Author Topic: Glad you guys are doing well!  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Silént Assằssin

• Silent Assassin!
  • Global Moderator
  • Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
    • View Profile
Re: Glad you guys are doing well!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 02:49:11 pm »
Oh wow, nice to see you here man! I don't even know how long it's been now? A year? Or 2?
"Blam! Murdered you"
Rocket Raccoon

Offline Kurai No Hakari

• What's this Personal Text you're On about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 03:31:36 pm »
Hi king this is Kurai
You are a god damn bastard
But we still liked to make fun of you so welcome back.
To bad you dont got any admin powers here
Oh wait maybe thats for the best so you dont mess up another god damn Site like you did the other with no explanation But maybe copyright issues which is totalyl ok But if it was that you totally had that shit coming from all the dough you made too
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 03:33:07 pm by Shion »
Now why you open this?

Offline Terrorbreak

• not-a-bot
  • Captain Basch von Ronsenberg of Dalmasca
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 04:56:54 pm »
This is my first and probably last post you guys will see here. Now I've been around INP for a while so I saw things come and go. I've gotten to know higher ups in the "chain of power" and as someone who is more involved in real life these days, I want to add my two cents.

I applaud your desire to come back, King, and far be it from me to get in the way of you guys since I rarely ever affiliate myself with people here.  Now, you want to bring INP back and come here but you never explained your reason why INP was shut down in the first place. Yeah, it could create drama, but hey, INP was a drama fest as well and it IS the Internet. I'm sure any reason you had would be quite valid with majority of the members here. There's no reason to keep secrets from the others unless it's necessary which I can't see this one falling under that category.

If you were a leader of a random "club" that's one thing, but you were in charge of INP. Disappearing without a word and just letting everyone scatter reflects badly upon yourself. Why should we immediately put our trust in you that you're here to stay? How can we be certain the same thing won't happen again? If you weren't looking to run INP again, then so be it, the post can end here.

I'm just writing out a warning to those in charge. Be careful of King. I'm not saying he's a bad person but don't be quick to trust someone when you can't be certain if they will repeat the same actions. I say if King wants to regain trust and forgiveness, his first course of action is to entirely explain the reasoning for the site's closure.

f*** the Police

Offline CDeLorme

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 09:38:07 pm »
It feels like thread hijacking to make such a massive post in a "welcome back" thread, but here goes nothing.

I get the frustration and distrust, but I don't think it's warranted.

King was not only in charge of instantz and inpforums, he was also accountable for them.  That includes creating them, building many of the services we used, promoting our community, and paying for the servers, domains, and platforms on which they ran.  It also means he had to deal with legalities, similar to how I or my host would if people posted inappropriate contents on these forums.

If he made any money off the site it was well deserved, and I'll bet most of it was invested into the costs of keeping up the server; we did not use shared hosting, we had a servint server, and they are not cheap.

I recognize these facts, and do not hold his decision against him.

---

That said, I can't claim to be anymore trustworthy.  Like King I am one person, and currently I pay for the domain and server we use.  I do believe that our community is what makes us special, not our website or domain name.  The "keys to the site" are of little importance.

My goal is and has always been to use my technical knowledge to help provide better tools for us as a community.  I only hope my actions speak towards this.  I plan to continue my efforts to improve our current site.  This could involve any number of changes in the future, including server ownership, domain ownership, providing access to developers, etc.  I would be happy to have King help out with this, as he has both the experience and technical knowledge from our previous home.

Offline King

• not-a-bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 10:38:15 pm »
I understand where all the mistrusts coming from. Shutting the site down out of the blue is probably not the best idea ever but my actions are limited when I have to deal with legal matters and phone calls from lawyers. Make no mistake, it was the worst day ever for me to pull Instantz off the internet. I built Instantz as a hobby project with a friend using blogspot on 2006. Before I realized it, it became one of the biggest anime sites. During the journey, I met some very nice people like Wattup, Tito, ShadowKing, and CDeLorme who helped me making Instantz a better place for everyone. I also met lots of nice people on INPForums, and we would often talked on Skype. With that being said, the day I received legal pressure to not only going after me but also all those who helped me maintain the website, I immediately pulled the plug. It was a no brainer. Everyone have to know that all of the admins on Instantz/Inpforums are/were my closest online friends. No way in hell that I will do anything to put them at harm! Of course, the action I took also prevented me from getting into legals hell.

As for people who keep going on about me making "big money", your claim is right. However, did you know that running Instantz/Inpforums would costed upward $400/month during its peak? Did you know I run advertising for our forums and website on Google and Yahoo? And hey, don't you think I deserved some nice spare changes for all those nights I had to stay up to fix server faulty or ddos attacks?

I am not here to ask for forgiveness or people to trust me again. I am here because I am glad that the community which I built from a small blog is still standing strong after what happened.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 11:32:18 am by King »

Offline 68neko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2014, 04:33:34 am »
Not to be nitpicky, but your blog must have been dated to 2007 because INP forums got its initial members in the summer and fall of 2007. I joined in May 2008 and the place was shut down in November 2012. Seaofnumbers is coming up on its two year anniversary, believe it or not.

I have to admit that I didn't get a good vibe from this post.
You did a great job provided the crappy situation we faced. Yup, planning to stick around this time and rebuild the community if you guys are willing to help. BTW, instantz.net is still under my possession; how about making a cool "We'll be right back" banner? :)
To me it felt like you shut the place down without regard to the "community that you built" and then you show up almost two years later saying you still own instantz.net and want us to help you rebuild it. And the first request is to create a banner to announce the comeback?

I'm sure you put in a lot of time and money to maintain and build INP, but don't forget that many of us spent countless hours at Instantz uploading, linking episodes, checking and cleaning up the anime listing, and making the clubs a worthwhile place to hang out with reviews, resources, etc. When we migrated to v.2, jestyn and I had to fix all the links in the ARC anime library, which took weeks. And we ended up losing everything. So while I enjoy talking with the people here and discussing anime, I'm not so inclined to invest a lot of time to resurrect something unless its a joint effort of the community for the benefit of the community. I'm speaking only for myself and not as an admin of seaofnumbers.

CDeLorme is right that we can't really judge what he might do to this site in the future, but he was the one who saved us and he has been completely transparent and selfless about running this place. So I have more confidence in his leadership, although I would not oppose you and CD working collaboratively to improve things here.

Sig by Whatsemo

Offline ketaro

• Administrator
  • Let them entertain you
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 09:07:30 am »
I spent literally everyday in a 5 month period personally checking every single individual episode in every series starting from A and working down and finding, downloading, and reuploading a new, working video for each broken episode stream and I only got halfway through the index before it was all lost................I'm not feeling too great about going back to that after losing that massive investment >.>

Offline Kurai No Hakari

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 09:40:23 am »
King your whole post has left me speechless.
Making fun of poeple or pointing out flaws are my forte but you literlaly just made me so speechless i dont even know.
Instantz started in 2013 . What are you f***ing smoking?
400 dollars for server upkeep oh yeah sure but you still got tons of money from advertising and adds on the page anyways so what the deal.
If you got legal measure
MAKE A f***ING ANNOUNCEMTN YOUR GONNA PULL THEPLUG DONT JUST FUKCING PULL IT This is why People distrust you now and dont like ynou Because you literally just threw the whole community away without a single warning or word whne all you had to do was say guys due to legal preassures im sorry but i have to close the page
its been a fun run and i hope we meet agian. Thats all you had to do. Did you f***ing panic or what or did they say if you dont do it now then its over?
+ You did alot of shit and your Admin did a lot of shit and if poeple tried to Complain or point it out they got banned. You your self aint that bad but your other admins even if they was your friends and im sorry to say this but your other admins was f***ing scums.

Tl:dr  King should just made an annoucement before closing Instantz was not made in 2013 And i think some of your admins was literally the worst scum ever
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 09:59:59 am by Shion »
Now why you open this?

Offline Terrorbreak

• not-a-bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2014, 10:32:37 am »
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude

What if this is Astro?

Offline balis

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2014, 10:38:46 am »
This is my first and probably last post you guys will see here.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude

What if this is Astro?

made by dioz/kami

Offline Kurai No Hakari

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 10:41:20 am »
Its Astro clearly
Now why you open this?

Offline King

• not-a-bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2014, 11:31:45 am »
Not to be nitpicky, but your blog must have been dated to 2007 because INP forums got its initial members in the summer and fall of 2007. I joined in May 2008 and the place was shut down in November 2012. Seaofnumbers is coming up on its two year anniversary, believe it or not.

Sorry..clearly a typo. November 2006!

Offline Terrorbreak

• not-a-bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2014, 12:49:10 pm »
This is my first and probably last post you guys will see here.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude

What if this is Astro?

I know, I'm a liar, I feel so ashamed. I made a second post D:

And now I don't feel ashamed anymore because f*** it.

Offline Katsuie

• Local Moderators
  • Aldnoah Zero / Mecha of 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2014, 04:51:28 pm »
The Terrorbreak I know never feels ashamed..
"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

Offline Terrorbreak

• not-a-bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2014, 07:42:07 pm »
The Terrorbreak I know never feels ashamed..

I'm never ashamed, I just make myself appear to be ashamed so I come off as humble. Deep down inside I'm a complete douche to people because this is the Internet.

anything