Author Topic: SON Comics :IC:  (Read 8324 times)

Offline Yajuu_Kikuishi

• View Profile
Re: SON Comics :IC:
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2013, 04:37:39 am »
The girl seemed to deem him a non-threat as she told him to leave and sheathed her sword; Ray lowered his hands at the same time. He didn’t have any time to reply to her as she rushed off and Ray watched in amazement as she pushed the wood free of a bench and moulded the metal into different things. I don’t believe it, I never thought there would be, could be, others. He thought as the girl ran off to confront the Terrorist. They cannot be related to mine, but to think others existed out there with abilities beyond the human. He looked across at the group who were currently fighting with new wonder in his eyes. Then all of them have abilities. Abilities that they choose to use to help innocent people; like some sort of superheroes.

He chuckled lightly to himself and looked down at his hands, which were glowing ever so slightly. And to think I came down here for selfish reasons. But I cannot deny that that Terrorist’s abilities are similar to mine. Does Amaterasu not distinguish between right and wrong? If I can help to defeat him, I can ask him about the origins of his powers. With his mind set, but mindful that television cameras might be anywhere; Ray closed his eyes and activated his abilities.

It was nearly instantaneous; one moment, Ray stood as a normal man, the next his whole body exploded with blinding flashes of light that fired off in all directions around Sheep Meadows. A second later, Ray had controlled the light and now it surrounded him. Every bit of exposed skin was a bright yellow, nearly white, and a physical glow surrounded him. The light from his chest easily shone through the thin material of his shirt, making it look like a shadow that hung around him, and his jeans had become a shade lighter. When Ray opened his eyes, there were blots and layers of orange that made it look like he had two miniature suns in his head.

Ray knew that to cause physical damage with his heat based abilities, he would need to get in close. But the thought of getting within range of the Terrorist was a scary one; meaning he had to be smart about it. So he decided his first move would be to aid the small group that were currently engaging the Terrorist in close combat. Ray raised his right hand and fired off an intense beam of light that was practically at its destination at the same time Ray fired it. It was aimed at the Terrorist’s face with the intention of blinding him; hopefully giving the others a reprieve from attack while at the same time opening their enemy to an attack of their own.
You May Call Me...

Offline Xtorr

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2013, 06:00:28 am »
Lukas saw what the explosion did to the woman in armor. "Oh my god! She was completely obliterated! That could have been me few minutes ago!" he thought. At the same time something flashed in front of the man and he was blinded. "Now's a chance to attack!" Lukas shouted.

He didn't wait for anyone to respond and quickly jumped and did a spinning kick to the back of the giant's head. This time the mans head went forward. When Lukas landed he quickly circled around the enemy and started landing punches, elbows and knees to the mans face. He saw that it did something but it was way less that what he imagined it should have done, it was more annoying to the enemy than damaging. After a couple of attack combinations the giant covered his face and was readying a devastating swing, but the swing was big and that let a huge opening to the side. Lukas was confident that he was fast enough to make a strong attack. He ducked under the swing and without realizing how Lukas moved all the material from his body and concentrated all of it on his arm.

The arm was covered in what appeared to be a 2 mm thick dark armor that was now clearly divided into sections, it almost looked like something from a fantasy video game, only the joints were covered in the paper thin version he had at the beginning. Lukas figured that if he wanted to move, he couldn't cover everything so that meant that this ability didn't protect him 100%. There were even a few spikes on his knuckles.

Then Lukas made a powerful blow to the giants side, the blow was heard loudly, it was not something you would hear two regular human beings make. Now it was visible that it was powerful enough and the spikes did their job and wounded the giant. The spikes managed to go in about 2 cm deep, it wasn't a huge wound at least not for the man but it meant that the enemy was in fact vulnerable. The giant grunted as he grabbed the spot where Lukas had made the attack. Lukas didn't wait and pulled out his arm missing the grab only by a hair. When Lukas backed off to see what will happen now he noticed that the attack had a serious price - his arm was seriously dislocated. "Oh no! OH FU.CK NO!" - he shouted. Not only that but the concentrated armor wasn't dispersing and in fact was cracked now. His powers were now useless since they stayed on the only body part that he couldn't move right now. The fear overcame Lukas immediately as he backed away. Lukas hoped that someone would do something because the giant would be pissed and he probably would blow up Lukas immediately.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 09:04:23 am by Xtorr »

Offline Anndgrim

• Abnormal
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2013, 09:11:28 am »
GM

The giant had been standing there taking the hits from the masked woman strangely without much reaction. When the suicidal bling bling boy charged him with a spike of ice of all things he just raised his hands and would have turned him to dust if not for the intervention of the ghost which seemed to die in the process.
When spiky boy attacked with kicks and punches he also barely moved at all.

With that many enemies at once it was hard for him to assess the situation and he seemed quite overwhelmed by the influx of information.

Putting his hand to the wound opened by the boy he stared at the boiling blood it left in his palm for a second as the skin around caught fire and cauterized leaving a patch of burnt skin.
Staring at the boy he grabbed him by the arm and threw him against one of the trees several yards away.
Sig by dioz

Offline Anndgrim

• Abnormal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2013, 09:49:37 am »
As he was about to charge, jumping before him in suicidal haste the Lady in the Iron Mask assaulted the giant with nothing more than a pointy stick only to leave a couple of shallow cuts. That she survived so much as coming near in such conditions was a miracle on its own but when the giant burnt her shield rather than her she had probably stretched her luck a little too thin. She HAD to drop the scalding hot shield before it made some serious damage to her. Before she even got a chance to try, a boy with questionable taste in jewelry charged the giant with a spike of ice.
Though it might have looked like the spike had gone any deep into the giant body, all it really did was melt on his burning skin. But when the bling bling boy's stupid action cost the costumed girl's life it cause a rush of anger in the tights clad man.
The spiky boy seemed a little more productive, at least until the giant had done that thing that left a gruesome burning scar to his side.

It was clear from that point that the creature wouldn't be defeated like that, but what else could he do but try to subdue him for now. Infused with his freshly enhanced abilities, he decided to try and keep it in check. He had to temporize, at least until he found a plan.
Running toward the giant with all the speed he could gather in such a short distance, he tackled the man placing one  hand around its back and the other behind its leg lifting him into the air before smashing him into the ground.
"That is not how we're gonna beat him! We have to find another way!"

Grabbing the giants head he hit it on the ground, again and again but the giant was quick to resist and the both engaged in a struggle to keep each other down but the giant's superior strength and size let him rapidly take the advantage as he soon got back up. The costumed man, still on the ground buried both his hands deep into the ground and used that leverage to deliver a sweeping kick to its ankles causing him to fall down.
After a kick up he knelt down above the giant and started punching the giant at inhuman speed for a couple of seconds before the giant opposed his hand and threw him away. Finding the tights clad lying on the ground when he got up he kicked it like a soccer ball and sent him ricochet off the ground for a dozen yards.
Sig by dioz

Offline Melo

• not-a-bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2013, 10:25:31 am »
Nathan stood on the sidelines as many more people charged in. First of all speedy who knocked over the giant over and nearly got himself choked, But others would soon follow, two others thenengaged the giant in melee combat. "Goddamnit!" He screamed as he redirected the explosive gasses back to himself. He only made it just in time to redirect everything before the explosion connected with the ghost.  If Nathan hadn't done that, everything around the giant would've exploded, including the people fighting in close range. "I nearly killed you all, for gods sake." Sometimes it was a nasty thing his gasses were invisible. He had now inhaled all the gasses himself, to be turned into more useful substances for this situation.  A pity of the ghost girl though, she seemed like the most useful out of this lot.

He prepared his attack as the fast guy engaged the giant, which ultimately resulted in him getting thrown away and kicked away hilariously like a ball. Nathan had enhanced the muscles in his mouth a long time ago for the kind of attack he was going to do. Nathan's mouth filled itself fully before he spat out a highly corrosive acid at high speeds towards the giant, aimed at the back of its head. The giant's skin was highly resistant to physical attacks, but how would it react to chemical warfare? With a little luck, he could make its brains melt.

Offline Anndgrim

• Abnormal
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2013, 05:33:38 pm »
GM

Though the reptilian had been standing there, watching from the sidelines until he suddenly decided to creep behind the giant's back and spit a clear liquid at the giant. Though it looked like plain harmless water, the giant immediately reacted, turning around as if he had seen it coming. His eyes suddenly glowed a dark but blinding orange and a loud thunder-like clap sound emerged from the air before him turning the liquid into steam and blowing it away and back toward the reptilian.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:46:32 am by Anndgrim »
Sig by dioz

Offline Sayo-chan!

• adult
  • not-a-bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2013, 08:11:01 pm »
Their attacks were practically doing nothing to the guy. They needed to change tactics, just blindly hitting him wasn't going to work. She managed to get a minute to think while the terrorist was distracted by the man with the...reptile...head... how had she not noticed that before? but did it really surprise her? Yeah a little bit that one. She collected up the pieces of her shattered shield and snuck behind the giant to grab the naginata as well. She morphed it into one large block and knelt by it, examining the back of the giant man. This might work. She morphed it again, this time into a long thick chain. Struggling slightly to heft it, she ran up behind him, letting the chain swing loosely from her hand. She twisted at the last moment and let the chain slide through her hands and around the giants bulging biceps and his chest. She swiped her hand down the side quickly, changing the electron alignment as much as she could cause large amounts of magnetic force between the layers of links. He stumbled forward from the sudden attack and whirled to face Sarah. She stepped back quickly and drew her jian in a defensive position. Hopefully that would hold him for a while. The muscle head's eyes grew darker as he struggled against the chain. Already you could see some links straining under the pressure and a golden glow had already begun on the metal touching his body. Guess not then.

"Now!!" She yelled to the others.

Offline Anndgrim

• Abnormal
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2013, 04:24:30 pm »
Watching the young woman in her attempt to chain up the giant as he was getting up, the costumed man noticed the flimsy chains weakening in a matter of seconds burning red, he decided of a "plan". A bit grand of a word  for what he had in mind. Back on his feet he shouted at the other fighters.

"Hey! Ice guy! Can you freeze those chains somehow?"
Running to the fences around the prairie, he tore a 6 foot steel bar off it and threw it at the iron masked woman's feet.
"We're gonna need a lot more than one chain if we want to stop him. Can you do something with that?"

Tearing off the bars, he took the mesh with him and started running up to the giant reaching him right before the chains snapped, jumping on the giant and wrapping the metal around his shoulders, grabbing both ends and twisting them together. The heat wasn't enough to melt iron but softened it quite significantly.
Looking at the others while still hanging onto the giant.
"Well, come on then! This isn't gonna hold forever!"

After saying those word he dropped back on his feet behind the giant, grabbed the giant by the waists, consolidated his footing and lifted him above his head and turning around pinned him face down.
"Get to it!"
Sig by dioz

Offline balis

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2013, 06:38:08 pm »
Oh crap!
Did the -ghost- -die again- because of him?
"There is some many wrong things with that question", Samir said, as he was lying some meters away from the explosion, still slightly stunned.
The ghost was nowhere to be seen, and by the time it took him to get to his feet, a lot of isolated attacks were made. Although those were useful to keep everyone alive and keep the giant beast distracted, they weren't going to do any good by themselves.

So, getting a little bit more away from the battle, Samir sat and started thinking.
"I need to think of something, fast. What could I do? The heat ring has reached its limit, right now I could probably melt stuff like him but I don't think it would work on that guy.
I've emptied my kinetic ring too, that means I might be able to defend myself from a direct physical attack but still, back to square one.
There's still enough moisture in the air to create more water but that would be only useful if I wanted to create steam or something close to it.
Then there's the last control ring, but I can't think of any ways to use it with the other rings."
While he was thinking, a woman with an iron mask went at it and tried to chain the beast. Her success was tempered with the fact that the links were being melted.
That's when a guy with a mask and, huh, fiery glowing eyes?

"What is going on! In what world did I fall in??"

"Hey! Ice guy! Can you freeze those chains somehow?"

Wait. Samir was the Ice guy?
Either way, he couldn't freeze anything right now, there was enough moisture in the air bu he had stored too much heat.
Wait.
Moisture + heat!
"Ha! I can't freeze anything right now, hold on a second, or minute"

Samir focused on his heat and control rings, and started releasing heat everywhere above them, trying to warm the air at the highest point.

The fight was getting desperate, as the iron woman was trying to add more chain to the pinned beast.
Samir had to be careful to not rotate the rising warm air, he couldn't risk it in this place with the lakes not far away.
"Ha! Plenty of water now!".
Samir looked at his ring, fuchsia, he had exhausted the heat stored inside it.

"Great!"

He looked at the direction of the battle, and started forming water and sticking it to the chains that had managed to hold on. He immediately switched his focus on the fuchsia ring (but without releasing the white ring, allowing him to keep the water on the chains), and started absorbing the heat, thus freezing the chains.

----
edit: Anndgrim. I removed the excerpt below, in wait for a discussion.

It took some time and all his focus, but they did appear: dark clouds.
They all spread surprisingly fast all above the park, with thunders beginning to sound not far away.

Then followed the rain.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 06:52:08 am by Anndgrim »

made by dioz/kami

Offline Yajuu_Kikuishi

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2013, 12:41:43 am »
Ray watched as his light attack had left the giant momentarily stunned and the gathering people took advantage of the fact. However, he watched with increasing dread as the giant threw off pretty much all attacks, taking minor damage to his body in the process. I’m a fool, a conceited fool for ever thinking I was the only one with abilities beyond the human. he glanced down at his hands, which were still glowing with yellow light, and clenched his fists slowly. So many have gathered here to fight this bastard, and so far all I’ve got to show for it is a flash of light; surely I can do more than that. That giant clearly has some sort of heat based abilities, and if that is the case, I should be able to do something about that. At least I should be able to prevent him from melting any metal used to trap him. With that thought in mind, Ray activated his heat-based powers in his arms, running them from his fingers to his elbows; a red gaseous substance forming an aura as he did.

“I’m crazy.” He muttered to himself as he dashed forward, his body still shining with light energy. He saw that a man in a black mask had managed to knock the giant off his feet and was currently holding him pinned to the floor on his front. Ray also saw that the giant was already started to melt that metal that had been wrapped around him to hold him. Without waiting to make introductions, the current situation being as it was, Ray ran to stand at the head of the giant and raised his hands in front of him. “Leave this guy’s heat abilities to me!” as he shouted, the red gas surrounding his lower arms spread forward until it was enveloping both the giant, and the masked man on top of him.

I hope that masked man hasn’t got heat based powers. Ray thought suddenly as he tried to do something he had only done once before, and only briefly at that. C’mon Ray, it’s just like that time with the kettle; except this time it’s a guy who can blow things up on a whim and melt metal with his bare hands! What am I thinking? I can melt stuff with my bare hands! with a sudden burst of confidence, albeit of a low level, Ray concentrated on his task. I just need to siphon off the heat he’s using to melt the metal holding him, if I can do that, the others can capture him easier... or something. Ray thought desperately as he tried to get his ability to work.
You May Call Me...

Offline Melo

• not-a-bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2013, 06:27:07 pm »
Nathan was surpised at the counterattack, but definitely not caught off-guard. The acid, when vaporized, had no effect either way so it didn't really matter if it had been bounced back at him. The gassious substance invisibly entered his body. Recycling was a good thing after all! "Eyes on the back of your head? heh." As nathan prepared his next attack, the metal girl jumped in and chained the giant The giant then got slammed into the ground, face down by the guy that had shown great speed before. Were his powers simple physical enhancements? Not that it mattered for now. This was Nathan's best chance.

As the giant was pinned down, he lunged for its throat. "It's been fun!" Nathan grabbed his neck as if he was choking it. But in reality he killed his cells though necrosis. This process might be a little slowed down by the giant's resilience, but would he be able to keep resisting? To be sure, Nathan manipulated his skin, making small pores that leaked a strong, concentrated acid. The sooner he could burn through his skin, the better. Nathan's grin widened. He had enough of this guy, he just wanted to go home now and disect this body while drinking a nice cup of earl grey tea. Was that so much to ask for? All he needed to do was to destroy anything under the skin. If he could even slightly touch the blood vessels in his neck or his airways, he would be done for. The pain of the giant's cells dying would be horrendous. But Nathan was sure he'd enjoy his screams. Would he scream, however?

Offline NamsuClintz

• not-a-bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2013, 02:40:26 pm »
"This is all very unexpected."

Was one of the thoughts running through Frank's mind. He was surprised to see all these special ability users. All this time, it was something considered but thought to be unlikely. Then of course there was the unbelievable centre of today's events. His feats were quite hard to fathom.

Within the time he had spent observing the situation, Frank had come up with several methods of subduing the pyromaniac. All of which involved the help of the other special ability holders on sight. Right now his strengths would help halt the giants movements but he would not be able to take advantage of such an opportunity by himself. While the giant is immobolised the rest would take that chance to do something effective. However, right now it seems the big guy is already down.

"Let's not get complacent. I'll wait and see if further assistance is needed. Escape and I'll stop you in your tracks."

Frank thought as a grin grew on his face.

Offline Anndgrim

• Abnormal
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2013, 12:57:54 pm »
The cloud of red mist was draining the heat out of the costumed man and with it, his strength, as his grip on the giant. Though the groups effort managed to contain him so far, it was clear that that flimsy a straitjacket wouldn't hold him very long. Even now the mesh was slowly ripping.
The necrotic cells were burning away while the lizard held his neck just barely slower than they appeared, the flames devouring the reptile's hand. Whether the giant was or was not capable of feeling pain remained a question as he did not show a single sign of suffering.
A new man had made his entrance on the field, but many were clearly too busy to notice his arrival.

As he was weakening, the costumed man lost control of the struggle and was no longer able to contain the giant's attempt at squirming out of his bonds.

Falling off, the costumed man "commanded" the others to help.
"Somebody hold him! We have to get him to the fence over there!" he said, pointing North. "Metal girl is the only one who wrap this gift up without having to melt the metal."
He was feeling light headed, but still proceeded to grab the giant and dragging him to the fence but he was quite a lot heavier than he looked, or had any right to be considering his, yet imposing size.
Sig by dioz

Offline Sayo-chan!

• adult
  • not-a-bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2013, 04:58:57 pm »
Quickly getting the circus mans idea, she ran towards the fencing surrounding the park and started moulding it. First she created a large bowl, making the metal as thin as she could, she kept her left hand on the rim and moved the rest of the fence section into the bowl in liquid form. As long as she kept her hand there and concentrated it would keep its form. She moved onto the next section, dragging the bowl along with her. Realising this was going to take to long she yelled at the guy who was the latest arrival.
"Hey useless guy! Don't just stand there gawping, get over here and pass me these fences so I can add them to the 'pool'". The guy seemed slightly confused at first but complied in the end.

As the rest of the people struggled to keep the big guy secured and drag him over, Sarah and her little helper managed to get all the fencing into the bowl which was now full to the brim with liquid metal. The surface looked kind of like spilt petrol, various different metals were mixed together causing different colours to appear. With the help of the others the circus guy finally managed to drag the crazy musclehead towards where she was waiting. Sticking her hands into the bowl, Sarah pulled out the liquid metal as one giant molten ball. She opened up space between the molecules, making it light enough for her to carry. She pressed it onto the giants exposed side and motioned for the others to let go with one metal stained hand. She began twisting it around the giants body, tightening it as much as she could. She added layer after layer to make it thicker and stronger. Four short but thick chains with stakes at the end shot out as she finished the prison and hardened the metal. Finally, she changed the bowl into four large hammers. Holding two in each hand she turned to the others.
"Who wants to finish up?"

Offline ketaro

• Administrator
  • Let them entertain you
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2013, 03:32:21 am »
Various swords and spears, large and small, still remained scattered about the area; remnants that had persisted even after the spirits' apparent destruction. One by one they began shaking themselves loose from the ground they'd been driven into and rose towards the sky. Amidst the spectacle, a silhouette could be seen forming and then suddenly exploded in a flash of light revealing Jen to have returned to the battlefield, sans armor however. "Not even death will deter the wrath of the divine from bringing your deserved end to fruition, murderous giant! The undeserved mercy has run its course; welcome your end with haste now."

As she spoke, the weapons that had risen each was then enveloped in light and transformed, expanding, and acquiring new forms. Floating alongside her now above the battle was a multitude of massive iron spikes and, with a wave of her arm, they flew, propelled by an unseen force, towards the ground and ran through the links of the thick chains Sarah had extending out from the prison she had built for the giant man, anchoring the whole thing solidly into the ground.

The ghost turned her gaze and attention towards Sarah and made to acquire her attention as well. "A quickly thought and cleverly impromptu means of imprisonment, miss. I hope you don't mind myself taking advantage of your work, though. This scuffle has gone on long enough after all."