This is, like you said, a slice of life/school life shojo. I'm sappy enough to like things that contain romance, but even I'll admit that this is not going to win any awards. It is what it is & it's pretty good at what it is if you ask me.

Offline 68neko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 02:17:27 am »
I'm so-so on this one too. I think it's because Mei is such a wimp and lacks self-confidence. She believes all the things people tell her, including the latest feedback from Aiko which causes her to stride up to Haru, grab him by the tie and . . . That seems so out of character with what we've seen so far.

Offline Kuro Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 02:29:26 am »
I think the key is to not have unrealistic expectations. This is, like you said, a slice of life/school life shojo. I'm sappy enough to like things that contain romance, but even I'll admit that this is not going to win any awards. It is what it is & it's pretty good at what it is if you ask me.

True, it wasn't that I had unrealistic expectations it's just that after the first episode it left a pretty bit impact especially with the last scene, then all of a sudden I feel the impacts were becoming less and less well impact-full, if that makes any sense. This story gives me the same vibes as Kare Kano.

(Also, I remember you being the person to turn to on the romance mangas great times)

"There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world, there is only the inevitable"
-Yuuko, xxxHolic

Offline thas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 02:32:10 am »
I'm so-so on this one too. I think it's because Mei is such a wimp and lacks self-confidence. She believes all the things people tell her, including the latest feedback from Aiko which causes her to stride up to Haru, grab him by the tie and . . . That seems so out of character with what we've seen so far.

Actually I think that's more in line with her character. The other super passive moments make me scratch my head a little. It's important not to forget how she was portrayed in the 1st episode as a girl who wouldn't just keep taking abuse. At least that's the impression I got when she kicked Yamato.

Offline 68neko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 02:36:33 am »
True, it wasn't that I had unrealistic expectations it's just that after the first episode it left a pretty bit impact especially with the last scene, then all of a sudden I feel the impacts were becoming less and less well impact-full, if that makes any sense. This story gives me the same vibes as Kare Kano.
Augh, no! Yukino was bright, outgoing, athletic, and popular. Mei is introverted, unsure, and submissive. She and Yamato are not the competitive peers that Yukino and Souichirou were.

Offline Kuro Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 02:40:34 am »

Augh, no! Yukino was bright, outgoing, athletic, and popular. Mei is introverted, unsure, and submissive. She and Yamato are not the competitive peers that Yukino and Souichirou were.

Haha I had a feeling you'd reply to that, I'm not saying the characters are the same I'm just stating how I'm having the same feeling as when I read Kare Kano as I watch this anime. When I read it, as I said before elsewhere, I had this very neutral feeling about it I didn't love it nor did I hate it.

-Yuuko, xxxHolic

Offline thas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 02:42:04 am »

(Also, I remember you being the person to turn to on the romance mangas great times)

Yeah, I do read quite a few romance mangas. ^_^; Run out of romance animes to watch unfortunately.

I like this anime, but Kare Kano is light years better than this in my eyes. Though the Sukitte Ii na yo manga seems to have potential since it has more depth, characters & somewhat different personalities.

anything