Author Topic: Who's getting a Xbox One  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Philosophiser
    • View Profile
Who's getting a Xbox One
« on: November 20, 2013, 09:16:08 pm »
Unlike the similar PS4 thread it seemed there weren't many xbox fans around here but was curious anyways if anyone is. I'm mighty psyched to play Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Battlefield 4 and Ryse.

MyAnimeList | Trakt | Avy n Sig by Dioz

Offline Dark

• I don't care... doesn't mean I don't understand.
    • View Profile
Re: Who's getting a Xbox One
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 07:56:29 am »
The only thing I'd really want an X1 for is Forza --  not really anything else that's caught my interest. There's Titanfall, I guess, but I'm probably getting that on PC.

Offline thas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 02:44:01 pm »
I'll be waiting to see what kind of system it becomes. The 360 felt like it was primarily a shooter's system & if that's the case again, I'm not interested. I do think the Xbox One has the better launch day games & the controller looks extremely nice. Not sure I'm sold on Kinect just yet though. I mean it does what it's supposed to really well, but I'm just not sure I want to spend the extra $100 on something I likely won't use very often. The UI looks a lot like Windows 8 & that's a positive in my eyes. I do think Microsoft could have done better in the design of the console. It's rather large in comparison to the PS4 & still has a pretty chunky external power supply. Anyway, those are just some of my thoughts.

Offline Kuro Ken

• Manga Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 12:11:59 am »
I won't be getting an x1. I'm just more of a playstation person. My brother owns a 360 and i didn't really play much on it. I agree with Thas on the fact that I also felt like the 360 was primarily a shooter system. If I did get a x1 I would only really play Ryse, out of the current lineup anyway not sure about future releases. The voice command seems pretty cool but I personally can do without it.

My friend however is getting it but he'll probably get it one more titles are out and theres a price drop. So probably in a year.

"There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world, there is only the inevitable"
-Yuuko, xxxHolic

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 12:21:20 am »
Persona 5 is coming to the PS3,  why even go next gen?
Also none of the Xbox exclusives interest me.

Offline Lucifer

• Philosophiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 01:05:17 am »

Shame bud, DR3 (insane amount of fun), Killer Instinct (favorite fighting game in over a decade), Ryse (lot of epic moments) and Forza are all well worth playing.

The main thing though is that the Xbox One OS makes you never want to use PC/previous gens again.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaosTheoryV2X
Bunch of awesome game clips I made in Game dvr ^.

Offline Asseylum Vers Allusia

• Aldnoah Zero / Mecha of 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 01:20:44 pm »

Shame bud, DR3 (insane amount of fun), Killer Instinct (favorite fighting game in over a decade), Ryse (lot of epic moments) and Forza are all well worth playing.

The main thing though is that the Xbox One OS makes you never want to use PC/previous gens again.

You are stupid.
"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

Offline Lucifer

• Philosophiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 12:35:07 pm »

You are stupid.

Enjoy your continual upgrades and constant tinkering of settings while I switch between games without moving a finger, watch Netflix while I grind and even play Titanfall/Dark Souls II at the same time (example, as I can do this with many systems.)

Plus you should probably actually use it before calling me stupid.

Offline Katakura Rosu

• not-a-bot
  • Going with the flow..
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 09:04:45 pm »
I've got an x1 and love it, tho part of me feels that I didn't need it at all. Constantly wandering if it was a mistake or not, tho it does look so nice in my room and I love the controller.

<3 Morphine <3

Offline Lucifer

• Philosophiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 02:52:37 am »
I've got an x1 and love it, tho part of me feels that I didn't need it at all. Constantly wandering if it was a mistake or not, tho it does look so nice in my room and I love the controller.
Have you played Ryse or Dead Rising 3? Playing either should alleviate any worry. If not simply wait a few months as glorious titles arrive like Thief, Titanfall, Dying Light, Watch Dogs, Destiny and possibly some of the other announced exclusives.

Offline BlackSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 01:11:22 pm »
along with most people Ive always been an rpg kinda man like FFXV and Kingdom Hearts......yeah sooo i may have to go PS4 but not untill the games i want come out, for now my PC and ps3 are sufficient. X1 is a sold system..tho Gran Turismo > Forza in my eyes.

Offline Lucifer

• Philosophiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 03:18:13 pm »
along with most people Ive always been an rpg kinda man like FFXV and Kingdom Hearts......yeah sooo i may have to go PS4 but not untill the games i want come out, for now my PC and ps3 are sufficient. X1 is a sold system..tho Gran Turismo > Forza in my eyes.
You're the first person I've seen say GT> Forza lol :P.

Ont a side note.. FFXV and Kingdom Hearts are both third party, multiplatform. If KH3/FFXV were exclusive I'd be buying a PS4 too, but so far nothing remotely interesting (Except maybe the order) has been announced as exclusive for PS4. (Uncharted 4 is lame imo, waste of studios talent).

Offline Asseylum Vers Allusia

• Aldnoah Zero / Mecha of 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 05:49:22 pm »
GT > Forza.
#childhoodgame #driftingtoohard #wasavengedandbeatmyolderbrotherinit #foreverGT
"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

Offline Katakura Rosu

• not-a-bot
  • Going with the flow..
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2013, 02:56:10 am »
Have you played Ryse or Dead Rising 3? Playing either should alleviate any worry. If not simply wait a few months as glorious titles arrive like Thief, Titanfall, Dying Light, Watch Dogs, Destiny and possibly some of the other announced exclusives.

To be honest I've never really followed Dead Rising and I felt Ryse would be pretty poor. I've got COD (it's fun but then it's COD, nothing special), I've got forza 5 but am yet to fully play it, had a little go and was very very impressed and entertained. Tho recently I've been back on my PC cus my friends finally convinced me to start playing LoL and now i'm hooked >_>

<3 Morphine <3

Offline Lucifer

• Philosophiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2013, 11:44:37 am »

To be honest I've never really followed Dead Rising and I felt Ryse would be pretty poor. I've got COD (it's fun but then it's COD, nothing special), I've got forza 5 but am yet to fully play it, had a little go and was very very impressed and entertained. Tho recently I've been back on my PC cus my friends finally convinced me to start playing LoL and now i'm hooked >_>
Trust me man, Ryse and Dead Rising are VERY worth playing, at the very least rent them. Ryse's combat can get repetitive for some but it has a ton of epic moments and I was surprised that by the end I still wasn't bored of it, and I played 40 hours. Dead Rising 3 is just nearly nonstop insane fun, theres a demo of it on the marketplace now too. Might even be a Ryse one too.

anything