Author Topic: Ben Affleck Cast as Batman for ‘Man of Steel’ Sequel  (Read 4009 times)

Offline Silént Assằssin

• Silent Assassin!
  • Global Moderator
  • Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
    • View Profile
"Blam! Murdered you"
Rocket Raccoon

Offline omgitsotis

• No rice, no life
    • View Profile
Re: Ben Affleck Cast as Batman for ‘Man of Steel’ Sequel
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 10:04:08 am »
Why do people have beef with Ben Affleck? Is it because of Gigli?

Offline Silént Assằssin

• Silent Assassin!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 10:23:55 am »
I don't know my self, maybe they are judging him over Daredevil? But that movie was a decade or so ago, and he has certainly grown since then. Personally, I am pretty excited and terrified of how this will end up. Although, he is getting quite a bit of hate...they did want a slightly older Batman.
"Blam! Murdered you"
Rocket Raccoon

Offline Yajuu_Kikuishi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 11:06:53 am »
Mmm...The only real problem I have with Affleck being Batman/Wayne is that I would prefer an unknown/fairly unknown like they did with Henry Cavill as Superman.

As for the age thing, I think Affleck is about just right for that. It's not too old or too young. Other then that, it's going to be a 'see how it turns out' thing for me.
You May Call Me...

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 05:02:21 pm »
It just doesn't matter. There are plenty of adaptations of Batman that whether this one is good or not doesn't matter. They'll just reboot it in a decade anyway. Instead I'm mad there isn't a Static Shock movie.

Offline Silént Assằssin

• Silent Assassin!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 09:07:49 pm »

Heath got a lot of hate, boy he sure did prove them wrong... I will reserve all judgement till I see the end product I suppose.
"Blam! Murdered you"
Rocket Raccoon

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 09:17:35 pm »
I'm of the opinion that unless someone takes some creative control from Zach Snyder, it will be bad regardless who they cast. Man of Steel gets worse the more I think about what I saw, the opposite reaction you want to leave a film with.

Offline Silént Assằssin

• Silent Assassin!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 10:00:22 pm »
His forte is directing, and it's been announced he's no longer to write/direct The Stand.

Yeah, it's the same for me with Man Of Steel, I argued with a lot of friends who laughed at me for thinking Star Trek Into Darkness was more enjoyable/better.
"Blam! Murdered you"
Rocket Raccoon

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 10:10:22 pm »
His forte is directing, and it's been announced he's no longer to write/direct The Stand.

Yeah, it's the same for me with Man Of Steel, I argued with a lot of friends who laughed at me for thinking Star Trek Into Darkness was more enjoyable/better.
Despite my problems with Into Darkness, it was mostly enjoyable. I think about it, and my opinion from first viewing hasn't really changed. Weak ass third act (the Spock and punching stuff) , but it was really fun and enjoyable up to that point.

Offline Dark

• I don't care... doesn't mean I don't understand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 11:07:20 pm »
Why do people have beef with Ben Affleck?

Daredevil.

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 02:00:27 am »
Why do people have beef with Ben Affleck?

Daredevil.
The director's cut of that is better than Man of Steel, the movie that Batman vs Superman is a sequel to. Also it better be called The World's Finest.

Offline Anndgrim

• Local Moderators
  • Abnormal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 04:32:16 am »
Heath Ledger had proved times and times that he was a good actor before Batman. Those over the top reactions were from internet people, and let's face it, it's easy to find morons on the internet when you look for them.

Those people were obsessed with type casting and preferred a type cast bad actor against a non-type cast good actor.
And shocker here... acting is the discipline of putting yourself in someone else's shoes....

Now I don't have anything against Ben Affleck though it's true that he's had time to prove himself and started off pretty weak to prove himself decent in his latest works.

If anything it makes you wonder what type of Batman we will have. Batman vs Superman would require a darker more cynical Batman to oppose Superman. Then again, the Man of Steel Superman is just like the Dark Knight which makes the idea for this movie incredibly stupid.

Ben Affleck, based on his career so far would suggest a more optimistic lighthearted Batman, then again Heath Ledger.
Then again, we have a dark and tormented Superman, which makes the premise for this movie incredibly stupid.

If of course they use the same Superman, but since Warner Bros seems to have ADD.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:26:04 am by Anndgrim »
Sig by dioz

Offline omgitsotis

• No rice, no life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 04:05:51 pm »
It just doesn't matter. There are plenty of adaptations of Batman that whether this one is good or not doesn't matter. They'll just reboot it in a decade anyway. Instead I'm mad there isn't a Static Shock movie.
I can't think of anyone to play him right now.

Into darkness was far more enjoyable. I didn't need all them explosions from Man of Steel, and the dialogue was far better in Star trek.

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 07:22:40 pm »

Into darkness was far more enjoyable. I didn't need all them explosions from Man of Steel, and the dialogue was far better in Star trek.
All the actors I can think of are at least in their 20s and not high schoolers. Like Donald Glover to play a slightly older Virgil, if they made Static Shock now. 

Offline Anndgrim

• Local Moderators
  • Abnormal
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 05:35:57 am »

All the actors I can think of are at least in their 20s and not high schoolers. Like Donald Glover to play a slightly older Virgil, if they made Static Shock now.

It would probably end up being Jaden Smith and I don't really know what to think of that.

Jaden lacks the humour, I fear and seeing as he isn't known for his acting prowess I have a doubt he'd be able to make us forget he's a rich priviledged kid from Hollywood.
Sig by dioz