Author Topic: Who's getting a PS4  (Read 2021 times)

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
Re: Who's getting a PS4
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 02:09:48 am »
What games do we know are coming to the system "soon"? There's Kingdom Hearts 3, and they just teased Uncharted 4. What else are people looking forward to?
Infamous Second Son looks good but the protag looks as bad or worst then Fc3 protag (one of the worst ever). KH3 isn't exclusive so I'm happily covered there for Xbox One, same with FFXV. Personally I've loved Naughty Dog forever, I was a huge fan of Crash Bandicoots and I certainly enjoyed TLOU/Uncharteds but I found the announcement of another Uncharted rather sad. I hate to see a talented studio work on a series past a trilogy, its just such a waste.

At least for me while I figure I'll eventually get a PS4 I have zero reason to anytime soon, with the severe lack of interesting games that are 1P.
I hate to bring up the "versus" debate, but what exclusives does the XboxOne even have compared to PS4? I think a console is only as good as its exclusives, otherwise they are just PCs that can do less than a PC.

Offline Lucifer

• Philosophiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2013, 02:30:56 am »
What games do we know are coming to the system "soon"? There's Kingdom Hearts 3, and they just teased Uncharted 4. What else are people looking forward to?
Infamous Second Son looks good but the protag looks as bad or worst then Fc3 protag (one of the worst ever). KH3 isn't exclusive so I'm happily covered there for Xbox One, same with FFXV. Personally I've loved Naughty Dog forever, I was a huge fan of Crash Bandicoots and I certainly enjoyed TLOU/Uncharteds but I found the announcement of another Uncharted rather sad. I hate to see a talented studio work on a series past a trilogy, its just such a waste.

At least for me while I figure I'll eventually get a PS4 I have zero reason to anytime soon, with the severe lack of interesting games that are 1P.
I hate to bring up the "versus" debate, but what exclusives does the XboxOne even have compared to PS4? I think a console is only as good as its exclusives, otherwise they are just PCs that can do less than a PC.
For me this is something I really don't understand why some Xbox Haters were so strong in their hate as I felt Xbox Ones announced exclusives were many times better then Ps4s.

Just on launch day I'm incredibly psyched to play:
Dead Rising 3
Ryse
Killer Instinct
Crimson Dragon
Forza Motorsport 5

Also some others that are coming, the big one Titanfall which is the first multiplayer centric game I've been truly excited for in years (though some will be like its on PC/ 360(far inferior version though.. obviously) but I'd much rather play it on a console. Also Quantum Break from the Alan Wake creators Remedy may turn out to be awesome (Alan Wake was a pretty good game, a fresh game at the very least). There's also Halo and Gears which I'm pretty hesitant about since they already had so many titles this generation, they need some fresh blood. Halo 4 was good (possibly best campaign out of all of them) but its just more of the same Halo, which isn't bad but not particularly great either. Gears would really need some fresh perspective going forward, I'm not real sure what they could do. There's also Fable, which always has the potential to turn out great tho has only turned out OK thus far. Fable Legends has the chance to be great, we'll have to see.

I'm really not into level creation type stuff but Project Spark demos seriously had me excited to play them. The options for creation just look insanely fun. Theres also D4 which is a fairly unique looking game thats hard to explain, youd just have to watch some trailers, it's a quirky Japanese game that heavily uses Kinect. Sunset Overdrive from the guys who made Rachet and Clank of course has the potential to be great.

Basically theres a f'ton of exclusives I really look forward to playing for Xbox One. And any of the other games I want to play are all multiplatform (Watch Dogs, The Division, KH3, FFXV, MGSV, Destiny, some more). I can't even name one exclusive I'm excited for for Playstation 4. Infamous was a good game but the new protag looks so irritating that its become a 'maybe I'll get around to it'. The uncharted 4 news also made me a bit sad. So honestly I'm not sure what could be announced by Sony atm for me to get a PS4 anytime soon. Had KH3 or MGS5 been exclusive I'd probably have picked it up no matter what.

Instead, I realllllllyy love the UI and various features Xbox One has outside of the IMO wondeful exclusives.

Sorry for the long post, just kind of happened, and in a Ps4 thread :P. (Note: no mud slinging intended if someone somehow got offended.)

MyAnimeList | Trakt | Avy n Sig by Dioz

Offline Asseylum Vers Allusia

• Aldnoah Zero / Mecha of 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2013, 05:26:47 pm »
Playstation 4 for JRPGS and many japanese title that includes hentai what
"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

Offline Kuro Ken

• Manga Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 10:02:50 pm »
Waiting for it to hit $300 like I did with the PS3. By then, it will surely have a big catalog of games that might interest me.

Willing to buy the PS4 just for Kingdom hearts 3. Everything else is just a bouns.

^ these basically
whichever one comes around first. I'm really only in it for KH3 others I plan to get are the next gen Assassins creed games, Dragon Age Inquisition, and if they ever make a sequel to Dragons Dogma

"There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world, there is only the inevitable"
-Yuuko, xxxHolic

Offline thas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 02:54:01 pm »
I'll also probably wait for a price drop or hardware revision. By then there will be way more games & some of the earlier ones will be discounted as well.