Author Topic: How I Met Your Mother  (Read 2700 times)

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
How I Met Your Mother
« on: March 31, 2014, 11:27:21 pm »
It's over folks.
Spoilers maybe to follow. Just a warning.

I actually loved the ending. It made the series make sense ultimately. It told the why of the story, and the flash forwards were realistic looks at the types of lives these characters would lead. It wasn't the nice typical sitcom happy ending package that something in this format (multicamera laugh track) would usually have. Divorce happens, death happens, and people can have more than one love in their life. And you know, they shot this ending 9 years ago so it was the plan all along and yeah not the worst payoff. I still hated most of the last 4 or 5 seasons, but if you just remember those early good ones, this is a great ending.

Offline BlackSteel

• View Profile
Re: How I Met Your Mother
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 11:55:48 pm »
well i had posted what i thought in the Chat thread but since you started this....

i gotta say i also liked the ending, apparently a lot of people hated it lol (guess you cant please everyone). i for sure thought that kind of ending would not happen, like i gave up on that along time ago so it was a pretty big twist for me (well done writers for fooling me). the show as been on the decline but hell i still loved it. and i gotta say man that scene with Barney and the baby really got me bout to shed that tear, but i went all coach hines. all in all i thought it was a fitting end, and im sad its over...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CiQxr0_MtU

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 12:07:45 am »
Not gonna lie, the f***ing blue french horn window scene really got me after the whole last scene with the children. f*** I loved this show back when it started. I really would have liked it to end a few years ago, but it's still a good show in the end.

Offline Kuro Ken

• Manga Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 04:09:35 am »
Near the end when his kids told him to just call Robin and he said, " I have a better idea" I was totally hoping for the blue french horn to make another appearance, and I wasn't disappointed

"There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world, there is only the inevitable"
-Yuuko, xxxHolic

Offline Xtorr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 06:56:12 pm »
well I'm in the didn't like it side, tbh I didn't like the last season, like can you draw it out even more? anyway the ending felt like it wasn't worth it (ya know long journey, shit reward)

Offline wolfdarkn

• Let me entertain you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 04:03:02 am »
It's really the show lasting so long that I think is the cause of the sour reaction. Because really this ending would have been fine years ago.

Offline omgitsotis

• No rice, no life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 03:10:28 pm »
It's really the show lasting so long that I think is the cause of the sour reaction. Because really this ending would have been fine years ago.
I've only watched the first 2 seasons. I feel like I should just jump to this season.

Offline Xtorr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 05:02:45 pm »
I've only watched the first 2 seasons. I feel like I should just jump to this season.

don't do it, this season was all about one location (well there were a few eps that changed locations, but still it was about the wedding) just watch the last 2 eps

Offline Silént Assằssin

• Silent Assassin!
  • Global Moderator
  • Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 11:12:22 pm »
If you're going to watch it Otis, watch it all, if not, watch the first 5 seasons, read up on everything else, watch the last 2 episodes.

I liked the ending. It was emotional, Lily crying gets me emotional, I don't know, I think her crying is done really well. From all the bitching I heard about the ending, I thought what could have been so bad? But Wolfy is right, people die, people get divorced, you don't always only love one person, that is life, and it's a shame a lot of people don't get that. The last few years did drag though, but it's all over now.

I think I need a moment.
"Blam! Murdered you"
Rocket Raccoon

Offline Kuro Ken

• Manga Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 12:44:37 am »
For those who didn't like the ending there's going to be an alternate ending in the 9th season dvd set
http://www.nydailyn...ng-article-1.1746936

"There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world, there is only the inevitable"
-Yuuko, xxxHolic