Author Topic: True Detective [Discussion]  (Read 5241 times)

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
True Detective [Discussion]
« on: February 20, 2014, 05:31:07 am »
Can we talk about this show? Because it's amazing and just keeps getting better.

Offline Silént Assằssin

• Silent Assassin!
  • Global Moderator
  • Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
    • View Profile
Re: True Detective [Discussion]
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 09:41:00 pm »
I have seen 2 episodes so far, quite enjoyed it, Mathew and Woody are absolutely terrific, I read that every episode is literally better than the previous, will probably try to catch up tomorrow night so we have something to discuss.
"Blam! Murdered you"
Rocket Raccoon

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 09:48:23 pm »
I have seen 2 episodes so far, quite enjoyed it, Mathew and Woody are absolutely terrific, I read that every episode is literally better than the previous, will probably try to catch up tomorrow night so we have something to discuss.
Yeah episode 3 is where it really takes off and the end of episode 4 is jaw dropping. It really does get better.

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 04:24:08 am »

Offline Lucifer

• Philosophiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 04:34:50 pm »
Any predictions on the Yellow King? Show just keeps getting better. Ep 4 is crazy awesome.

MyAnimeList | Trakt | Avy n Sig by Dioz

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 05:10:16 pm »
Any predictions on the Yellow King? Show just keeps getting better. Ep 4 is crazy awesome.
I mean that preacher has to be involved somehow. But I'm not sure. I just don't think it's Rust. Also that guy mowing the lawn in that abandoned school could very well have been put in because he has a major part in it. Ep 5 did end with Rust going back to that place.

Offline Lucifer

• Philosophiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 07:09:09 pm »
I mean that preacher has to be involved somehow. But I'm not sure. I just don't think it's Rust. Also that guy mowing the lawn in that abandoned school could very well have been put in because he has a major part in it. Ep 5 did end with Rust going back to that place.

Those are my thoughts as well, I can't really think of anyone else we've encountered that stuck out besides those 2. Also the school pretty f'n creepy.

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 07:27:39 pm »

Those are my thoughts as well, I can't really think of anyone else we've encountered that stuck out besides those 2. Also the school pretty f'n creepy.

Yeah I pretty much said, 'nope' when he went back to the school. Also I think Rust is still undercover doing work in 2012 and maybe Marty is in on it and the whole falling out was for show and those two are still friends. They're trying to catch the Yellow King because of what happened in 2002.

Offline Lucifer

• Philosophiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 08:39:29 pm »

Yeah I pretty much said, 'nope' when he went back to the school. Also I think Rust is still undercover doing work in 2012 and maybe Marty is in on it and the whole falling out was for show and those two are still friends. They're trying to catch the Yellow King because of what happened in 2002.

Damn man we are on similar wavelengths, I was thinking he was undercover too with those interactions in ep 5, good point tho on the falling out for show tho I didn't think that part.

Offline Silént Assằssin

• Silent Assassin!
  • Global Moderator
  • Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 10:33:31 pm »
Just finished watching episode 4. Holy .... that was a jaw dropping episode, it was friggin' crazy! and Matthews perfomance keeps on elevating!
"Blam! Murdered you"
Rocket Raccoon

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 12:05:23 am »

Damn man we are on similar wavelengths, I was thinking he was undercover too with those interactions in ep 5, good point tho on the falling out for show tho I didn't think that part.

Yeah. Also I don't know if you guys are checking out HBO's youtube channel for the Inside the Episode stuff after every episode. In the episode 5 one the writer says
Rust drinking during the interrogation means anything he says is not admissable in court. That was smooth on his part.

Spoilers for the newest episode, number 6 follow:
HE MOWED THE f***ING LAWN! I had expected as much all season but didn't think it'd go down that way. How she takes advantage of Rust just to get back at Marty. Oh boy. Also Billy Ray Tuttle is obviously behind something with the Yellow King. Next week we get to see 2012 Rust and Marty talk? Hell yeah I'm here for that.

If you can't tell, I'm so in this fandom it's not even funny.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:28:28 am by wolfdarkn »

Offline Lucifer

• Philosophiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 03:59:09 pm »

Yeah. Also I don't know if you guys are checking out HBO's youtube channel for the Inside the Episode stuff after every episode. In the episode 5 one the writer says
Rust drinking during the interrogation means anything he says is not admissable in court. That was smooth on his part.

Spoilers for the newest episode, number 6 follow:
HE MOWED THE f***ING LAWN! I had expected as much all season but didn't think it'd go down that way. How she takes advantage of Rust just to get back at Marty. Oh boy. Also Billy Ray Tuttle is obviously behind something with the Yellow King. Next week we get to see 2012 Rust and Marty talk? Hell yeah I'm here for that.

If you can't tell, I'm so in this fandom it's not even funny.
Yeah I'm really excited for that talk too. Breaking Bad was the last time I had a pit in my stomach wishing the next episode was already airing. Best show on tv atm. Wonder if it will have a second season. On another note I'm quickly falling in love with Matthews acting. Where the f*** has this Matt been??!? After Dallas Buyers and this I will be following him a lot. Lot of crazy revelations though about the churches and schools, keeps getting darker and darker.

edit;
further thoughts on the second season. Sadly I don't see how it could have another with the same cast with how htis is going. I'd dearly miss Matt and Woodys played his part well too. But I'd still love the sense of storytelling to continue with new cast. IMO it'd be a really cool experiment to like keep doing the miniseries style with 2 well known actors.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 04:03:28 pm by Lucifer »

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 06:58:01 pm »
Yeah season 2 has so much potential because after this one being a big hit, a bunch of well known actors who'd never do tv might want to be on next season. That's an exciting prospect. So I'm okay with only have Matt and Woody for one season if it means we get another great group every year.

Offline Lucifer

• Philosophiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 02:53:46 pm »
Hot off the crime drama True Detective, the critically acclaimed eight-episode limited series he directed for HBO starring Matthew McConaughey-Woody Harrelson, Cary Fukunaga is in the middle of a pitch that Fox has bought pre-emptively for mid-six figures. It’s untitled, and it’s set in a contemporary wartime context.
http://www.deadline...elmer-cary-fukunaga/
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 03:01:27 pm by Lucifer »

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 07:52:19 pm »
Oh cool, his directing has been top notch.

anything