Author Topic: Super Robot Wars  (Read 1284 times)

Offline _Peksi

• The Professional
    • View Profile
Super Robot Wars
« on: October 25, 2013, 10:43:22 am »
Soo I was just wondering if there's any SRW fans in here.
'cus I'm totally hooked to series. I've been playing Z2 Hakai/Saisei-hen pretty much nonstop and after I finish Saisei-hen I'm gonna start another round.

For those poor unfortunate souls going "WTF is SRW?" It's one of the(for me the best) grid-based TRPG series ever made.
Simply put you get to command all you favorite mechs. Everything from "real robots" like Gundam, Macross, Knightmares etc. to "super robots" like Gurren Lagann, GaoGaiGar, Big O etc.
and what do you do with them you ask? You beat the crap out of all the bad guys/aliens/monsters etc. you have ever hated in mech animes and if you're awesome enough you can save some character that die in the actual series. There's just the strange feeling of satisfaction when you for example smash a freaking GigaDrillBreaker in the face of someone like Ali Al Sarches and watch the go down in flames.
Long story short it's essentially a massive mecha anime fanfiction in the form of games.
SRWZ2-1 Hakai Hen - Super Robot Wars Z2 Hakai hen- Opening

That's no all ofc the gameplay/combat is awesome as hell too.
The attack cutscenes are just glorious and in many cases ridiculously over the top. Not to mention the original units have some of the best BGMs I have ever heard and are generally ridiculously awesome.
Don't believe me? check these 3 vids out without getting the themes stuck in your head. Oh and a fair warning the sheer epicness of the last 2 videos have been known to kill people.
SRW α3: I Am Baran Doban (Extended)

SRW Z2 Saisei-hen - Gunleon All Attacks

Super Robot Taisen OG 2nd ~G Bankaran All Attacks~

Offline Superman

• View Profile
Re: Super Robot Wars
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 01:40:13 pm »
I remember those games WAY back when it was for like the gba and ps1 which i played. Its really unfortunate that the majority of the series hasnt been brought over to the english side or i'd play ever single one of them

Offline _Peksi

• The Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 02:12:18 pm »
I remember those games WAY back when it was for like the gba and ps1 which i played. Its really unfortunate that the majority of the series hasnt been brought over to the english side or i'd play ever single one of them
Yea it's total BS that there's only like 3 or so games that were actually released in english(and IIRC those are all for GBA)
Thankfully fantranslations exist. There's like 3-4 games fully translated into english and about the same amount has menu translations making them playable. Some of those also have a rough story translation so you'll atleast have some idea wtf is going(well if you have seen the animes it helps to since many of the stages/events are based on some of the series)

Offline Superman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 02:44:41 pm »
yeah i'd been meaning to look for the fully translted games for sometime but been busy with other games :p
the partially or menu only translated i personally hate simply because i'd like to understand 100% of what i play
and the ones that are fully translted are most likely the older ones sadly. i think a lot of people  not from japan simply lost interest from the newer ones because practically none of them are in english

Offline _Peksi

• The Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 02:59:10 pm »
yeah i'd been meaning to look for the fully translted games for sometime but been busy with other games :p
the partially or menu only translated i personally hate simply because i'd like to understand 100% of what i play
and the ones that are fully translted are most likely the older ones sadly. i think a lot of people  not from japan simply lost interest from the newer ones because practically none of them are in english
I think the newest fully translated is either Alpha Gaiden(PS1) or Judgement(GBA)
Yea partial translations are kinda annoying but honestly Z2 Hakai-hen and Saisei-hen are so **** good that I don't even care.
Well the reason why there's no official international releases is 'cus of the licensing mess. I mean on average there's like 10-20 series per game and good deal of them are internationally distributed by some company.

Offline Asseylum Vers Allusia

• Aldnoah Zero / Mecha of 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 04:37:45 am »
Thank me later, lol.

スーパーロボット大戦OG INFINITE BATTLE 第1弾PV

Hot off the heels of Super Robot Wars OG Saga Masou Kishin III: Pride of Justice‘s Japanese release, Namco Bandai announced Super Robot Wars OG Infinite Battle for PlayStation 3 in this week’s Famitsu. Due out on November 28, the game will be available in a 7,480 yen standard edition and 8,980 yen limited edition.

The game is the realization of a collaboration between B.B. Studios, who developed the old Super Robot Wars games, and BEC, which had a hand in a number of Gundam games. Unlike other Super Robot Wars games, it doesn’t have a story.

Infinite Battle uses a team battle system set on a 3D field where players can run about freely. The battle form varies by situation—it could be one-versus-three, two-versus-two, one-versus-one, etc. Attacks are simple: one button for fighting, one button for shooting, and another for a finishing move. Attack variations can be done by pressing other buttons together and using the d-pad, etc.

Confirmed mecha and pilots include:

Cybuster (Masaki Andoh)
Fairlion Type S (Latooni Subota)
Sladegelmir (Woden Ymir)
At Eisen Riese (Kyosuke Nanbu)
Soulgain (Axel Almar)
Gespenst Mk-II Mass Product Model (Russell Bergman)
The remaining mecha are allies from Super Robot Wars OG and OG 2.

The limited edition includes Super Robot Wars OG Dark Prison, a standalone game packed in with the set produced until March 31. Buying the limited edition gets you the game 1,500 yen cheaper than the standalone game, which will launch at 3,000 yen later on. Dark Prison is a side-story to 2nd Super Robot Wars OG, featuring Granzon and Shu Shirakawa. Gadifall will also be an ally.

Development on Super Robot Wars OG Infinite Battle is currently 80 percent complete. Details on the game’s weapon remodeling system will be shared in a followup report.
"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

Offline EJP

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 12:51:16 am »
Super Robot Wars alpha 3 Music Video (High Quality) - Skill, Victory and Gong

"Good, Bad, I'm the one with the gun." - Army of Darkness
"I didn't want to talk to you!  I just wanted to talk to the Wench!"-EJP

The Minecraft Server I'm on:
minecraft.guardbreak.com:25566

anything