Author Topic: Quitting my job  (Read 107 times)

Offline Animeace

• Manga Team
    • View Profile
Quitting my job
« on: September 03, 2021, 02:06:24 am »
So currently I work at a warehouse. My first few years where as a loader with a production of 900 cases an hour. The job was and still is brutal. There is no ac or working fans in my area. There are fans attached to your lines that the freight comes down but its useless when the trailer you are working in sits out on the yard in the sun shut all day long. Your just getting hot air blown in your face while trying to load heavy freight at unreasonable pace. Which is also further complicated by the rollers not working right causing you to exert more energy to push the freight. Also your most likely will be by your self since the area is understaffed and cant keep ppl. Oh and you only get 1 15 min break and 1 20 min for a 10hr shift.

The only reason i made this long is because the money is really great and since we are so short staffed and cant keep a manager i usually will not have to load anymore. I mostly just call in and out trailers and and do production sheet for the last year and a half. However recently the warehouse fail so far behind that they forced everyone to work 5 straight months of 6 day week mandatory overtime 11 hr shifts with still no lunch break tho this was later corrected but to little to late it just caused more ppl to quit and walk out. Mentally im tapped out but i will never make the money im making right now if i quit so im on the fence. It's unlikely to get unemployment as they just dont fire ppl you could no call no show for a week and still come back. sigh....... i have enough saved to pay all bills for the next two months but is it worth the risk to job hunt right now decisions...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 02:09:28 am by Animeace »

Sig by Yumijii

Sig by Twobit

Offline Jestyn

• not-a-bot
  • Fuko-chan
    • View Profile
Re: Quitting my job
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 02:30:43 am »
It's hard to find job right now atleast in the place I live due to pandemic. I don't know about your area though. I know your situation is garbage. It's not really in my possition to talk but my advice that you find another job first before quitting.

Edit: or probably find employment at mcdonalds or grecery for now, small pay but atleast you're not zero while you're looking for your would be next job, It's still busy though but atleast it's not as overkill as warehouse.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 03:35:15 am by Jestyn »

Offline Animeace

• Manga Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 04:44:43 pm »
It's hard to find job right now atleast in the place I live due to pandemic. I don't know about your area though. I know your situation is garbage. It's not really in my possition to talk but my advice that you find another job first before quitting.

Edit: or probably find employment at mcdonalds or grecery for now, small pay but atleast you're not zero while you're looking for your would be next job, It's still busy though but atleast it's not as overkill as warehouse.

Somewhere out in Texas. Small town but we have lots of metal fab and warehouses. Ive tried to apply before for some easier jobs but got asked why I was applying and leaving the pay I have? I've only had two jobs in 10 years one was a shift manager and the other my current job. Seems like im over qualified which is real irony as I was always told having a good job and resume would make it easier to get another job growing up.

Im looking at some other warehouses there are a few with lower production and better breaks and lunch like Target but I would have to commute but it be easier. For now i just took the week off to rest and get reset.

Sig by Yumijii

Sig by Twobit

Offline Jestyn

• not-a-bot
  • Fuko-chan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 12:27:12 am »
Somewhere out in Texas. Small town but we have lots of metal fab and warehouses. Ive tried to apply before for some easier jobs but got asked why I was applying and leaving the pay I have? I've only had two jobs in 10 years one was a shift manager and the other my current job. Seems like im over qualified which is real irony as I was always told having a good job and resume would make it easier to get another job growing up.

Im looking at some other warehouses there are a few with lower production and better breaks and lunch like Target but I would have to commute but it be easier. For now i just took the week off to rest and get reset.
This might be helpful to you:
https://www.thebala...er-level-job-2060974

Offline Animeace

• Manga Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 08:58:11 am »

This might be helpful to you:
https://www.thebala...er-level-job-2060974

I stared applying yesterday and have got two job offers no interview required. Those 2 are due to my fork lift certification. overall I’ve had 6 that asked me to apply just off my resume so all is looking good I’m going to wait a week and then narrow down top 3 or 5 and hopefully will get one of those. I’m looking to go back to retail management or sales position.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 09:01:06 am by Animeace »

Sig by Yumijii

Sig by Twobit

Offline Jestyn

• not-a-bot
  • Fuko-chan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 09:17:55 am »
I stared applying yesterday and have got two job offers no interview required. Those 2 are due to my fork lift certification. overall I’ve had 6 that asked me to apply just off my resume so all is looking good I’m going to wait a week and then narrow down top 3 or 5 and hopefully will get one of those. I’m looking to go back to retail management or sales position.
That’s good to hear. I just hope you don’t end in the same mess you had in your previous job since you just it for that reason. And I hope things will work out for you.

Offline Animeace

• Manga Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 10:55:38 am »
That’s good to hear. I just hope you don’t end in the same mess you had in your previous job since you just it for that reason. And I hope things will work out for you.

Thanks! I turned down both of the warehouse offers so I’m def not going to repeat the same mistake.

Sig by Yumijii

Sig by Twobit

anything