Author Topic: SON Comics :IC:  (Read 8627 times)

Offline Anndgrim

• Abnormal
    • View Profile
SON Comics :IC:
« on: October 27, 2013, 07:31:57 pm »
SON
COMICS

:IC:

The deafening sound of ambulance sirens started a few minutes ago and is already invading all of Manhattan. All the hospitals in town are accepting patients by the dozen and the streets have turned to frenzy.

"...This is Joan Jameson, I was here to report on the extraordinary crowd gathering at Sheep Meadows when it started, a terrorist attack. There was an explosion , people started screaming and explosions continued, there are many victims, wounded, dead...”
“W-wait, are you telling me this is still going on?"

"Yes, we weren't able to spot the cause of all of this but we're trying to get you an image... Oh my god... I think we have something, it-it looks like a man."

"A man? Does the man appear to be armed?"

"N-no, he-he doesn't."

"Do you know what is..."

"Oh my god, people... people just collapsed into ashes, you've seen that, his-his hand started glowing and people just-just collapsed into ashes."

"Get out of there!"

"We're too far for him to see us or hear us."

"Given what we just saw I think it's a fair assumption to say we don't know what that man can or can't do. You have to get out of there."

"If you're doing this for the broadcast we're just going to cut the feed... I said we're going to cut the feed. What do you mean we can't cut the feed? **** production! Cut the god**** feed. I'm not having a KID go up into SMOKES for VIEWERSHIP!"

"We-we have someone on the street reporting from an ambulance hub."

"Here John Stephens, live from the cross 65th street and Central Park West where the wounded is being gathered. We... we have a lot of victims here, as you can see there are many ambulances here, a lot of victims have been moved to hospitals but there seem to just be too many, and they keep on coming. Some doctors have arrived here and it seems as they're setting up a field hospital here. everyone here has managed to escape before it was... many people are severely wounded or dying. I was not able to see what was happening, but the number of victims suggests a terrorist attack. We don't know how many the terrorists are but eye witnesses all describe a single unarmed man of Caucasian race and wearing some form of military uniform. Witnesses report he didn't speak or formulate any demands. Witnesses also claim that several people, including policemen tried to shoot the man to no avail."
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 12:06:19 pm by Anndgrim »
Sig by dioz

Offline Anndgrim

• Abnormal
    • View Profile
Re: SON Comics :IC:
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 07:32:42 pm »
*What the ff... ssshhhhhiiit!*

The man fell off his broken down armchair as he was watching the news in his crappy appartment. He crawled toward the dresser and started rummaging through his clothes, up on his kness. His breathing got heavy and steam rose from his body as he started tearing off his clothes. His eyes slowly turned from a deep brown to a fiery orange.
Great, the world needs me and I'm going through my laundry drawer, I'm a monster. There it is.
He pulled a black mouthless mask out of the messy pile and onto his face as his eyes caught on fire. The cowl left a large hole atop his long dark hair to come out of. Soon he found a black jumpsuit, gloves and boots that he put in as much of a hurry.

*No time for stairs*

He jumped out the nd window and dropped to the ground like a stone. The fast although limping march quickly turned into a quickening sprint up to the point he reached about 100km/h.

*I really could have missed that report, I mean, what, I was just sitting there, watching that specific channel at that specific time. I don't even watch TV that much. I could have really missed that report. That's messed up, that's seriously messed up.*
Sig by dioz

Offline Xtorr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 05:41:11 pm »
"Well that was a weird dream and I don't remember falling to sleep...especially on the floor. And what is that sound?"

Lukas got up and looked through the window to see what the commotion was about, he saw thousands of people just running away and the area starting to look like something from a disaster movie.

"What the hell?"

He quickly turned on the tv and saw many news reports about something horrible happening, but with wildly differing details: one was about a terrorist attack, one about a secret weapon experiment gone wrong, one was about North Korea attacking US, one about the last judgement, one about a new deadly virus and even one about a magic man turning everyone to ash. The news reporters all recommended going to the nearest hospital or a community center for safety.

"What the hell is happening? Oh fu.ck it! I'm getting my ass to the nearest hospital, I ain't dying in this little apartment."

Before going out Lukas looked at the mirror and noticed that his eyes were black with glowing golden yellow irises and pupils.

"Oh no...oh NO! Am I infected already? Was it the deadly virus? Am I'm going to die soon?...Wait maybe there's still time? If I get to the hospital quickly enough maybe they can still cure me. Yeah that must be right, I should get there as soon as I can."

Lukas dashed through the door and down the stairs. After exiting the building he ran to the nearest hospital. While running he noticed that he was running considerably faster than before and saw better, but he thought it was all thanks to the adrenaline and continued. When he reached the nearest local hospital, it was empty.

"Dammit, they must have all been evacuated to a big hospital...and I don't know where one is! This was the only one I knew...wait I think there's something near Sheep Meadows and I only vaguely know how to get there. Well screw it, I don't have any other choice plus how hard can a hospital be to find?"

Lukas dashed into the direction of Sheep Meadows.

Offline Sayo-chan!

• adult
  • not-a-bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 05:56:32 pm »
Bzzz....Bzzz...Bzzz.
She flipped open her phone.
"Hi mum... No I'm not going to call you that...I don't care where we are now"
She shut the taxi door forcibly and slumped down in the passengers seat. The taxi pulled out and joined the flowing mob of yellow cars heading into the city.
"Yeah I'm on my way back now. Oh and thanks so much for the offer of a lift I never received" she grumbled. "Yeah I know why, but that doesn't-"
Something grabbed her attention on the radio.
"Hold on a sec mum"
She turned the radios volume up and leaned forward.
"-live witness from the scene of the attack right now. Mr.Jackson can you hear us?"
"fzz....fzz... Hello? can you hear me?"
"Yes we can hear you Mr. Jackson, whats happening right now?"
"Hundreds of of people are trying to get away. It's chaos! Explosions are going off every minute and everyone is screaming!"
"Have you spotted any of the terrorists?"
"No we've seen nothi- wait what's that? th-there's a man... Why's he just standing there? Is he an idiot or something?!"
A loud noise erupted from the radio.
"Mr. Jackson are you alright?! Mr.Jackson? Pete?!"
"Oh god... people are, are burning! He's-ARGH........................"

"What the hell is happening...?" muttered the driver.
"We... We appear to have lost contact with our witness at the Sheep Meadows scene. We'll bring you more information on the attack as we get it"
She brought her phone back up to her ear. "Sorry mum, I'm going to be a bit later than planned" and snapped the phone shut. She'd have an earful later but that really wasn't important right now.
"Hey, can you change our destination to Sheep Meadows?"
The driver turner to her in shock.
"What are you, crazy?! I'm not going anywhere near that place!"
She rummaged around in her bag and pulled out her purse. She dumped a wad of cash on the dashboard.
"$200 if you take me there and an extra $200 if you deliver my luggage to the original destination"
He thought about it for a moment before sighing and mumbling "Deal".

As they got closer they started to notice people running in the opposite direction.
Getting closer then. Maybe I'm a bit in over my head with this...
A good mile or two before the area they hit a blockage of abandoned cars. She grabbed a scrap of paper and a pencil and wrote the taxis details.
"I've written all your details down so don't even think about running off with my stuff. I'm gunna grab something from the boot then you can head back." She jumped out the car and jogged back to the boot. Opening it she grabbed her sword case and slung it on her back along with her rucksack. She went round the front again and tapped on the drivers glass with her knuckle.
"Thanks man!"
With a wave she began dodging around the abandoned cars. When she was out of sight she slipped into a nearby alleyway. She looked around twice. Good, nobody around. She grabbed onto the buildings fire escape and pulled. The metal became a liquid moving along the back of her hand. She moved it into her palm and pressed it into her face. The metal moved and molded to her face leaving behind a thin metal mask with eye and breathing holes. Couldn't let anyone find out who she was after all. Looking around the street once more she sprinted out and towards the scene of the attack.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:00:11 pm by Sayo-chan! »

Offline ketaro

• Administrator
  • Let them entertain you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 01:21:26 am »
An empty boat sat out in the middle of the lake a short way north of Sheep Meadows, seemingly empty as it slowly rocked on the water. Every so often, however, a silhouette could be just caught in the light, disappearing just as much as it wasn't though. A few ducks happened to be hanging around the boat as well, the why becoming known when some bread crumbs would occasionally scatter out of the boat and into the water. The faint silhouette of a woman showed itself lying in the boat, her head and arms leaning over the side to stare at the obviously spoiled birds that lived around here.

What was it like to be a duck? Well, these ducks looked pretty lazy at least. Being able to swim about without getting wet could be pretty useful though. Another handful of bread crumbs scattered into the water. Walking on land didn't look as graceful though. That kind of waddle they did. Waddle. Waaaddle. "You know, ducks are weird."

This sometimes there, sometimes not woman lounging in a boat was suddenly disturbed at the sudden arrival of chaos off in the distance, out of sight but still near enough to hear with how loud it soon become. Except she actually didn't seem to get disturbed by it, in fact it hardly appeared to register as she had lost herself in her thoughts about ducks. Said ducks of course were different as they immediately took to the air and left her, the woman only noticing they had when the next handful of bread tossed out went untouched

Raising her head, the sounds of reality quickly came back to her and forced her to pay attention to them by sounding off explosions and screaming off in the distance. Wait, no, those actually were screams and explosions happening! She quickly jumped to her feet, a motion the boat took unkindly to and causing it to violently rock, an act that unfortunately had no effect as the woman wasn't standing but floating just above it now.

"Chaos is falling and the innocent are made to flee in helplessness. To their defense, this Knight shall rise!" She spoke valiantly, loudly, and as if an audience stood before her to accept her words. The woman's silhouette promptly manifested fully now as a suit of armor formed about her. Where should be legs, a whispy tail instead was in their place. No helm accompanied the armor, leaving a long mane of pale black hair to fall loosely and the irises of her eyes lit up a fiery pink as she reached out and drew forth a blade out of thin air. Thus she charged, flying headlong towards the mayhem, intent on meeting an assumed foe on an assumed battlefield.

Offline Yajuu_Kikuishi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 07:03:34 pm »
The apartment was relatively new and was furnished well enough that no-one could mistake it for the abode of a poor man. It was a pretty standard affair with personal touches added here and there for flare and for the moment say in relative silence. This silence was broken by the repeated shrilling of a phone as it rung in the darkness. It looped it’s ring five or six times before the apartment’s owner bothered to drag himself out of his bed and across to the phone. He paused at the kitchen counter to look at the clock and nodded to himself as he reached across to lift the receiver off its hook.

“Ray, where the hell are you? It’s chaos down here.” The voice shouted over the phone, the heavy noise of engines and emergency sirens in the background.

Ray Ryukin yawned into his open hand before answering, he was dressed in blue jeans and a dark red shirt with the sleeves rolled up to above the elbow. White socks poked out of the end of the trousers and a brown leather belt hung loose from his waist. “I’m on leave at the moment, John, I’ve done piss all, all week. What’s going on?”

“It’s crazy, there was this terrorist attack and then people started dying and…damn, don’t you watch the news. Turn your TV on!”

Ray raised an eyebrow, but carried the phone across so he could grab the TV remote and switch it on with a press of the button. The screen flickered to life and he switched channel to a 24 hours news he guessed would have the info John was talking about. There was currently a news anchor talking hurriedly over what appeared to be a re-run of a previously recorded disaster.

“John, I just said I’ve been doing nothing today. What has this got to do with anything?”

“Are you an idiot or something? This is your...your kind of situation!” John started shouting but it was clearly to someone one his end. “You need to get down here and do something.”

“My kind of situation? I sell lab equipment; I don’t see how I can help.” Ray yawned again and muted the TV.

“Ray! I mean the other part of you. The…the ‘I can melt my bare hands through the bonnet of a car’ situation.”

This woke Ray up. “What, are you saying this was done by others with my…my skill set?”

“Oh, so now you want to help.”

“Help? Not so much, but if this guy can help explain to me what is going on. I might be able to get near him and ask him questions!” he didn’t wait to hear John’s reply and hung up on him before shoving his feet into a pair of brown hiking boots and shrugging into his overcoat. As he exited the building, he could suddenly hear the screams and the sirens.

Looks like all the action is up at Sheep Meadows. So that’s where I’ll head first. He thought as he buried his hands into his pockets and started striding purposefully towards his destination.
You May Call Me...

Offline NamsuClintz

• not-a-bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 08:14:37 am »
“Today I’ve got a lab to do in the X1. Oh man, I’m going to have to be underground the whole morning. I wish I could do this experiment in A1….Too bad they don’t have the equipment I need.”

Chucking his empty coffee cup into the bin, Frank rushed down the flight of stairs before reaching the large entrance to the laboratory. As he laid down his bag, he went into the cupboard to collect a pair of goggles and a lab coat. All the while he was thinking of what he’d start to with. He decided on fluorescence microscopy in order to separate the specimens.

Hours later

Lights turned off. Hunched over on the microscope, a shiver ran down his spine.

“Wow! What was that?”

Frank quickly threw his head back. Looking side to side he noticed it at the corner of his eye.  His right arm was glowing! Red streaks of light were embedded along it. Twisting his arm, side to side, he stared in awe.

“What could this mean? This is…this is….”

Abruptly, he threw his head back. He quickly put his experiment on hold.  Forgetting to take off the coat, he grabbed his bag and leapt for the exit.  The doors were swinging in and out. He stood outside, frozen in astonishment. Students, lecturers, staff, everyone! Everyone was running amok. The loud noise of sirens ringing in his ears.   

“I was too late. It’s already begun.”

Offline Melo

• not-a-bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 08:15:16 pm »
"Wrong... wrong.... wrong...WRONG" Nathan exclaimed as he scribbled with the red pen.  Last time he checked he was teaching humans, not monkeys. Results like these made him doubt that statement, though. Most of his students had good results, but there were just those few apples that spoiled the bunch. So far three people actually managed to to score less than ten out of hundred. Why did he pick this job again? Being a biology teacher still involved very basic lab work sometimes. Did he not want to avoid the lab completely except for those very special moments? Hadn't normal research become the most boring thing ever once he had discovered the ultimate research topic ever? He took a short look at his own hand. Yes, this was the ultimate research subject. The only way to satiate his own lust for power and his curiosity was to research those like him. And what he could learn of their corpses could very well become very valuable in his own powers. Superhuman biology was his field now; and Nathan's goal was field leader. His own powers were the ultimate experiment; how strong could he make it? He wouldn't stop until he sqeezed out every last bit of his powers.

But for now, it was back to grading shitty tests. The horrible teacher's roster gave him three hours of nothing at this time of the day; a most glorious time to do whatever you never want to do otherwise. The teacher's lounge's cozy bench was all his for the coming hour, then he would be joined by Mrs. Halden. Who knows, maybe this bench would see some different use today. For now it just allowed him to look at the small television on the wall as a distraction of the horrible student handwritings.
Nathan's rest would be disturbed by ambulances seemingly coming from everywhere. Before he had any chance to question it his show would get interupted for a special update. The news created a sly grin on the teacher's face. Seeing this news it was quite certain that lessons were out of the question.

"Time to fetch a new lab rat."

Offline Anndgrim

• Abnormal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 01:57:40 pm »
It is a bright Sunday and the people of New York come in numbers to sunbath in Sheep Meadows, the notorious prairie of Central Park.

“... people are gathering in crowds today in Central Park on this Sunday, an exceptionally hot day of October.... seriously, that they'd give us such a crappy assignment but giving us a script... and a stupid one at that.... you're supposed to say something there”
“Sorry, I've got my hands full pretending this 'us' isn't just a polite way of saying “me”.”
“Haaaahaaaaa... the sarcastic cameraman, be careful, you're dangerously close to a stereotype.”
“Anyhow, here we go: 5..4..3..~~”
A painfully loud explosion threw ample ammounts of earth into the air, and people to the ground in . The camera dwindled as its bearer recovered his balance.
“Did you get that?”
“Yes, and we're on live television.”
“What was it?”
“I don't know, some explosion.”
“Okay, get up, we need to get closer. We need to get this.”
“Are you mad?”
“Shut up, just come.”
The cries and screams were muffled by the overwhelming sound of the earth fallingdown. Joan and her cameraman's ears were ringing quite painfully but they were far enough that they didn't get  completely deafened. Soon after the explosion followed a series of smaller explosions hitting at random.
“Run!”
“But...”
“Run!”
The ground was shaking from the impacts and everyone running kept tripping. The reporters ran to the edge of Sheep Meadows, terrified as they were running from something they most likely couldn't outrun.  As they reached the trees they realized the attack, whatever it was not following them.
“Are you okay?”
“Y-yeah.”
“Shoot this.”
“We have to go.”
“We're safe here.”
“ “Safe” ” snarked the cameraman.
“This is the most important event of the...”
“Yeah okay okay”
“Just get me in the shot”
“Okay, wait a sec, go”
Joan paused to take a breath before speaking up.
"...This is Joan Jameson, I was here to report on the extraordinary crowd gathering at Sheep Meadows when it started, a terrorist attack. There was an explosion , people started screaming and explosions continued, there are many victims, wounded, dead...”
The smell of burnt flesh and ashes rose in the air as she spoke and a black smoke started entering the field.
“W-wait, are you telling me this is still going on?"

"Yes, we weren't able to spot the cause of all of this but we're trying to get you an image... Oh my god... I think we have something, it-it looks like a man."

The camera panned to the middle of the meadow where the smoke cleared to reveal a man of monstruous size and constitution clad in torn military dress. The man's skin was pale and spotted with pink stains and scars. His dark blonde hair was swept back and shaven in several places and a short stubble covered the unnaturally oversized muscles of his jaws. His face was blank of any expression, his dark blue bloodshot eyes screening through the fleeing crowd as if looking for something, he just stood there, calm, empty handed. He walked a few steps then stopped to observe intently his surroundings.
"A man? Does the man appear to be armed?"

"N-no, he-he doesn't."

"Do you know what is..."
The man raised his arm  and pointed it at a group of people and all its joints started glowing in a reddish orange colour until it escalated in a blinding flash. A dim fire swallowed in black smoke instantly rose from his victims before they collapsed in small almost rock like ashes. Black smoke rose from his arm as well.  Policemen had shown up but he didn't seem even bothered by the bullets they fired at him and inflicted them the same treatment as he gave his other victims.
"Oh my god, people... people just collapsed into ashes, you've seen that, his-his hand started glowing and people just-just collapsed into ashes."

"Get out of there!"

"We're too far for him to see us or hear us."

"Given what we just saw I think it's a fair assumption to say we don't know what that man can or can't do. You have to get out of there."
“This needs to be shown to the...!”
“Joan... We've lost the feed.”
“What?! These morons, these bluberring morons, this is the most important event in history...”
“Huh Joan, not to interrupt your little rant but I think he's looking at us funny.”
“He's not!”
“Well yeah but he's looking in our direction that's enough for me” He said as he started taking a few steps back and putting the camera down.
“Yeah! Of Course! Why don't you just run? You ...” she grumbled as she started picking up the camera.
Sig by dioz

Offline ketaro

• Administrator
  • Let them entertain you
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 03:08:49 pm »
With a flash of light and the rushing of wind, an array of javelins suddenly flew past a lady hefting a large camera and lodged themselves into the ground between her and the large, ominous man whose attention had, until just now, been on her. Dashing onto the scene herself from the sky above, the armored ghost ready for battle dove to intercept the dangerous glare and bring the likely hostile's attention instead to one that could actually defend herself.

"I hereby request the needless massacre of these defenseless innocents to end!" The ghostly Jen shouted as she raised the blade of a very real looking sword in the mysterious man's direction. "And advised, your compliance should quickly be followed by apologetic prostrating in hopes that mercy, while undeserved, may still be met upon you with a swift and painless end."
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 03:12:45 pm by ketaro »

Offline balis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 05:35:46 am »
Samir was at the same dark and quiet alley he spent a lot of his nights in, practicing with his rings.
"I finally managed to hold the water long enough to freeze it and create an ice wall, I'll call that technique blue wall, nice." he wrote it down his notebook, along with the time it took him to create the wall, its size, thickness and his state of fatigue at the end.
"I think I could do five of them before getting completely exhausted, I should try my limit tomorrow after a good day of rest. Now, I wonder how much heat I should put in this blue wall to melt it completely".
He wrote on his notebook "Blue wall experiment n°2 : heat resistance", rose to his feet and put his left hand, wearing a medium blue ring and a faintly glowing purple one, palm up in the direction of the wall of ice.
"It's daylight already, it will be my last one for tonight"
As he focused his mind on the purple ring, the glowing intensified and its color changed to magenta.
"Now the difficult part", he remembered the exact procedure he wrote two years ago in one of his first notebooks, and started to separate his focus in two half, one on the magenta color of the ring, the other on the white ring of his right hand, fingers thrust toward the ice wall.
The heat became soon uncomfortable, and just before he directed it to the ice wall, an explosion broke it and sent Samir at the far end of the alley.
His ears ringing, he realized he couldn't get up as several other explosions, and screams, continued and shook the ground beneath him.

"Well, as long as it's not here".
He managed to sit against one wall, and looked up at the main street, to see a lot of people going one direction while some cops were going the other... to Sheep Meadows?

"Huh, what am I supposed to do now?" Were there any ways he could try the rings on a real situation?

He went toward the park, following the cops until he found him, at the distance.

His hands were shaking as he witnessed him melt away a group of innocent people.

"What am I getting into? Maybe I should, like, wait a little bit"

The man's attention snapped to a woman trying to hold a camera when a... a ghost - in armor - with a sword - came flying from nowhere to engage him.

"What the **** is going on here?"
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:51:41 am by balis »

made by dioz/kami

Offline Sayo-chan!

• adult
  • not-a-bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 05:58:38 pm »
All attempts at being sneaky stopped once Sarah hit the grassy fields. Apart from a few trees dotted around it was open ground. She was stood behind one of the trees now watching the lunatic tear apart the park. Everyone else had run away already but he was still causing explosions and destroying any objects he didn't seem to like. She'd been stood for five minutes already, just watching. She was an idiot. A big idiot. It was almost on impulse that she came but now that she stopped to think about it it was an idiotic idea. It didn't help her optimism that the guy was HUMONGOUS, and you know, throwing giant fireballs and stuff. She looked down at her sword case. Fire vs metal, she already knew which one won. She groaned to herself. A strange voice caught her attention and she looked back. She blinked. And again. Was that a... ghost? An armoured ghost too. What the hell was happening today? Raking her hands through her hair and growling to herself she made her decision. Screw it. She grabbed her gloves from her bag and pulled back the cover on her sword. She slowly drew the jian, avoiding as much noise as she could. Clipping the scabbard to her belt she began circling round the man while he was distracted.

Note: I was really tired and after posting I had already noticed 3 spelling mistakes I've changed now but I apologize if I missed more
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:03:08 pm by Sayo-chan! »

Offline Melo

• not-a-bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 06:21:54 pm »
The road to the park was awfully empty. Was anyone surprised? The single car going in that direction was Nathan's. Full speed he headed to his target, although that wasn't great seeing how utterly crappy his car was. At this rate the drive would only take about five minutes.  he hadn't watched the entirety of the news report. He knew this man could cause explosions at least. Nathan could only hypothese that his powers were probably fire or heat related. He couldn't know for sure what else the man would have in store.

Nathan stopped his car a healthy distance away from the smoke. He looked around, deserted. Nathan smiled, perfect place to change. About five to ten minutes had passed since the newsflash. There was no guarantee the man was still in sheep meadows, but he couldn't have gone far either way. He'd just have to follow a trail of corpses! Nathan opened the doors of the back seats, where he usually left his stuf. He took out a long, black coat. He checked the pockets to make sure nothing was missing: Cigarettes? Check, lighter? Check, 9mm gun? Check.  Nathan had seen that guns did not have effect on this guy, but he'd rather take it with him than leave it here.

Now all Nathan had to do was to become unrecognizable. He wouldn't want any of his darling students to see him, right? Nathan took a deep breath and closed his eyes as his skin color of his face and neck turned slightly darker, and the flesh turned into something resembling scales. His eyes opened and the colors had changed, showing multiple sectional heterochomas. His irises had been split into many sections with seemingly random colors. A moment later a similar thing had happened to his hair: a mixture of black, brown, blonde, white and red. He looked in the window of his car. "Yep, totally not me." He grinned and turned towards the smoke. It was in his best interest to stay unnoticed if possible. If he could hide and observe his target, the better his chances would be. What would Nathan find in the meadows?

(I intend for Nathan to be one of the last to arrive, so I'm waiting with arriving to the battle till more people have arrived.)

Offline Yajuu_Kikuishi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 02:56:18 pm »
Getting past the police cordon had been easier than Ray had been expecting. He’d surmised there would be one, with a suspected terrorist attack and all, and sure enough as he closed in on Central Park the police presence increased dramatically. However, they were still in confusion; no doubt because of the nature of the attack and the amount of civilians injured or dead. Any anti-terrorist units or national guard, or whatever the NYPD had called hadn’t showed up yet so there were holes in the perimeter. Ray used one of these holes to make it past the police and was currently hopping over the wall into Central Park.

He could feel his heart beating heavily in his chest, he hadn’t really thought about what he was going to do. He’d seen some of the dead and injured on his way in and it had shaken him, this guy wasn’t very friendly. But he couldn’t turn around; something compelled him to go further in; towards the source of the explosions.

Ray ducked behind a tree and glanced into Sheep Meadows, and then immediately ducked back behind the tree. He had seen the so-called ‘terrorist’ along with something that he could only describe as a ghost. What the hell is going on? Or more to the point, why the hell am I here? Ray thought as he pressed himself to the tree and slid down until he was resting on his heels. I’m crazy to listen to John; I should have just stayed at home. He ran a hand through his hair and as he did, he caught sight of a brown haired woman wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Ray would have thought that she was a civilian but for two things. One, she was brandishing some kind of sword and her gaze was locked onto the big dude who was blowing stuff up, secondly, she had some sort of metal mask covering her face.

It suddenly occurred to Ray that he had walked in here with nothing to disguise his identity. If the girl turned her head and caught sight of him, she would know what he looked like. Idiot! Ray thought to himself just as he suddenly realised that her knowing what he looked like meant nothing if she didn’t know what he could do. He calmed himself with a couple of quiet breaths, his eyes still locked on the woman, and slowly pushed himself up the tree to a standing position; he let his overcoat slip off him to the floor at the same time.

“Hey!” Ray said in the woman’s direction, loud enough for her to hear but quiet enough that he wasn’t shouting. “What the hell’s going on here?”
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 06:07:16 pm by Yajuu_Kikuishi »
You May Call Me...

Offline Sayo-chan!

• adult
  • not-a-bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 10:49:30 am »
The sudden voice from behind made her jump. Instantly she leaped back, turned in the air and dropped into a defensive stance. A man with long brown hair stepped from behind a nearby tree, a black coat laying at his feet. She swore quietly under her breath.
"What he hell are you doing here? Everyone should have left by now." She kept her voice low and glanced back at the "terrorist". Luckily his attention was still drawn to the ghost...thing...
She didn't drop her guard at all. There was only three possible reasons why he was here. 1. He was an idiot, 2. he was here for the same reason she was or 3. He was back up for the pyromaniac over there. She couldn't take any chances, enough lives were lost today.