Author Topic: Manga Recommendations  (Read 3258 times)

Offline TommyHales

• Local Moderators
  • Love Binds Us All
    • View Profile
Manga Recommendations
« on: January 06, 2013, 07:57:00 pm »
OK just like i did with the anime ones people can request recommendations here and people can give recommendations here as well.

OK so i guess ill start first.

OK so i got a kindle fire for xmas and i have the mango app on it which rips mangas from places like manga reader mangastream and other places and manga looks awesome on the 7inch display but i have no idea on what to read as iv already got every manga i read to a weekly/monthly basis im currently reading rosiro + vampire 2, bleach, naruto, fairytail. also currently reading NISEKOI and iv read SEX=LOVE^2.

p.s if a mod could sticky this would be awesome that way people wont have to make new posts asking for recommendations

Avatar: Twobit . Signiture: Kami(Dioz) v TommyHales ^

Offline raisane

• not-a-bot
    • View Profile
Re: Manga Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 05:00:18 pm »
well i do recommend tripeace: http://www.batoto.n...comics/tripeace-r195
the only problem is that it isn't weekly but monthly (does give you reason to reread it once in a while)

gantz: http://www.batoto.n.../_/comics/gantz-r272
is also a really good manga, but after 300 chapters it goes in a whole different direction

as last i recommend Diamond no Ace: http://www.batoto.n...diamond-no-ace-r1737

i do have to say that these 3 are completely different manga, so if you don't like one you can still try out the others

Offline ippo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 06:06:14 pm »
try rave, it's like a better fairy tail where characters can be killed :p

Offline Dark

• I don't care... doesn't mean I don't understand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 07:15:40 pm »
City of Darkness is pretty good. The fighting scenes are really well done and the art style is awesome.

Offline Kuro Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 08:55:08 pm »
As always I open up my recs with
Love Hina
it's my favorite manga of all time, completed, it's ecchi comedy romance, and yes harem, by the great Ken Akamatsu

second I highly recommend
Trace
It's a korean Manhwa, completed, great action, a lot of character building, and the ending was crazy, kind of wish they'd make an anime out of it.

I'll update this later

"There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world, there is only the inevitable"
-Yuuko, xxxHolic

Offline diozknight

• Global Moderator
  • totally not dioz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 05:50:33 am »
Applicant for Death highly recommend this series, its a deconstruction of the romance genre, it may have some questionable scenes but it's all in good spirit.

Offline Shiro

• DOJYAAA~~N!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 09:37:17 am »
Applicant for Death highly recommend this series, its a deconstruction of the romance genre, it may have some questionable scenes but it's all in good spirit.

please ......please don't

Offline Silént Assằssin

• Silent Assassin!
  • Global Moderator
  • Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 08:40:47 pm »
Going to go read Freezing coz storm said it's good stuff
"Blam! Murdered you"
Rocket Raccoon

Offline TommyHales

• Local Moderators
  • Love Binds Us All
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 03:42:04 pm »
hey guys been reading alot of manga recently, currently reading gangsta its pretty good so far what i wanted to know is does any of you know a good mature manga you know 1 with blood/violence, sex, drugs tho whole shabam or any mangas that have any of those in? thanks

Offline Kuro Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 08:39:13 pm »
hey guys been reading alot of manga recently, currently reading gangsta its pretty good so far what i wanted to know is does any of you know a good mature manga you know 1 with blood/violence, sex, drugs tho whole shabam or any mangas that have any of those in? thanks
Well minus the sex and drugs there a manga called shin angyo onshi it has a lot of action and blood and such

"There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world, there is only the inevitable"
-Yuuko, xxxHolic

Offline TommyHales

• Local Moderators
  • Love Binds Us All
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 11:25:54 am »
anyone know a good manga like the manhwa the breaker/the breaker new waves i just read it and i found it to be f***ing awesome i like the idea of something like Kenichi where someone starts as a noob turns out he has some talent for fighting always getting stronger as it goes on but i like it with the breaker where at points during the fights sometimes something happens that causes the person to snap bleach we had the hollow coming out Naruto its the 9 tail fox power that makes him go insane in the breaker it was the Black Origin Threshold where the person loses all rationality and just wants to kill his enemy where friend or foe dosent matter anymore. please tell me i haven't read all the manga's out there with that lol. also 1 last thing it has to be set in modern ages Naruto was the exception and even that i guess is kinda set in modern ages i mean i saw once that Naruto had a tv

Offline balis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 12:32:57 pm »
anyone know a good manga like the manhwa the breaker/the breaker new waves i just read it and i found it to be ****ing awesome i like the idea of something like Kenichi where someone starts as a noob turns out he has some talent for fighting always getting stronger as it goes on but i like it with the breaker where at points during the fights sometimes something happens that causes the person to snap bleach we had the hollow coming out Naruto its the 9 tail fox power that makes him go insane in the breaker it was the Black Origin Threshold where the person loses all rationality and just wants to kill his enemy where friend or foe dosent matter anymore. please tell me i haven't read all the manga's out there with that lol. also 1 last thing it has to be set in modern ages Naruto was the exception and even that i guess is kinda set in modern ages i mean i saw once that Naruto had a tv
Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru / karate (obviously)
Buyuden / english boxing
Kurogane (zero to hero) / kendo

They are all mangas though, and they all start with little to no capacity in the concerned field. And unlike The breaker, they are all about sports (no gangs/mafias/clans and fight to death~~=

made by dioz/kami

Offline Lucifer

• Philosophiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 10:39:24 pm »
Curious if anyone is so passionate about a manga they'd consider it an absolute must read, although check my list first please :D. http://myanimelist....mangalist/LuciferIAm

MyAnimeList | Trakt | Avy n Sig by Dioz

Offline Kuro Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 11:30:10 pm »
Curious if anyone is so passionate about a manga they'd consider it an absolute must read, although check my list first please :D. http://myanimelist....mangalist/LuciferIAm

hmm well going off of the on hold, I would highly recommend continuing Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles

but going with things not of that whole list here are a few

Flame of Recca (Action)
Eyeshield 21 (Sports)
Rave Master (The better fairy tail)
Yuyu Hakusho (Action)
School Rumble (RomCom)

But I'm more passionate for Love Hina than all of those I've mentioned above combined.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 11:31:56 pm by Kuro Ken »

-Yuuko, xxxHolic

Offline diozknight

• Global Moderator
  • totally not dioz
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 06:35:17 pm »

Hoshi no Samidare
Onani Master Kurosawa
Oyasumi Punpun
Freesia

anything